Just bought a Premium Spectre Pack (NOT a character pack):

+5 Ops Survival

Cryo Rounds 3

Salarian Engineer +62500 class XP

N7 Paladin +250000 class XP

Krogan Sentinel +250000 class XP.

Pretty lucky with these things, me.

• 1 month later...

A lot of people on the Bioware forums and Twitter have noticed that Chris Schlerf is no longer listed as Head Writer for ME4 on the Bioware website, and this is at the same time that John Dombrow has returned to the company as a "senior writer."

Dombrow was the head writer for most of Garrus' dialogue, the Citadel DLC, and the Priority Tuchanka and Priority Thessia missions.

• 4 months later...

So this is a weird bump after 4 months of non news, but today I spent a lot of the day reading on what is apparently out there on Andromeda. 

It..... Dammit. I want to play it. Bioware are jerks, and I'm not setting the bar too high on story, but the general concept is exactly what I'd want it to be. Settlers in Space is cool, even if I'm still annoyed at being a stupid no good human.

I think I'm officially on the "when will this game come out because I'm out of great things to play other then Fallout" train.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the release window is now October 2016 - March 2017 since EA CFO said on a call to investors yesterday that the next Titanfall, Battlefield and Mass Effect would come out in the 2nd half of EA's fiscal year

• 3 weeks later...

Well technically the story could have been finished awhile ago

And based on Destiny - I didn't know Bungie hired writers

Halo: Reach had an excellent storyline.  The latter Halo games and Destiny, not so much which is probably why they hired Chris.

Chris is a good writer, but Drew is the person then should've thrown money at for a game treatment.

Will that delay a game that should be out within a year or will most of the writing have already been done?

No one knows for sure yet but it does seem to imply that his part was done.

Nothing to really be afraid of.  As Rippa said, Schlerf's work on the project is already complete and I think it is important to remember that most of the memorable content from the games didn't even come from him.  The core writers for ME are still at Bioware except for Drew Karpyshyn.

No need to panic unless Casey Hudson turns in his resignation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the release window is now October 2016 - March 2017 since EA CFO said on a call to investors yesterday that the next Titanfall, Battlefield and Mass Effect would come out in the 2nd half of EA's fiscal year

As Jenn posted in the upcoming release thread - the CFO confirmed Andromeda will be Q4 (which for Bioware is Jan-March)

But more specifically - March 2017

And as I pointed out - that matches the releases of ME2 and ME3

I saw this pop up in my "Trending News" on Facebook, and I felt like it was non-news. I thought it was well-established that we'd have a new ME around by April of 2017 and that it wasn't releasing in 2016 at all by then.

I saw this pop up in my "Trending News" on Facebook, and I felt like it was non-news. I thought it was well-established that we'd have a new ME around by April of 2017 and that it wasn't releasing in 2016 at all by then.

I think some folks were clinging to that initial "Holiday 2016" announcement and hadn't heard about the "updated release window"

But even still - this is a little more specific than "it will come out in the 6 month window"

Can you play all ME games on the XBone yet?

Nope. Probably won't be able to through backwards compatibility. They got away with ME1 because Microsoft was the publisher, but EA published 2 & 3. And I still think they're gonna do a collection.

• 5 weeks later...

From the video that no longer exists

masseffectandromedajetpack.gif

According to reliable industry insider shinobi of NeoGAF, the footage we’re seeing now is from an old 2014 build and that Mass Effect: Andromeda “doesn’t look like this now.” Speaking of which, don’t be surprised if the final game looks far off from what we see here since it’s obviously from an earlier build and whatnot.