DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

To be honest since Reid died I think I'm happier he's nearer his daughter and his WWE family than anywhere else.

Look at you with the emotions and the feelings.

I to find it hard to see Flair getting booed.

I can't even imagine functioning after what Ric's been through and I have no kids.

I asked in the Gifs thread, but does Bradshaw hold the record for incremental gimmick changes?

Justin Hawk Bradshaw

Blackjack Bradshaw

Ministry Bradshaw

APA Bradshaw

Hansen-esque Texas Bradshaw

Proto-JBL APA Bradshaw

JBL

Cabinet JBL*

JBL*

Commishioner/Commentator JBL

Between 8 & 10 separate gimmicks which were all basically just small tweaks to what he'd been doing. kinda crazy

And John Hawk in the pre WWE days.

To be honest since Reid died I think I'm happier he's nearer his daughter and his WWE family than anywhere else.

I can't even imagine functioning after what Ric's been through and I have no kids.

He's had an insane life. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

He's had an insane life. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

Until Reid passed I was jealous. Even when he was embarrassing himself in TNA every week. Now the lows have to outweight the highs quite considerably.

I wouldn't expect Flair to get a decent reaction in front of most crowds because of the time gap when he was important and now. They bring back so many guys and expect them to get great reactions and they mostly don't because no one knows who the hell they are.

But I think the difference between Flair and the other old farts is that Flair can still be wildly entertaining at the drop of coat.

Ric Flair comes out, basically cuts the Authority's "You're a B+ player" promo on Bryan, he'll get booed.

He brings out The Miz as an example of an A+ player, there may be riots.

Frankly, the smarky smarks who might cheer him no matter what know that he basically SAID that about Bryan, for real, in the last couple of years. So I think he could fit pretty well into meshing with Triple H.

Where the Hell has Mark Henry been? Is he hurt again or something? Last time I remember seeing him, he was killed by Brock Lesnar. I haven't seen Lesnar since Wrestlemania.

He jobbed to Cesaro back in April. But he is probably hurt again.

8 years ago today...

This match is what frustrates me about WWE's continuity ignorance AND Cena's almost decade long lack of character development. The devilish heel turn that Bray Wyatt so desperately wanted to get out of Cena happened in this match. Tons of extreme rulesy stuff, plenty of heel tactics and character ticks. 

Even wore black gear! He was SHATTERED GLASS CENA

haha, yes! I forgot about Morrison's ridiculous catchphrases and his insistence that you bounce money off his abs.

Their feud with Crime Tyme was fantastic, there was one instance where both teams were out on commentary dishing out insults to each and Miz and Morrison absolutely annihilated them leaving them speechless. I've tried to find that clip since but to no avail

Ric Flair comes out, basically cuts the Authority's "You're a B+ player" promo on Bryan, he'll get booed.

He brings out The Miz as an example of an A+ player, there may be riots.

Oh man all he has to do is talk about how The Miz is doing the Hollywood movies, has the Hollywood wife, has the money, the looks. What's Bryan got? A scruffy beard and the lesser twin? Flair can easily get heel hate for anyone if they let him.

haha, yes! I forgot about Morrison's ridiculous catchphrases and his insistence that you bounce money off his abs.

Their feud with Crime Tyme was fantastic, there was one instance where both teams were out on commentary dishing out insults to each and Miz and Morrison absolutely annihilated them leaving them speechless. I've tried to find that clip since but to no avail

Here you go....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70gwg_kelly-kelly-vs-jillian-hall_sport

• Like 1

Here you go....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70gwg_kelly-kelly-vs-jillian-hall_sport

This is God's work. I've also been looking for this.

The people talking about Flair delivering these promos to get a heel reaction saw the rambling, mumbling, drunken mess that was his last live promo right? The one where he was supposed to give the Shield some props but mushmouthed the final line and got no reaction from the crowd?

I think the Ric Flair who could talk the crowd into hating him has been gone for a long time.

Catching up on the last few pages. I thought Miz's rise was pretty awesome at the time. I wasn't a fan of him much at all until shortly before he became US Champ when it seemed like he suddenly started having really good matches. His build up felt very natural going from tag guy to really long US title run to eventually WWE Champ. Thought his cash in was very well done and the reign had some standout moments like the mentioned Morrison falls count anywhere match and the Lawler feud. Even after the title run, the Alex Riley face turn was excellent but it seems after that is when the downward slide happened.. though I remember the Miz/Rey tournament final being pretty good too. I do think he's still capable of real good matches and wouldn't mind an attempt to push him again.

Ran out of likes but the CM Punk 7/25/11 return was also one of my all time favorite moments. Probably the last time I truly marked out for Punk. Was surreal hearing Cult of Personality hit on RAW out of nowhere and instantly remember Punk's ROH reign. Love the confusion among the crowd and then the pop when he finally appears. Great stuff.

Where the Hell has Mark Henry been? Is he hurt again or something? Last time I remember seeing him, he was killed by Brock Lesnar. I haven't seen Lesnar since Wrestlemania.

He jobbed to Cesaro back in April. But he is probably hurt again.

He was on a few times last month..  the battle royal where Sheamus won the US Title, wrestled Reigns on SD and was last against Dolph in a Beat the Clock match on Raw.