DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Me?  I haven't even been to Chicago.

It's probably Jae.

But, seriously, I saw that article.  It didn't say Punk was afraid of being stabbed, but his friend said she was afraid he was going to get stabbed.  Slight difference.  Just that he can't leave his house without being hounded and...  Yeah, that would suck.

Vince is hiring people to play mind games with him so he thinks there is no life for him outside the carnival tent.

We've seen what happens when one of his special ones starts to think she's pretty like a normal:

freaks_one_of_them.jpg

I'm guessing this is why they gave AJ time off.  She's chosen her side and she'll bring him back and collect her reward.  No one leaves the freak show.

Poor flabby little asshole.

• Like 3

Honestly, he'd also probably be better off getting out of Chicago.  He has as much of a hometown thing as any wrestler I can remember.  I doubt it would be nearly as bad if he lived in, like, L.A. or Des Moines.

He could have saved himself this trouble by being transparent and explaining why he left. He could not even go on Twitter and tell his fans he would not be at the Chicago Raw, so not to get their hopes up. 

He wants this type of attention. 

• Like 3

Eh, he doesn't really owe the fans any answer. He's living his life, he's entitled to leave without any explanation. And the Chicago fans who got their hopes up that he would be at Raw only have themselves to blame. I'm no fan of Punk as a person, and I think he needs to learn to live with the celebrity life he has chosen. However, that doesn't mean he owes any explanation to the fans, or that they are somehow justified in wanting an explanation from him.

Eh, he doesn't really owe the fans any answer. He's living his life, he's entitled to leave without any explanation. And the Chicago fans who got their hopes up that he would be at Raw only have themselves to blame. I'm no fan of Punk as a person, and I think he needs to learn to live with the celebrity life he has chosen. However, that doesn't mean he owes any explanation to the fans, or that they are somehow justified in wanting an explanation from him.

It would take like thirty minutes to pen an open letter. He doesn't have to do that. But it shows how little he thinks of the fan base that carried him to being a millionaire. 

An Interesting Subject is being discussed.

A WILD ODESSASTEPS APPEARS

Interesting Subject has run away!

Anyway Punk should PM or DM me on twitter. I don't understand why he hasn't reached out. If anyone knows better than me how to suppress and destroy CM Punk fans, I'd be surprised. Plus I think we'd be great friends, he could teach me about bad tattoos, I could get him on the Kid Rock. I could introduce him to my IRL friends...

..j/k I have no IRL friends.

• Like 2

It would take like thirty minutes to pen an open letter. He doesn't have to do that. But it shows how little he thinks of the fan base that carried him to being a millionaire. 

Or, it shows that he's a guy who's no longer doing the job he once did. He cultivated that fan base through his hard work, and I really don't like this entitled "the fans deserve his acknowledgement" line. Sure, he could give them an explanation, but he hasn't and the fans need to deal with that and move on with their lives, he certainly has.

I don't give a shit about him one way or another. Just shows how little he thinks of his supporters. Without them he would not have been WWE Champion for a a million days and wrestled the Rock on PPV. 

Most people are ungrateful pieces of shit. Punk is no different, just more sanctimonious. 

Punk can get all mopey about his job, or how it stopped being enjoyable, and how he owes no one anything, or how he wants to be left alone. But I didn't see him complaining when his job & congruent fame were getting him choice seats at sporting events of his favorite teams, getting him on stage with his favorite bands, giving him cutsies in the lines at comic cons to meet his favorite nerd book writer, and putting him in the position to fuck some fine Diva trim.

Yeah, I wish I was as conflicted as one Philip J. Brooks.

I have no animosity, bitterness or anything towards Punk. If it wasnt fun anymore and he can afford to go home good for him. Celebrity is a funny thing especially in the States where we sensationalize celebraties and treat them like animals in the zoo. I can see how people taking pictures of you and gawking at you like your a rare bird or something can get annoying but Punks life isnt taht bad sure he might have to deal with over zealous fans from time to time but what celebrity hasnt? Shit Master P had a stalker that reffered to himself as Kevin after his deceased brother, i'd take getting interrupted at dinner over that. If Punk never wrestles agian I'm ok with that he was entertaining to watch but I dont want to hear him mope about celebrity.

What the hell do I care what Punk does with his life?  It's his choice to walk out and it doesn't affect me in any way.  I won't lose sleep over him leaving or staying or taking a shit in the middle of a park or whatever he does.  Some people just obsess over stuff like this.  Let the man be, he seems pretty happy, plus he's boning AJ.

• Like 1

Again, though, it's not like Punk gave an interview about how much his life sucks now.  A friend of his wrote an article about how she is seeing his life suck, and it bothers her.

What the hell do I care what Punk does with his life?  It's his choice to walk out and it doesn't affect me in any way.  I won't lose sleep over him leaving or staying or taking a shit in the middle of a park or whatever he does.  Some people just obsess over stuff like this.  Let the man be, he seems pretty happy, plus he's boning AJ.

As I've already made clear, he's boning a robot created by an ancient druid (you remember that was Vince right?) and programmed to bring him back into the fold.

Also all those Rey masks and sheep masks they keep selling are going to turn everyone's face into bugs:

• Like 2

Punk is no different than any other celebrity. Being a celebrity means that if you want privacy you have to seek it out.

Punk in Chicago is the same as a Hollywood actor hanging out in LA or Pitbull in Miami.

You can't fashion yourself as Chicagos favorite son and then get annoyed when you're recognized in Chicago. Maybe consider finding a more private community.

• Like 1