DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Lets just say that at Payback they do the Wyatt Family vs John Cena and two partners. Who would Cena's partners be? The Uso's?

Next PPV: Wyatts v. Cena/Rollins/Ambrose v. Evolution in a 1998 WCW WarGames match

That... actually sounds pretty rad.

Of course, if I had my way, it would be Wyatts vs. Shield vs. Evolution, with Kane ripping the door off to interfere on the Authority/Evolution's behalf. Cena comes down to make the save, but turns out to be the fourth man in Evolution.

I'm sorry for bringing my fantasy booking horse shit in here, but I'd certainly pay to see it-- even though it would never happen in a million years.

I accidentally smartened a kid up today. Let it slip that Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt are brothers. 

Im a terrible person...

I figured you let slip the secret of Roman Reigns gorgeous locks. Spoiler alert, it's Prell in the glass bottle.

I was watching Clash of the Champions 4 on WWE network, and it had a Steve Williams match that went almost 15 minutes. Not so unusual except for the fact that his opponent was the Italian Stallion, who I don't recall ever being a match that went that long on TV. 

I was watching Clash of the Champions 4 on WWE network, and it had a Steve Williams match that went almost 15 minutes. Not so unusual except for the fact that his opponent was the Italian Stallion, who I don't recall ever being a match that went that long on TV. 

I saw this a few months ago on Classics on Demand.  It was a rare occasion as they uploaded a Clash that was coinciding with the current time frame of WCW Saturday night shows they were showing at the time.  IT seemed like the Italian Stallion was all over TV then and getting a little push.  He was having long matches with big stars.  He also had a tag team with someone else and I think they won a few matches.  

I saw that the other night and had to skip ahead to key moments. I like long random matches twice as much as the next guy. but I just wanted to get to the main event already.

I actually marked out a little bit because an 8 year old knew to hook the leg when going for a pin.

This was my favorite part, i was so happy/sad at that very moment while watching the video

Oh sure, Trips put him over but he just had to bury the kid afterwards.

Damn allergies...

For shame! But I can't be mad at'cha ... I had the same thought; if it had been anyone other than Triple H (the natural source for all things business-burial related) and you went the extra mile to use that joke by forcing a Triple H reference had he not been involved, or if you'd gone with some Undertaker reference, I'd +1 any demands for your avatar head on a stake. As it is, sometimes humor - dark as it may be - is a coping defense.

This was your "Sum Ting Wong" moment.

OK, I have a question. Who would you folks say is the wrestler that is the best at in-ring stuff while also making it look completely effortless?

I guess the consensus answer to this question might be Barry Windham. I'm watching him right now and it strikes me once again that everything he does looks amazing without him looking like he's even trying. I know Mick Foley called out Shawn Michaels as someone he thought made everything he did look good effortlessly. 

I'm sure there are some stars from Japan or Mexico that are in this category that I don't have enough experience to know much about either. 

If we're talking all time, I'd say Jumbo Tsuruta has to be in that list. It all just worked for him. He was born to be a pro-wrestler.

• Like 1

OK, I have a question. Who would you folks say is the wrestler that is the best at in-ring stuff while also making it look completely effortless?

I guess the consensus answer to this question might be Barry Windham. I'm watching him right now and it strikes me once again that everything he does looks amazing without him looking like he's even trying. I know Mick Foley called out Shawn Michaels as someone he thought made everything he did look good effortlessly.

I'm sure there are some stars from Japan or Mexico that are in this category that I don't have enough experience to know much about either.

Curt Hennig, hands down.

• Like 2