DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 5/19/14

victor

I liked something as small as interrupting the opening WWE video with Bray's video.  The visual of the crowd holding up their phones and singing along is still really awesome to me.  I hate it when they chant for shit that doesn't apply at that moment (Adam Rose song in the main event?  CM Punk chants?  Really?)  But them singing with Bray makes for an awesome time.  Loved his promo too.  Heyman should have held off on the Brock line if the point is to not get cheered.  He's too entertaining to get booed in crowds like this no matter what he tries.  Loved Cesaro faking the handshake at the end.  I wish WWE would just fire RVD on the spot.  He was amazing in the past, but he hasn't done a thing for some thing now.  That match was fucking horrid.  I love Alicia being pissed off and crazy, want much more of that.  Was disappointed Paige didn't get more love, too bad she lost.  While Adam Rose was a hit on the show guaranteed he's not going to get anything close to that next week.  Or anytime after that really.  He at least has some attractive party-goers, even though they wore American gear in England for some reason.  And kudos to them letting Wade shine in his hometown, cool stuff.  It was an interesting show to say the least.

Just catching up with the show now.

1) If you think Bray Wyatt's boring, I don't know what to tell you. We'll forever disagree on what is awesome. His opening promo was again killer. He had all of England eating out of his hand. He has it. The singing bit isn't just some superfluous crowd-response DO YOU SMELL GIVE ME A HELL YEAH NOW I DO THE WORM Pavlov's Dog thing. It's him reminding everyone he's a God, and a wrathful one at that.

2) The Cena/Usos bit was a lot of fun, too. I wish they'd give the Usos a little more mic time or segment time, because those guys are really good babyfaces.

3) Harper/Cena killed it. I loved the first to Wyatt/Cena matches because they were so friggin' different and attempts at new forms of wrestling storytelling. But I hope they just have a wild brawl with a ton of these run-ins like what we saw in this match.

4) I loved the callback to what was originally the first Evil Corporate Power Play match, when Foley took on Austin with McMahon as guest ref and the stooges as guest ring announcer and timekeeper respectively. What I love about this feud is that The Shield look so friggin' cool and Evolution looks like the lamest group of dudes ever. Rollins taking a flip bump off an average elbow just shows the difference between The Shield and everyone else. Big ups to HHH for absolutely inspired work on the floor.

5) Dean Ambrose stole the entire show. He's the Best Possible Michael P.S. Hayes. His crap-talk to start the match and his commentary on the mic were absolutely great. His table sprint to throw fists is one of the best signature spots going. The Shield just find ways for all three dudes to constantly shine separately but within the confines of their group dynamic. It's just a total pleasure to watch these guys every week. Keeping them as a unit and turning them face was one of the best developments of my life this past calendar year.

• Like 4

The crowd can die in a fire, though.

The crowd was awesome than any shitty american crowd that would be dead for 80 percent of a show like this.

Humming Adam Rose's theme during the main event while Fandangoing before starting a CM PUNK chant sure does enhance the experience.

Every crowd chants for CM Punk at some point of the show, I hardly heard it. The Fandango was made famous by the Brit majority crowd post-WM29 and deserves it's place on the show. And the one time this Adam Rose gimmick has worked is coincidentally in front of the crowd you short change to fit your lame opinion.

2) The Cena/Usos bit was a lot of fun, too. I wish they'd give the Usos a little more mic time or segment time, because those guys are really good babyfaces.

A lot of people were actually doing U-SO chants before the show even started. They should definitely get more promo time and Usos vs. Harper/Rowan should be the big tag feud of the year.

The crowd was awesome than any shitty american crowd that would be dead for 80 percent of a show like this.

Humming Adam Rose's theme during the main event while Fandangoing before starting a CM PUNK chant sure does enhance the experience.

Every crowd chants for CM Punk at some point of the show, I hardly heard it. The Fandango was made famous by the Brit majority crowd post-WM29 and deserves it's place on the show. And the one time this Adam Rose gimmick has worked is coincidentally in front of the crowd you short change to fit your lame opinion.

"The Fandango was made famous by the Brit crowd so they deserve to do it" doesn't make it any less annoying to me. But you know...opinions, man.

I feel like the logical move would have been PAIGE winning a match, maybe even a title defense, and THEN Alicia Fox kicks the shit out of her after the match, puts on a crown and dumps coke on herself. 

But at least we got to point B and it was weird and awesome.

"The Fandango was made famous by the Brit crowd so they deserve to do it" doesn't make it any less annoying to me. But you know...opinions, man.

c8dbfd7cf7777b5385a9dbd665d987d4.gif

I remember when a crowd was just there to be entertained, not get themselves over.

#oldman

This is you (and to be fair, everyone else bitching about an engaged and active crowd) being wrong.

It's not about getting THEMSELVES over, (barring the very rare "we are awesome" chant.) It's about latching onto stuff THEY LIKE and putting that over, because history shows that it's the only way to make sure WWE gets that message, (and even then the batting average ain't a thousand.)

• Like 1

JBL's drunk rambling about Beat the Clock being luck of the draw was actually a good point: It would be kind of cool if they brought the guys competing out before the matches and did their draws in the ring and built some in ring story around them. 

We're underselling the Bunny's reactions to Adam Rose/Swagger. As well as Renee subtly doing the chest pound thing after the Cena/Usos left.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a crowd having fun and doing chants they like and singing and dancing during matches. The WHAT! chants are dumb but they fill in the white space when people talk and have that pause. Like someone said earlier -- an easy way around that is to have guys get some more acting chops and not take that pause break to move on to the next narrative bullet point. It's really not that hard to get past that with some acting training.

If they wanted to show support for Stone Cold, they could chant ALPHABRAIN, not WHAT!

That's just putting themselves over. 

Cougar Life! Cougar Life! Cougar Life!

Dollar Shave! clap clap clapclapclap! Dollar Shave! clap clap clapclapclap! Dollar Shave!