DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 5/23/14

victor

Nothing on Bryan, no Barrett, no Shield.

* Dark match: NXT Champion Adrian Neville defeated Sami Zayn. 

SmackDown opens with Hulk Hogan coming out to a huge pop. Hogan talks about the WWE Network coming to the UK. 

* Announced for tonight is The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper plus Dolph Ziggler vs. Batista in a No DQ match. 

* Batista defeated Dolph Ziggler in a lengthy No DQ match. 

* Cameron and Naomi defeated Eva Marie and Nikki Bella when special referee Summer Rae cost Eva the match. 

* Bo Dallas makes his re-debut on SmackDown and comes out for a "cheesy heel promo" in the ring. He goes on to defeat Sin Cara in under 4 minutes. Bo is now using Stratusfaction as his finisher. 

* Bray Wyatt comes with The Wyatt Family. Bray cuts another great promo on John Cena and Payback. 

* Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio is next. Cesaro is on commentary. Sheamus gets the win in what was described as a good back and forth match. 

* Vickie Guerrero comes out to the ring to big heat. She's interrupted by Adam Rose and the Rosebuds. They dance their way to the ring but only Rose enters. Rose tells Vickie not to be a lemon, but to be a Rosebud. This segment was described as fun and our correspondent said Vickie played along. 

* John Cena is out with The Usos for their main event. Bray Wyatt is out with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. The Usos get the win in a 10 minute match. Our correspondent noted that the match had a bad ending. The Wyatt Family ended up taking The Usos out and beating Cena down to end SmackDown.

Show was pretty fun, outside of Cesaro coming out 3 times and not having a single match. I guess they think it gets him heat but it just deflated the crowd when they announced Cesaro and Henry were going to have an arm wrestling match instead.

Usos/Wyatts was match of the night with both teams working pretty stiff. Didn't mind the DQ finish because it probably sets up a PPV title match.

Zayn/Neville was basically the same as their NXT match from last year, but it was great to see them live and getting good reactions.

A lot people were actually cheering for Bo but he got booed more after he won.

I thought Vickie was gone.

I think she's no longer a regular performer, but is still coming in for occasional spots.

The fact that they flew her and Hogan across the Atlantic is mind boggling to me.

The Bo Dallas debut is spectacular. He's added the Tebow Knee to his pre-match ritual. Post-match, he took a ridiculous victory lap and then went back in to thank Sin Cara. "Keep trying, and maybe one day, you can be like me!" JBL also did great work in his match. This character's got some legs to it. His commitment to believing himself as a true leader of men is tremendous.

The satellite version was fascinating to watch.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/1zvyuiwo4qjmeqe55czhjfm4fxi7sqnu

For sure. All the tiny things Vince objected to and Cole had to re-record were my highlight 'He doesn't like the term making out? should I say they kissed'

Plus it seems like Vince was using 'JR' as an insult as JBL said something one break along the lines of 'He was calling you JR not me' in regards to some perceived fuckup.

Dammit! You're right! Buddy Rose is also the most talented 217 pounder in history.

If Bo Dallas starts offering up weight loss powder to his opponents and throwing it in people's eyes than this will be the best gimmick ever.

JBL's entrance on the unedited feed that's on youtube right now is AWESOME. With Cole joking "I can't wait til he takes a bump on that entrance."

Screw it. I made a crappy gif.

WWE_Smackdown_052314_Full_Show_c8d161864

Give me a link.  

otYwNKE.gif

Right now.

There seems something relatively iffy (even compared to all else we post) about posting Smackdown before it airs. But you are STAFF dammit, so I figure that it's on you for asking. Catch it while you can.

EDIT: I did my part. The rest of you can search youtube for it (protip: it's the one that's 1:45:51). 

• Like 1

I can just imagine Vince talking to Cole over the headset.  "I must have misheard you...because it sounded like you were questioning my judgement.  That...just doesn't seem like a wise thing to do...as it relates to your job security..."

There seems something relatively iffy (even compared to all else we post) about posting Smackdown before it airs. But you are STAFF dammit, so I figure that it's on you for asking. Catch it while you can.

EDIT: I did my part. The rest of you can search youtube for it (protip: it's the one that's 1:45:51). 

So it's a quiet day in sports, because Deadspin watched and reported on it.

The point they mention on Deadspin right at the end is the best:

"Hey Vince, You want me to say that every time cause I've said it a shitload of times already...."

LONG PAUSE

"Yes. Sir.  Of course. Sir.  i just wasn't sure...OK Sir...I just didn't know if you wanted me to hit it every time.  Yes sir.  I will do it that way from now on sir!!!!"

Vince really is as cranky as we always thought he was.