DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

• 1 month later...

So, it says that you can go and do multiplayer missions as part of your own single-player campaign, or as part of other people's campaign's (obviously). But does this mean, if the host is sending a crew of 4 (or maybe more?) Krogans, and you join, you get to/ have to play as a Krogan, even if you haven't unlocked any Krogan classes in your own campaign?

I think they would more do it as straight matchmaking - similiar to ME3

So if you choose to do a single player side mission as MP - it just puts you into a room waiting for other players and then you can start (or wait) for however many players and they pick whoever they want to play as.

I think you only select a crew if you are having the AI do it.

AND if it is like the system used in DA:I - you didn't even select the types of characters to use just the approach you wanted to use (Diplomacy or Stealth/Conspiracy or Brute Forces)

Oh, that would be cool - if you join a mission and its stealth style,so everyone picks infiltrators with cloaks, and then you do another one (or the same one again) a day later and it's Assault so you all pick Tank characters. That would be an improvement over the 'ten waves and extract' one way combat (that's still really good) in ME3.

Just for the sake of clarity - in DA:I

When you select one of those - what they call War Table Missions - you pick a style - say "Forces". Then a timer goes and at the end of it you receive your reward. You don't actually play anything.

So I would assume if ME:A is using this - they are doing that with the option to actually play the mission instead of waiting out the timer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Visuals are great! Disappointed that there was no combat gameplay.

So, the ethnicity of my character will determine the ethnicity of my sibling, right? Or do I have to deal with the Fant4stic thing where I am a black man with a badass soulpatch and my sister is an adopted Caucasian woman?

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - the internet being the internet

Lots of bitching that the character was male during that video

It was a fucking tech demo.  Seriously?

Well we have one mystery solved.  The boyish looking Asari with the smokey eye makeup we saw in prior videos is a typical member of the species.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if my feelings have ever been conflicted more about a game then ME:A There is shit I like, but I love Bioware games for the story, and I'm not sure if they have told a great story, start to finish, in one of their games since ME:2. And I just have a feeling whatever big changes they make to the universe are just gonna annoy me.