DVDVR Message Board

WELCOME TO THE DEATH VALLEY DRIVER VIDEO REVIEW #171

171 is out!

Given Rippa's love of GTA 5, I am totally shocked that the cover for 171 is not a Snapmatic selfie of Michael De Santa in a lucha mask.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Storm is pretty much the worst tag team partner in the world.

Mighty gets beat on for an eternity in which Storm doesn't ONCE try to break up a pin or double team or anything, and then when she finally does get tagged in, she hits some half assed clotheslines and immediately tags poor Mei back in.  You could feel the entire crowd basically go "Really?  What a bitch." in their minds.

• Like 1

Without wanting to sound too gushy, I'm delighted that these are back. In the formative days of my becoming a smart fan, I spent ages browsing the web for wrestling reviews, and the DVDVRs were always my favourites. Whereas everyone else was trying to score cheap points by tearing down what they were watching, each DVDVR was clearly written by guys who fucking loved wrestling, and I'm sure it was this attitude that led to me seeking out as much wrestling as I could.

Anyway, gushing aside, I fucking love the Can-Ams/Funks match. I first saw it on a "Best of Tom Zenk" comp I bought, and I remember nominating it on an "unknown matches" thread on the old board. Terry is amazing here as a heel, and I dig Martel playing smart face, accepting Funk's handshake, but being aware enough that a double cross is bound to take place.