DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

HOW IS BROCK LESNAR $3?

2002: 

Big Show defeated Brock Lesnar © (with Paul Heyman)[44]

2003:

Team Angle (Kurt AngleChris BenoitJohn CenaHardcore Holly, and Bradshaw) defeated Team Lesnar (Brock LesnarBig ShowMatt MorganNathan Jones and A-Train)

His terrible Survivor Series record!

Just really hit me... it really has been 10 1/2 years of Face John Cena.  

From the Observer, as cut-and-pasted in another forum:

"The problem is that Bryan’s rehabilitation of his right arm is going slower than anticipated. One person said that not only is he not makings gains, but he’s actually losing strength in the arm while doing rehab, which is concerning. Bryan was in Indianapolis for Raw and backstage, his situation was the most talked about thing among those in power. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who did his neck surgery, to see what was wrong. Bryan will return on the 6/9 Raw for another confrontation with Stephanie.

Because of that, there was no certainty and they created the Money in the Bank backup plan because they didn’t want to do a PPV without the world title at stake. The idea is Payback had it at stake in the angle.

Nothing is definite. There is a feeling, knowing Bryan’s wanting to be in the thick of things and mental toughness, that even if it’s not the right thing for him, that he’ll wrestle on 6/29. There is tremendous real life pressure being put on him right now to be ready, whether direct or just implied.

As of right now, if Bryan doesn’t work, they will do a ladder match for the title. They are considering a second ladder match where the winner would have the briefcase, but right now they are going with the idea Bryan vs. Kane will headline."

This is horrifying on multiple levels.

• Like 1

That D-Bryan shit is crazy.  Fucking tske the belt off of him, get him to a better surgeon, and figure this shit out.

Survivor Series Team:

Hogan, Warrior.....that is all you need.  The won the Ultimate Survivors match with Tito fucking Santana.  They can beat any other 5 man team.  In all fairness though I would throw Bret, Nash, and RVD on the team for the hell of it.   

Because no one that was there has the internet?

Date Friday, 2014/05/30

Venue SAW Mill in Millersville, Tennessee (United States of America)

1 Jax Dane defeated Lance Erikson

2 Cage Match

Hammerjack defeated Gator McAllister

3 Double Dog Collar Match - NWA Southern Tag Team Titles (Post-1993-Version) Match

Primetime Outlaws (Lee Condry and Brian Lee) defeated Team IOU (Nick Iggy and Kerry Awful) © - TITLE CHANGE!!!

4 NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

Satoshi Kojima © defeated Jeremiah Plunkett

5 Kevin Weatherby defeated LBK

6 NWA Southern Heavyweight Title (Post-1993-Version) Match

Arrick Andrews © defeated Kahagas

7 Satoshi Kojima defeated Damien Wayne

Edit: They actually have a weekly show on YouTube, so maybe it was taped for there.

Brian Lee still wrestles?! IN DOG COLLAR MATCHES?!?!?!?!

.... watching the latest episode of their youtube show and it's got Tracy Smothers talking about how amazing the NWA is. Clearly this will be weekly viewing now.

John Cena needs to give some of that magic healing power to Bryan ASAP. This could have a very sad ending if they're not smart.

On a lighter note, how can you pass up a Survivor Series team of Taker, Savage, Brock, Foley, and Vader? I think the only way any other team would beat them is 5 DQs, but they would all be left laying.

• Like 1

John Cena needs to give some of that magic healing power to Bryan ASAP. This could have a very sad ending if they're not smart.

On a lighter note, how can you pass up a Survivor Series team of Taker, Savage, Brock, Foley, and Vader? I think the only way any other team would beat them is 5 DQs, but they would all be left laying.

Is there a transitive power that could be passed thru the Bellas

My Survivor Series team is Kane-Jake-Vader-Perfect-DiBiase.  I'll pocket the remaining $10.

Basically, I learned my business strategy from Paul E.

They need to just take the title off Bryan and sideline him for as long as he needs to get right.  The angle really isn't even interesting TV and rushing him back seems like the dumbest thing they could do.

From the Observer, as cut-and-pasted in another forum:

"The problem is that Bryan’s rehabilitation of his right arm is going slower than anticipated. One person said that not only is he not makings gains, but he’s actually losing strength in the arm while doing rehab, which is concerning. Bryan was in Indianapolis for Raw and backstage, his situation was the most talked about thing among those in power. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who did his neck surgery, to see what was wrong. Bryan will return on the 6/9 Raw for another confrontation with Stephanie.

Because of that, there was no certainty and they created the Money in the Bank backup plan because they didn’t want to do a PPV without the world title at stake. The idea is Payback had it at stake in the angle.

Nothing is definite. There is a feeling, knowing Bryan’s wanting to be in the thick of things and mental toughness, that even if it’s not the right thing for him, that he’ll wrestle on 6/29. There is tremendous real life pressure being put on him right now to be ready, whether direct or just implied.

As of right now, if Bryan doesn’t work, they will do a ladder match for the title. They are considering a second ladder match where the winner would have the briefcase, but right now they are going with the idea Bryan vs. Kane will headline."

Can Bryan pull it together for long enough to work a heavily-protected match at MITB where he beats Kane then has the briefcase cashed in on him immediately?  If so, who do you put in that role?

If Bryan could be healthy, the idea of Cena winning the briefcase and Wyatt crowing that Cena will show his true face and ambush Bryan at some point could be an excellent angle.

Wait, I can get Goldberg and Warrior for 3 BUCKS each?

So Sting, Cena, Warrior, Godberg, & Jake Roberts. It's pretty clear that the first four would work together pretty perfectly. Jake Roberts is only there to turn on them so that it sparks their super-face powers to OVER COME THE ODDS, thus making them unstoppable. 

After further consideration I feel that my $15 team of 5 Brick Lesnars might be a little unfair. I'd like to amend it to 2 Brick Lesnars and 9 Vaders. Wouldn't want to be accused of stacking the deck in my favor.

As apparently the only Tamina fan around here - this sucks

Tamina SnukaVerified account
‏@TaminaSnuka

Day after surgery and already getting the itch to #Superkick this knee back into shape with #FamilyPower pic.twitter.com/Xs9BhgKmQH

BpZcNPQCUAAqdIN.jpg

So with Seth Rollins joining evolution. How long until Mason Ryan is resigned as the newest member of the Shield?

Fuck that, you've got Solomon Crowe (Sami Callihan) in NXT seemingly doing nothing after debuting with a very cool hacker-type character.

My $15 SS team using the current roster:

Brock, Cesaro, Luke Harper, Dolph, Sami Zayn

• Like 2

Yeah, you cant argue with Brock, Cesaro, Harper, Dolph, Sami Zayn.

Sure Ziggler and Zayn will eat the falls for your team but by god, the destruction that Brock, Harper and Cesaro would bring. Mindblowing.

Don't sell Dolph short. If he's got Summer Rae at ringside, Dolph might steal a pin w/ her causing a distraction. Heyman's brain plus Summer's beauty puts this team over the top.