DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules VI

Dolfan in NYC

Re-watched Shield vs. Evolution and it's very good, but not quite up to the best showings from everyone in the match this year (except Batista, obviously). There's a ton of good spots like the first hot tag to Ambrose where he jacks Batista with a forearm on the apron and Reigns does a little house-cleaning and out does John Cena crashing into the steps. HHH is a total ace and he really carries the heat segments for Evolution, although Orton has a nice dropkick spot when they're working over Ambrose. Reigns' hot tag was great. Rollins' missed dive was nasty, but don't overlook Ambrose and Orton having a wildly sloppy (in a good way) brawl in the background. The crowd brawl was well done and Batista had a great sell of the superman punch.

The drawbacks were the first 5 minutes where The Shield uncharacteristically made no tags when Rollins was on offense and, of course, Batista and Reigns laying around for another 5 minutes at the end. The first part really took me out of it watching it live, as it made no sense for The Shield to not be making their usual fast tags and using their swarming offense early. So the match could've probably been laid out better in those spots, but the good definitely out-weighs the bad, and this match is sitting just outside my top 10 for the year.

• Like 1

One of my favorite parts about Shield/Evolution was the crowd brawl segment. Dean/Bray went into the crowd during the EC match, and it ended with Dean disappearing into the ether as the plot point for The Shield's near-disintegration. But this time, we saw the crowd brawl unfold and it ended with Seth Rollins making a New Jack dive, saving his partner who earlier saved him by doing that awesome sprint over two tables to throw some fists.

I do really think that match was a HHH showcase on the heel side of things. HHH really wants to bring it against these young bucks and has.

• Like 1

Finished the show. Really enjoyable. Finishing stretch of Shield/Evolution was great. Bryan/Kane was nothing I really ever want to see again, but, hey, everyone wants Bryan to be booked like Stone Cold and that was certainly an Attitude Era-main event. 

• Like 1

It's frustrating how much better the promos (or press conference in this case) Bryan cuts on WWENETWORK post shows tend to be than the ones on Raw or SD.

From content to charisma, it's almost like a different guy most of the time.

If I understand correctly the post show stuff is not scripted, or if it is they're given much more leeway with the material. So yeah it is a different guy, it's Bryan Danielson as opposed to the same writers who write the promos for everyone on the roster.

---

I don't understand the logic of the cage match at all. The psychology of a cage match is so a babyface can get his hands on the heel without a] the heel getting away and/or b] the heels cronies interfering. Cena beat Bray at WM in a match with very little interference. So the rematch is in a cage... and then the cage match has nothing but interference and to cap it off after Bray hits his finisher on a distracted by demon child Cena he walks out of the cage rather than pining him... and this feud is going to continue. Between Wyatt/Cena III and Bryan/Kane II Payback is already looking like a crap show.

Edited by Hokuto in Winter