DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I'd add Brian Cage to the list when we get to newer guys.  They're missing out.

I mean they had him as Kris Logan but man, the dude is jacked like a fucking monster now AND can work

Yeah, I've seen people saying that bulking up slowed him down, but then I saw him doing moonsaults and 619s this year and concluded that those people are idiots.

Does Joe really count as a missed opportunity? He's held most of their titles. The entire promotion is just one big missed opportunity.

That's certainly true, and in the long term it wouldn't have mattered, but I still think Joe should've beaten Angle in their first match.

• Like 1

Nigel couldn't have done any better than Barrett did in that angle. Putting them against Cena is what did that angle in.

It's definitely possible that the angle still would've bombed, but it didn't help that the group didn't have anyone who looked like they belonged in the ring with the likes of Cena or Orton in the abscence of Bryan either. All due respect to Wade, but there's a huge gap in talent between him and prime Nigel. It's very possible the powers that be would have been more comfortable giving Nigel more to work with. Or maybe Cena would've fallen in love with Nigel like he did with Bryan and tried to put him over whenever he could.

• Like 1

Samoa Joe may have held all of TNA's titles but it is things like losing to Angle in their first match, losing to Angle via chair shot at Hard Justice 2007 killing his momentum, losing to old man Sting at Bound for Glory 2008 without even getting a rematch, promising to take out the MEM at Slammiversary 2009 but then joining them, getting kidnapped by ninjas, getting choked out by Jeff Jarrett and getting in trouble for the "phantom of the impact zone" line. Repeated stupid junk that barely is a toe in the water in the steaming pile of what could have been that is TNA.

For my money the worst is Slammiversary 2009. He has been feuding with Angle since he arrived in the company and has been chasing the title for the entire year but somehow he just decided to take the money. He should have been gunning for Angle as he did in 2008, you know when Lockdown 2008 was and still is I believe their highest selling PPV.

For WWE it has to be Nigel. Who knows why it didn't happen but he had it.

• Like 2

Nigel had 6 concussions like it was a cool thing to get. Why is he a missed opportunity for the WWE when his head probably would've fallen off after a month?

And Nattie still sucks. Get over it.

Samoa Joe may have held all of TNA's titles but it is things like losing to Angle in their first match, losing to Angle via chair shot at Hard Justice 2007 killing his momentum, losing to old man Sting at Bound for Glory 2008 without even getting a rematch, promising to take out the MEM at Slammiversary 2009 but then joining them, getting kidnapped by ninjas, getting choked out by Jeff Jarrett and getting in trouble for the "phantom of the impact zone" line. Repeated stupid junk that barely is a toe in the water in the steaming pile of what could have been that is TNA.

Okay, that sounds amazing and not at all like a missed opportunity. Can someone explain the context of this? Samoa Joe has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Samoa Joe?

• Like 3

Okay, that sounds amazing and not at all like a missed opportunity. Can someone explain the context of this? Samoa Joe has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Samoa Joe?

The angle could have been saved had they sent the Bad Dudes to rescue him.

• Like 1

After spending a long, long, long time looking like a couch with a drawing of a penis on his face, (okay maybe not too long but it was embarrassing) Bischoff had him kidnap to undo the shitty TNA booking. When he came back, he was the Joe of old.. But I stopped watching shortly after. So idk

I might say Awesome Kong/Karma's WWE run was one of my biggest disappointments from the last few years.  Not to say it was either party's fault but that train never got a chance to leave the station.  To think she could have been taking heads off Barbie's this entire time.

Hero is overrated but could have done more but wasn't a real good fit with WWE.  Samoa Joe has been on cruise control forever.  I would have like to see Bad Influence get a rocket strapped to them in TNA and maybe actually give A Double something to do for the past two years.

If Nigel had not gotten all those concussions he would have made it.

The ninjas thing was stupid, it wasted Joe's time and went nowhere. It accomplished nothing. It was supposed to lead to the awful nWo retread they did at BFG 2010 but Abyss assumed that role while Joe did nothing.

The angle could have been saved had they sent the Bad Dudes to rescue him.

Or the Dynamic Dudes.

Going through WWE threads I'm consistently shocked at how many of you have strong feelings on the divas.

I have to wonder if the "Nattie sucks" people still cling to that opinion after Takeover.

Yes. Nattie sucks.

I'm going against the grain but I really wish there was some sort of HR or welfare person assigned to deal with Kaval/Low Ki when he was in WWE. Just someone to help translate his ideas/opinions into corporate speak for Vince.

He could talk, was intimidating as hell despite his size, had a great look and was perfect playing the straight man against all the over the top characters WWE has.

If he could've checked his ego for 5 minutes then I think he could've been something amazing at the top level.

Does Joe really count as a missed opportunity? He's held most of their titles. The entire promotion is just one big missed opportunity.

I assumed the missed opportunity those people were talking about was that Joe never went to WWE.

Joe thought he was too good to be Umaga, imagine if he'd come in and fucking dogged that gimmick by trying to be too cool for it? That would have been far worse than any good Joe could do. And alternate reality phantom lord whining that WWE wasted him by not letting him be a short fat tough guy that should have ended that streak and beaten Cena clean six months in a row.

• Like 3