DVDVR Message Board

Alrighty then, let's get the video game thread started again!

Right now I'm off-and-on with Skyrim. . .yes, I'm behind. About 80 hours in, still don't feel like I'm anywhere hear the end game. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Also picked up Guild Wars 2 last week, because it looked kind of interesting.

I'm currently playing through Batman: Arkham City (Game of the Year Edition) for the first time. I think I'm about halfway through the main story. I'm really enjoying it. Most fun I've had from the game is with the four playable characters in challenge mode.

I have been playing some Prison Architect, some Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, & yesterday I got my mittens on Burnout Paradise on Steam's pre-Summer Sale sale. Which is the first Burnout I've owned & has been fun so far. Away from the PC, I've also been playing through Saints Row The Third again, which is still great & funny.

Lego Batman: DC Heroes on iOS. Man is this some fun. I thought it might just be kiddy bollocks, but I've been stuck a couple of times and actually had to think. THINK! I may be under estimating the youth of today but there's no way my 8 year old nephew would figure some of these puzzles out. 

Its fun to play through the first time, and then you go back and with different character's special abilities you can access new bits of the level to unlock more characters. Also, I always thought Green Lantern was kind of a Streisand but he's really been taking some names. 

Lord of the Rings: Online, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, Diablo III when I'm here on the computer.

Recently put in Summoner 2, an ancient game for PS2. I like it so far because of the female protaganist, but ye gods this game is not afraid to kick your ass and kill you early and often.

Lego Batman: DC Heroes on iOS. Man is this some fun. I thought it might just be kiddy bollocks, but I've been stuck a couple of times and actually had to think. THINK! I may be under estimating the youth of today but there's no way my 8 year old nephew would figure some of these puzzles out. 

Its fun to play through the first time, and then you go back and with different character's special abilities you can access new bits of the level to unlock more characters. Also, I always thought Green Lantern was kind of a Streisand but he's really been taking some names. 

Nice. Think I'm getting that on the Vita to give me something other than Pinball Arcade to burn through...

I'm on my second playthrough of The Last of US.

I would like to know if Tabe's opinion changed after advancing further into the game.

I thought all the praise the game was receiving was mostly warranted. I think this will definitely still be my GOTY by the end of the year.

I'm still not sure how to feel about the ending, but I think almost everyone feels this way after finishing the game.

My 40GB fat PS3 died.  It wasn't a full on YLOD, but it wouldn't power on and the power light blinks red.  I knew it was on its last legs for a while because the fan was always on, but I was hoping to keep it going for a few more months until PS4 comes out so that I could either get a PS4 or a cheap PS3.  And apparently no one, not even pawn shops, will take this model, even for parts or to refurbish.  Oh well. 

I did get a pretty good deal on a 250GB slim, so it will be nice to not have to clean the fridge everytime I want to install a new game or download something from PSN.  The only thing I really am kind of sad about is that I was 50+ hours into Dark Souls and I wasn't able to rescue that save.  I really like the game a lot, but I don't have anywhere near the time at this point to invest in it again.

So until my new PS3 arrives in the mail, I have been playing random stuff on my Wii through the Virtual Console, mostly Neo-Geo games I downloaded but never spent too much time with like Nam 1975. 

I've also been playing some more stuff on my Android phone.  I got through Vice City.  The touch controls aren't too bad once you get used to them, though the first-person aiming for sniping is still really touchy.  The mission where you have to beat Phil's score at the gun range was pretty tough.  I just got GTAIII.  It's a little less refined than the phone version of Vice City, but I'm having fun playing through it again for probably the 10th time.  It's at the point where I remember most of the locations of the hidden packages. 

Played through Tomb Raider. This is the first game in a while that just absolutely grabbed hold of me and demanded to be played to completion.

I think Bioshock Infinite is up next. That or Halo 4, which Gamefly just sent along.

Finishing up Borderlands 2 with Gaige this time then will beat Deadpool after that I will buy the Tina Tiny DLC and look for others to co-op with on PS3.

I'm up for Tiny Tina if we have similarly-levelled characters.  Man, going back to BL2 after Far Cry 3 was a rough adjustment.  Trying to sneak around and pick off enemies one-by-one really doesn't fly.  

I've been playing a ton of CK2.  I had a run of good luck with England and Scotland both being consistently dysfunctional for 200 years and formed the Empire of Britannia for the first time.  Unfortunately my heir is a dumbfuck so I'm sure it'll all go to hell.  But, hey, that's part of the fun.

Started Mass Effect on the PS3 a few weeks ago. Haven't gotten far at all though as the playing style is something I'm not used since I usually play turn based RPGs. Also been distracted from by my replaying Parasite Eve on the PS3. Some of the areas are way too damn dark in the game though. Can't see at all. I assume its because I'm playing on the PS3 though as looking at old videos there is definitely suppose d to be more light. Annoyances aside its still a fun game to play though damn did I forget how bad the graphics were. Its needs a remake the same way FFVII does.

Picked up Etrian Odyssey IV yesterday so that has a lot of my attention at the moment.

I'm on my second playthrough of The Last of US.I would like to know if Tabe's opinion changed after advancing further into the game.I thought all the praise the game was receiving was mostly warranted. I think this will definitely still be my GOTY by the end of the year.I'm still not sure how to feel about the ending, but I think almost everyone feels this way after finishing the game.

I finished this over the weekend. Loved it. The chapter where you spend a lot of time playing as Ellie had me on pins and needles. The "boss fight" in that chapter was one of my most intense gaming experiences.Ending was fantastic. The end of a videogame has never hit me like that. I hope they never do a sequel.

Also playing the Last Of Us and beat it earlier this week.

The Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played (not just this year) and the ending is amazing. I wish more video games had endings like that. I echo the sentiments of no sequel. TLOU doesn't need it nor should it happen.

This is coming from someone who completely hated the gameplay at first and didn't think it was that great. The overall package of the game made up for it.

I'm up for Tiny Tina if we have similarly-levelled characters.  Man, going back to BL2 after Far Cry 3 was a rough adjustment.  Trying to sneak around and pick off enemies one-by-one really doesn't fly.  

I've been playing a ton of CK2.  I had a run of good luck with England and Scotland both being consistently dysfunctional for 200 years and formed the Empire of Britannia for the first time.  Unfortunately my heir is a dumbfuck so I'm sure it'll all go to hell.  But, hey, that's part of the fun.

What level is your character?