DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I have no idea what that is as I've never played MGS.

That Time Kojima Deceived Everyone About Metal Gear Solid 2's Main Character

Cliff Notes Version:  The gameplay demos for Metal Gear Solid 2 featured the franchise's beloved protagonist, Solid Snake. 

When the game shipped, players found out to their horror that Kojima had swapped out Solid Snake for Raiden as the main character and fans went apeshit with rage.

And yeah, if the Ryder's are brother and sister and the demos feature the brother, there is potential for the sister to be the actual default main character.

I personally think it would be awesome if one of the starting members of your crew / fireteam was the other Ryder sibling. 

That would be different if your bro / sis was your XO or Gunnery Chief or something, but most real life military regs do not allow family members to serve in a direct chain of command.

I am sure that military realism grognards would raise hell about it on the Bioware boards if it went down like that even though 1) it's a game and 2) we're talking about unique expeditionary mission where only a few people will have the expertise to pull it off.

I believe Dishonored 2 is doing a sister where you pick either Father or Daughter and play that character the entire game (unlike the Assassin's Creed model where you flip back and forth between siblings)

I am not thrilled at the prospect of playing as two (or more different people) but whatevs

I already know I am gonna sink another 1000 hours plus into the game

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I personally think it would be awesome if one of the starting members of your crew / fireteam was the other Ryder sibling. 

That would be different if your bro / sis was your XO or Gunnery Chief or something, but most real life military regs do not allow family members to serve in a direct chain of command.

I am sure that military realism grognards would raise hell about it on the Bioware boards if it went down like that even though 1) it's a game and 2) we're talking about unique expeditionary mission where only a few people will have the expertise to pull it off.

You know the sibling would get Jenkins'd in the first mission.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, J.T. said:

And it would happen after I take hours deciding how to spend the skill points...

Jenkins really is set up to fail in my more recent playthroughs.  Alenko and I are rolling up with our maxed out Predator armor, Savant amps and Spectre weapons, and that poor bastard is stuck with his crappy level one gear.  No wonder he went down so easy.

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Yeah, I figure you're right on that one.  It'll be the pick which sibling dies part of DA2 all over again.

I would rather be the Jenkins model than the DA2 model

Because the DA2 model totally fucked over my game because she was my base Mage

Stupid fucking DA2

My own half-assed predictions, because I'm an old fart who has better things to do with his life than produce a 90 minute video blog on Youtube in which I break down every single frame of footage of the PS4 Pro and make guesses about it:

Spoiler
  • The sleeper ship is the size of the Citadel and actually has 12-13 million humans/turians/asari/krogan/volus/salarians/batarians/etc. in the stasis tubes.
  • The asari did like Castro in the Marial Boatlift and used the launching of the sleeper ship as an excuse to secretly dump a bunch of criminals and mentally handicapped/mentally ill asari on the ship and out of asari society.  The "raccoon" asari shown is an expy of Jack.
  • The Big Bad is the Ryder father, who spent long periods out of cryo stasis and either went crazy from isolation or struck a deal with aliens in the Andromeda galaxy to sell off the humans, etc. as slaves or food. (Basically, Matt Damon's character from "Interstellar.")
  • The "Virmire Choice" will involve having to sacrifice your sibling to save the rest of the crew. Bonus points if your sibling is then corrupted by the aliens ala Sarah Kerrigan.

• 4 weeks later...

I was legit planning on getting a PS4 just for Horizon: Zero Dawn and it almost feels pointless since I know I wont play anything outside of Andromeda no matter how terrible it is

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was legit planning on getting a PS4 just for Horizon: Zero Dawn and it almost feels pointless since I know I wont play anything outside of Andromeda no matter how terrible it is

The PS4 is pretty much my dream system: it's AAA blockbusters, weird niche games, and really good indie games.

The only drawback is it's got The Order: 1886 and No Man's Sky. Can't win them all.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AxB said:

You could have posted the whole video, lad.

I swear I thought someone had already but I am realizing now that it was Facebook where I saw it and not here