DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

There's a way to make El Dragon happy (or at least me) and keep the story-telling of Mass Effect intact: allow me to switch who I'm controlling between the 3 squadmates (also wish it was 4 squadmates this time, but oh well).

Keep in mind the character in the trailer isn't the actual protagonist so there is a chance you aren't N7.

The N7 designation is one of the iconic cornerstones of the franchise.  We will probably end up piloting an SA spec-ops soldier.

The Turian on my team had better have Armiger Legion armor.

There's a way to make El Dragon happy (or at least me) and keep the story-telling of Mass Effect intact: allow me to switch who I'm controlling between the 3 squadmates (also wish it was 4 squadmates this time, but oh well).

This is a very good point and in retrospect something I don't understand why they haven't done yet. 

Also, random thought: if they really want me to get excited about the Mass Effect name again, the answer is simple and needs to happen. Mass Effect Tabletop RPG. GIVE IT TO ME!

Shittttttttt...... I'm getting the urge to play ME3 multiplayer again..... MUST RESIST!

Give it a week.  The urge will go away.

Besides, I already know how this will go.  You will convince Rippa and me to play again - You will quit after two weeks - Rippa and I will continue to play for eight months.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You are family, bro.  I wouldn't pick on you if you weren't or if It wasn't the truth.

I remember when you were all in for ME3 co-op and Destiny.  You got Rippa and me to go all in with you.  The students became the masters both times.

I was all in on ME3 co-op for a long, long time. I played that game more hours in multiplayer than any other game in my life except maybe Halo 2. Maybe I didn't play it as long as you two, but you can't say I didn't play it A LOT.

Destiny let me down. I wish I liked it enough to play it a bunch, but I was bored shitless.

Remember, it was playing ME3 that got me approved to join this board in the first place.

Those were good times.   I have no wish to relive them because my OCD will hate my GR% being below 80%. 

We will not talk about the horror I will feel for slipping out of the Global Top 200 in points and N7 rating.

This will happen all over again once ME4 comes out.  Rippa and I will play it constantly for like five years straight.

I was all in on ME3 co-op for a long, long time. I played that game more hours in multiplayer than any other game in my life except maybe Halo 2. Maybe I didn't play it as long as you two, but you can't say I didn't play it A LOT.

Destiny let me down. I wish I liked it enough to play it a bunch, but I was bored shitless.

Rippa and I are idiots with OCD.  I am not sure whose is worse because we kvetch over different things.  Rippa is all about completing bounties at any cost while I am OH SHIT, NEW GRIMOIRE CARD~!

You should've gotten Destiny for 360.  Chat can get pretty interesting when Rippa, Mis, or I am having a rough night in the Crucible.

Rippa and I are idiots with OCD. I am not sure whose is worse because we kvetch over different things. Rippa is all about completing bounties at any cost while I am OH SHIT, NEW GRIMOIRE CARD~!

You should've gotten Destiny for 360. Chat can get pretty interesting when Rippa, Mis, or I am having a rough night in the Crucible.

Are you gonna have an X-Box One in time for Halo 5? Maybe me, you, RIPPA, and a fourth can play through the campaign?

• 2 weeks later...

If Andromeda is set 100+ years after Mass Effect 3, Liara and Grunt (and Samara and Wrex or Wreav) could potentially still be alive, right? Long-lived species? Not that it would neccesarily make any sense for them to have moved to another galaxy or anything.