DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 42: Henderson vs. Khabilov (6/7/2014) - Albuquerque, NM (Tingley Coliseum)

Elsalvajeloco

4t6iye.jpg

UFC Fight Night 42: Henderson vs. Khabilov

June 7, 2014

Albuquerque, NM (Tingley Coliseum)

Benson Henderson (155.5) vs. Rustam Khabilov (156) - Henderson, SUB (rear naked choke), R4 (1:16)

Diego Sanchez (155) vs. Ross Pearson (155.5) - Sanchez, DEC (split)

John Dodson (125) vs. John Moraga (126) - Dodson, TKO (doctor stoppage), R2 (5:00)

Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Jason High (154.5) - Dos Anjos, TKO (referee stoppage), R2 (3:36)

Yves Edwards (155) vs. Piotr Hallmann (154) - Hallmann, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (2:31)

Érik Pérez (136) vs. Bryan Caraway (135) - Caraway, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:52)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:

Yaotzin Meza (136) vs. Sergio Pettis (135) - Pettis, DEC (unanimous)

Bobby Voelker (170.5) vs. Lance Benoist (169) - Benoist, DEC (unanimous)

Scott Jorgensen (125.5) vs. Danny Martinez (124.5) - Jorgensen, DEC (unanimous)

Jon Tuck (154.5) vs. Jake Lindsey (153.5) - Tuck, TKO (heel strikes to body), R3 (2:47)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:

Patrick Cummins (204) vs. Roger Narvaez (204) - Cummins, TKO (punches), R2 (2:28)

Event Bonuses ($50,000):

Performance of the Night: Piotr Hallmann

Performance of the Night: Benson Henderson

Fight of the Night: Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez

Attendance: 8,775

Gate: $697,901

Rating: 1.2 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:

Jon Tuck vs. Yosdenis Cedeno - Injury to Cedeno

Patrick Cummins vs. Francimar Barroso - Injury to Barroso

Guest Edwin

Finally a solid card on paper.

Bendo is a huge step up for Khabilov, but I think he takes it.

If Benson tries to play with his hair 30 seconds of each round, he may get upset. He can't have the same type of performance he had against Josh Thomson (w/ a broken hand BTW) vs. Khabilov. Rustam is a much more physically aggressive fighter.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Fight day and around 1,400-1,300 tickets still available in a 10,000 seat arena, so they've sold around 7,600-7,700 tickets at best.

In the top 5 list of worst decisions ever this has to be in the top 3.   At least it wasn't an extremely important fight because neither one of them is in range for a title shot.  Although with Dana latest bitching about wrestlers and competing and heart I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Diego a title shot.   Even Florian who is mostly a media puppet for Dana was outraged.  

Dana definitely breathed a sign of relief on that one because another Diego loss whether competitive or not would put most fighters on the chopping block.  And there is the suspicious part of all of this

Apparently Greg Jackson has learned to talk to his Russian fighters by watching Russev and Lana promos on RAW.  What the hell was that accent  :lol:

• Like 1

OK guys, I've decided to become a succesfull UFC fighter, my plan is to go into the cage and run away for 4:30 of every round and then flail around in the last thirty seconds, maybe land a shot or two, and steal every round, since obviously you can steal rounds by giving 30 seconds of aggression.

• Like 1

OK guys, I've decided to become a succesfull UFC fighter, my plan is to go into the cage and run away for 4:30 of every round and then flail around in the last thirty seconds, maybe land a shot or two, and steal every round, since obviously you can steal rounds by giving 30 seconds of aggression.

Sanchez missed like 101/138 thrown punches. The new Leonard Garcia but with more brain damage

Don't forget to ignore any wrestling training because wrestlers are boring and all they do is sit on people for 3 or 4 minutes

Putting a fight card at altitude, in a desert, in June. Great idea. Guys won't gas out in the first round at all.

The way how after Diego's win, they had to find a Move of the Fight for him, and the best they could come up with was him missing five punches in a row (while eating three counters)... terrible.