DVDVR Message Board

Build a moveset for Roman Reigns

So, we can all pretty much assume that Roman Reigns is getting strapped to a rocket and a big push is on the way. With that said, what should he add to his arsenal to be ready for longer, top-of-the-card singles matches.

His moves of note are: the spear, the charging/jumping clothesline, the Superman punch, and that killer looking drop kick from the floor to the apron.

What else should he add that would work for him as he heads up the card and a single.

One that I'd add right off the bat is a hanging vertical suplex. He' strong as an ox but still has that tall, lean build that always made Barry Windham/Lex Luger suplexes look bitchin'.

As long as there's nothing involving a full nelson or pumphandle setup, I'm content.

Wouldn't mind continuing to emphasize his leaping abilities with something. A full-on Windham lariat, maybe.

• Like 1

46Mzv.gif

I was going to post the same thing I always post for every wrestler:  Inverted Shoulder breaker.

But...add this thing whatever it is... This GIF into the Papa Shango.

I posted this in the animated gif post earlier this month!

iS00GPw80Mv8s.gif

• Like 1

So, we can all pretty much assume that Roman Reigns is getting strapped to a rocket and a big push is on the way. With that said, what should he add to his arsenal to be ready for longer, top-of-the-card singles matches.

His moves of note are: the spear, the charging/jumping clothesline, the Superman punch, and that killer looking drop kick from the floor to the apron.

What else should he add that would work for him as he heads up the card and a single.

One that I'd add right off the bat is a hanging vertical suplex. He' strong as an ox but still has that tall, lean build that always made Barry Windham/Lex Luger suplexes look bitchin'.

That move has been botched so much that it is no longer a dropkick. It is a one footed kick to the face. LOL

He probably did a dropkick the first two times he attempted it on tv

One thing folks may have to keep in mind is that Roman isn't actually THAT big or strong. He'd never have gotten Henry up on his shoulders if Mark hadn't gone up most of the way on the ropes.

He's not freakishly huge, but he's a member of John Cena's workout gang or whatever with Cesaro, Big E and all those other guys. You have to be pretty strong to be there...

I think he ought to crush Batista and steal his soul (and the Batista Bomb).  Anything to get him to stop doing the spear before he breaks his neck (like everyone else who used it as a finisher). 

• Like 1

One thing folks may have to keep in mind is that Roman isn't actually THAT big or strong. He'd never have gotten Henry up on his shoulders if Mark hadn't gone up most of the way on the ropes.

Yeah, he doesn't really do a lot of power spots for having a power gimmick. Most of the time his Samoan drop even looks like crap. He should be more of a striker. I say add some knees, a big boot, and a Koslov-like headbutt than can stop an opponent on a dime. Also, a Samoa Joe style STO out of the corner which looks like it takes a lot of power even though you can brace yourself on the turnbuckles. A lariat to the back of the head would be a good add too.

• Like 1

46Mzv.gif

I was going to post the same thing I always post for every wrestler:  Inverted Shoulder breaker.

But...add this thing whatever it is... This GIF into the Papa Shango.

I thought of the Canadian Backbreaker Rack as soon as I saw this topic. Just watched Mark Henry use it as a finish at In Your House: Mind Games. I don't think Henry uses it anymore, although he should, so have Reigns use it because it's an impressive looking move that someone should be using.