DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-26-14

MGFanJay

Hour 1 peaked with a terrible Torito-Drew match that at least had an amazing (and scary) bull bump off a wacky lifting spinny thing from Drew. Hour 2 had a dreadful Cena-Bray deal with King. JBL was great manning up and taking a nice beating on the floor. Evolution-Rhodes Bros was fun. ALICIA BEING INSANE was amazing. Normally, her losing before the PPV would be stupid, but this works. The Shield-Evolution brawl/signing ruled. It was the only "PPV buys" section on the show.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/raw-5-26-14.html

Screens -

9be15e329171589.jpg

9d9719329149059.jpg

03dc2f329155247.jpg

ff8508329149087.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/q561qismvgpc0ewm081jco03odh2od3f

I missed part of this show. What's the stipulation for the Shield match on Sunday? They don't appear on Raw again if they lose?

Yeah I am trying to figure out all of this "last time on RAW ever" stuff.  Unless it is a loser of the pin leaves town match then why are you saying this

Pretty awful go home show. 

Does anyone have a screencap from during the Raw rewind thing with Paige and Alicia?  Because there were there two guys in a little video inset thing masturbating and I want to know why?  I mean, I know why they were doing the masturbating...we all know....but I don't know why that was suddenly okay to put that on t.v.

I know we've been discussing how clear WWE has to be with its instructional materials for its fans, but that seems a bit extreme. 

I ALREADY KNOW WHAT TO DO DURING A PAIGE AND ALICIA MATCH!!!!!

Watching them drag out the Bryan world title reign I am trying to figure out if it was this bad when Austin won the IC title after breaking his neck and couldn't work.  Just ponderous

Given how insane the Wee LC match on the last PPV, I can't imagine what is going to happen in a Hair vs Mask match.   Hopefully the brass adopted the same dont give a crap mode and just let them go nuts.   And bring back Micro Cole and JBelf  :D

All the momentum they had going for them coming out of Mania and the post-Mania Raw is beyond gone.

Certainly can't fault the crowds for being as dead as they've become lately, not even caring enough to go full "smark."

Nah, best moment was still Alicia Fox. I thought mixing cola with Sunkist would be a bad idea but she made it work. ATOMIC WEDGIES. 

This three hours was pretty much Alicia Fox Pre-show, the Alicia Fox show, and the Alicia Fox post show.

I mean, an this is just by memory having seen that once.

She slapped a fat guy's hand because he was resting it on the guard pad thingy.

She's the only heel who does the fake walkout thing right and uses it as a trick.  

She used the ring bell as an audio weapon causing her enemies to collapse covering their ears.

She waved a hammer at the first row of fans.

She touched another fat guy on the tip of his nose.

She Mark Henry-ed all the tech guys and then picked the slimmest and palest to make out with, and then beat up some more.

She slapped herself in the face.

She said the phrase "Just K." instead of just kidding or even JK. 

She said "You're the one who bought a ticket so shut up." to another guy.

Jesus, how exhausting is that?  Batista wouldn't be able to any three of those things in a row without sitting down on the ropes for a minute.

• Like 5

LIE OF THE NIGHT:

Michael Cole: "...and Rob Van Damme using his quickness there..."

Of course, you didn't get the whole thing unless you had access to the unfiltered, unedited, Deadspin feed where that was followed by:

Michael Cole [into his headphones] "Vince, Hey Vince...do I have to say Van Damme is quick every time?  I mean it's complete horse shit....Yes, sir.  Yes...I see, sir.  Yes, Of course....so you want it that way every time?  I was just checking....Yes, sir. 34 inches, sir.  I know I could work on that, sir.  Now?  Out loud?  Okay, sir here goes.  I'm a fat little chubblebum who needs to keep his mouth shut until mamma says I can have one baby carrot dipped in peanut butter.  How was that, sir?  Yes, sir.  Thank you, sir."

• Like 2

Apparently in order to be a part of the Bolieve moment you have to take a lap in a pool before doing things.  Good grief I was expecting him to leave a water trail in the match he was so wet

And yes I believe Triple H looked at Dallas and thinks "man I thought CM Punk was skinny fat" 

Holy crap does Tennessee not like Adam Rose or what?  These are the people who made Opryland. There was an entire section of Opryland that was themed around the act of "playing spoons."  Their standards for amusement are not high is what I'm saying.  But Adam Rose did not meet that standard.

I was trying to explain the gimmick to my wife and she said "But, if he's supposed to be fun, why does everybody look so unhappy?"

"Well, yeah, they are hoping that people will react the way they want."

"Are they supposed to hate him?"
"Well, they're not supposed to but...'
"It's kind of inevitable?"
"yeah."