DVDVR Message Board

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are being rebooted

The Nature Boy

I'm surprised it took this long.  The Pink Ranger and the Yellow Ranger were just waiting to join Bella Swan, Tris, and Katness Everdeen in the Tween Girl Goddess pantheon.

My sister had a strange ability to have crushes on gay celebrities as a child. Her crushes as a girl were Lance Bass, Ricky Martin...and David Yost the Blue Ranger.

So I hope he is somehow involved in this so I can torment her.

I hope they film this shit next to my house like they used to with MMPR.  I basically walk my dog in Angel Grove Park.

The neighborhood kids were like the smart marks of Power Rangers, knowing Tommy was the white ranger before anyone even knew there was going to be a white ranger

Bay's ridiculous over the topness would actually be a plus instead of a negative here.

I co-sign Megan Fox as Rita.  She would be so bad it would be great.

Oh, it's extremely well known for it's terrible, terrible acting.

And for pre-teen crushes on Amy Jo Johnson and everybody loving the Green Ranger.

Man...Why did everyone love the Green/White Ranger? Count me in on that as well. Was it just because he could single handedly fuck up all the other Rangers?

And the other weird thing was that they clearly had something special with the Green Ranger, and later the White Ranger, and then he would be written out of the show.

I blame the idiodicy of American lack of acceptance for the excellently campy Masters Of The Universe movie for there not being a She-Ra spin off.

Oh, it's extremely well known for it's terrible, terrible acting.

And for pre-teen crushes on Amy Jo Johnson and everybody loving the Green Ranger.

Man...Why did everyone love the Green/White Ranger? Count me in on that as well. Was it just because he could single handedly fuck up all the other Rangers?

Jason David Frank was the tween chick magnet without peer.  Straight up solid gold Tiger Beat. 

He brought in the teen viewers of both genders: girls wanted to ogle him because he was a handsome kid and boys loved to watch him fight because he was an amazing martial artist that could actually brawl.

Most of the other lead guys had personalities like came across like cardboard.  Frank had charisma.  Girls love bad boys.  Smartest piece of casting ever done in the history of the show.

You wouldn't see that again until Phillip Andrew showed up as the Lunar Blue Wolf Ranger.

Frank actually brought in viewers to one of the later series (Dino Thunder) because he came back as the same character, just older and started as the mentor, then became a Ranger again.  Decent series.