DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 5/23/14

victor

Dammit! You're right! Buddy Rose is also the most talented 217 pounder in history.

If my memory serves me correctly, he was 217 1/4 pounds. With that being said, I could make some wisecrack joke about eating a Mickey D's quarter pounder, but I am failing to come up with some punchline.

That Usos/Wyatts match was really, really good. I'm pretty fine with those guys wailing and stomping on each other for 15 minutes or so. Their eventually full match is going to be really, really good. Also, the Usos promos with Cena have been a lot of fun. Great faces.

There seems something relatively iffy (even compared to all else we post) about posting Smackdown before it airs. But you are STAFF dammit, so I figure that it's on you for asking. Catch it while you can.

EDIT: I did my part. The rest of you can search youtube for it (protip: it's the one that's 1:45:51). 

I tried looking for this but the way people post shit on Youtube where it's just some horrible graphics for 2 hours and a link to their blog made it impossible. Is this still available? I'm not asking for a link, but I just need to know if it's possible to find it or if they've all been taken down by now.

The point they mention on Deadspin right at the end is the best:

"Hey Vince, You want me to say that every time cause I've said it a shitload of times already...."

LONG PAUSE

"Yes. Sir.  Of course. Sir.  i just wasn't sure...OK Sir...I just didn't know if you wanted me to hit it every time.  Yes sir.  I will do it that way from now on sir!!!!"

Vince really is as cranky as we always thought he was.

You'd be pretty cranky too if you had an employee on the job for almost two decades that still needed to be led by the nose every time out.

There seems something relatively iffy (even compared to all else we post) about posting Smackdown before it airs. But you are STAFF dammit, so I figure that it's on you for asking. Catch it while you can.

EDIT: I did my part. The rest of you can search youtube for it (protip: it's the one that's 1:45:51). 

I tried looking for this but the way people post shit on Youtube where it's just some horrible graphics for 2 hours and a link to their blog made it impossible. Is this still available? I'm not asking for a link, but I just need to know if it's possible to find it or if they've all been taken down by now.

I think there's a link from the deadspin article though. 

"Hey Vince, You want me to say that every time cause I've said it a shitload of times already...."

LONG PAUSE

"Yes. Sir.  Of course. Sir.  i just wasn't sure...OK Sir...I just didn't know if you wanted me to hit it every time.  Yes sir.  I will do it that way from now on sir!!!!"

You'd be pretty cranky too if you had an employee on the job for almost two decades that still needed to be led by the nose every time out.

Don't know if joking or not. :unsure:

LONG PAUSE

Don't know if joking or not. :unsure:

How long has Cole been on the job? How many times has Vince screamed in his ear about cover plot points, getting certain things over, etc.? I know the announcing can get a tad repetitive but I also know that Vince has forgotten more about running a wrestling company in one hour than I'll ever know in my life, combined.

The thing is Vince yells in everyones ear, he did it to JR. Foley decided he had no desire to commentate after experiencing it and while I'm sure he hits good points making a guy rerecord a line because he's not fond of the term 'making out'... I mean you're never going to learn what is going to set Vince off on any given day if you work for him for a lifetime.