DVDVR Message Board

WCW/Crockett Memories

The perfect build and execution of Goldberg/DDP at Havoc '98. Of course, in true WCW fashion they ended up having to give refunds for the show and air the match on Nitro because there was a ton of unnecessary filler and the PPV ran long.

Oh, so much golden wonderfulness...

Barry Windham's heel turn (the best in history in my humble opinion.)

Flair vs. Steamboat, 2/3 falls on TBS.

Dusty Rhodes attacking Tully Blanchard with a baseball bat.

SQUASH MATCHES!!!

"Tell 'em Hawk!"

Bobby Eaton knocking the gels out of the  studio lights as he hits them coming off the top rope.

Abdullah the Butcher EATING part of the little wooden lectern that Gary Hart was being interviewed at by Tony and David

I could go on and on. Crockett-era World Championship Wrestling at 6:05 ET on WTBS was the best thing ever.

Anyone remember "Mike Jackson, Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Champion?" He was, along with George South, one of my favorite job guys of all time . Those two were the Flair and Steamboat of the southern "enhancement talent." They could both work and the stars were usually willing to give them a little more than your Tommy Angel's and Cougar Jay's.

If there was an e-wrestling/fantasy league made of nothing but 80's job guys, I'd be there. I would take Thunderfoot II and Mike Jackson to the TOP!

• Like 1

THE MULKEYS

"Rhodes has lost a tremendous amount of blood!"

50 seconds of a main event match(say a bunkhouse tag team match) before David Crockett yelling: "WE GOTTA GO! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!"

Tully Blanchard smacking the shit out of Baby Doll

The heat the Midnight Express got from the fans...and David Crockett after Cornette jabbed Baby Doll in the guy with the tennis racket.

"Tony Shi-vanay, I can't help that he got hit with a Cosmic Fireball!"

• Like 2

Hard Times.

Valiant returns and pays off two jobbers to get Jones' boys in the ring to face him and Buzz Tyler.

Jimmy Garvin rushing out to help Ronnie after Ronnie got fire balled by the MXE, and then THAT NIGHT in Philly live, Jimmy turned face teaming with Wahoo against the MXE...(I was there)

Anyone remember "Mike Jackson, Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Champion?" He was, along with George South one of my favorite job guy of all time . Those two were the Flair and Steamboat of the southern "enhancement talent." They could both work and the stars were usually willing to give them a little more than your Tommy Angel's and Cougar Jay's.

If there was an e-wrestling/fantasy league made of nothing but 80's job guys, I'd be there. I would take Thunderfoot II and Mike Jackson to the TOP!

I mentioned it already in the thread about wrestlers past their prime, but Mike Jackson in his old age is still an awesome worker!

I'm watching a lot of NWA/WCW on the WWE Network right now. LET THE WAR GAMES BEGIN!!!

I couldn't find it on YouTube but I really like DDP/Malone vs Hogan/Rodman. Hogan was NWO. DDP was WCW. Rodman the bad boy of basketball along with the Bulls just beat Malone and the Jazz in the NBA Finals. Malone works hiss ass off and the crowd was super into it. The wrong team went over. Malone should've pinned Rodman as vindication for the Finals. Such is life.