DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I don't know what's worse in that picture, the punch or the bump. That reminds me of the sequence in HIAC after Mick got chokeslammed through the cage. Taker punched him and Mick kinda just slumped over in slow motion. Understandable given the fact that he just fell 10 feet through a steel cage and had a chair smashed into his face.

• Like 1

I can forgive Tenzan for that bump since he's an absolute wreck.

Regarding the best Devitt match to show someone, I'd look at both the 2009 and 2010 BOSJ finals.  Also, most of his 2013 stuff is REALLY good, but as was mentioned before, it's during his heel run, so prepare for interference.  He had good stuff with Tanahashi and Okada in '13.

As far as making an immediate impact on a wrestlers career, let's not forget Jose Lothario.  He jumps in and helps Shawn win the WWF title, which he had failed at doing so many times.  Of course he cost HBK the title when Sid hit him with a TV camera, but he really got Shawn motivated for the Iron Man match.  I think he also taught him a Hurancan Rana.

As far as making an immediate impact on a wrestlers career, let's not forget Jose Lothario. He jumps in and helps Shawn win the WWF title, which he had failed at doing so many times. Of course he cost HBK the title when Sid hit him with a TV camera, but he really got Shawn motivated for the Iron Man match. I think he also taught him a Hurancan Rana.

Also, having to deal with Shawn Michaels circa 1996 on a day to day basis will be taken into consideration by St. Peter one day.

So he has THAT going for him. Which is nice.

• Like 8

Yeah, but that's like saying someone's punches look better than Sid's.

Sid and Michael Tarver are neck and neck for worst punches in my opinion. I give the nod to Tarver b/c he had sort of a boxing themed gimmick but he threw the worst worked punches I've seen in a long time.

sid wasn't throwing punches. he was fist bumping his opponents face.

• Like 14

As far as making an immediate impact on a wrestlers career, let's not forget Jose Lothario. He jumps in and helps Shawn win the WWF title, which he had failed at doing so many times. Of course he cost HBK the title when Sid hit him with a TV camera, but he really got Shawn motivated for the Iron Man match. I think he also taught him a Hurancan Rana.

Also, having to deal with Shawn Michaels circa 1996 on a day to day basis will be taken into consideration by St. Peter one day.

This made me laugh. Alas the likes limit. Will remember to give you one.

• Like 2

This amuses me.

WWE talent Sakamoto was at a recent NXT live event in Orlando and it was believed that he was being brought back but it turned out that he was just visiting friends. Word is that Sakamoto was in Orlando to actually see about getting a job with TNA.

Somebody actually wants to work for TNA.

• Like 1

Would you want a manager who famously crapped his pants live on ppv? 

To counteract that, it would be cool to know your manager was hung like a horse as Parker was. Maybe he could be your wingman on the road.

To me, this is a con more than  pro.  You don't want your manager flashing a bigger schwanz than what you've got.  Then you're stuck with Col Parker leftovers instead of first choice.

Yeah, you got a point there. Unless he's like "hey baby, see this? His is BIGGER."

Yeah, but that's like saying someone's punches look better than Sid's.

Sid and Michael Tarver are neck and neck for worst punches in my opinion. I give the nod to Tarver b/c he had sort of a boxing themed gimmick but he threw the worst worked punches I've seen in a long time.

sid wasn't throwing punches. he was fist bumping his opponents face.

I have a picture of myself fistbumping Sid at NWA Legends of Wrestling event. My bucket list was completed at age 30 b/c that's the only thing that was on it.

• Like 2

Borrow one of mine...

Borrow one of mine...

Cheers!

So, Teddy Long's wedding on Smackdown. The most underrated wrestling wedding of all time? From Jagged Edge being interrupted to Festus in a suit to Vince dancing along to the music to the Godfather to Teddy's amazing heart attack. Butch Reed is somewhere in there as well, I believe. It's so good and there's so many great details in the crowd if you look hard enough. Like The Highlanders in kilts.

• Like 2

So, Teddy Long's wedding on Smackdown. The most underrated wrestling wedding of all time? From Jagged Edge being interrupted to Festus in a suit to Vince dancing along to the music to the Godfather to Teddy's amazing heart attack. Butch Reed is somewhere in there as well, I believe. It's so good and there's so many great details in the crowd if you look hard enough. Like The Highlanders in kilts.

My great-grandfather once faked a heart attack (long story) for attention and that wedding totally reminded me and my cousins of that incident. We called Teddy Long, "Granddaddy" after that b/c that's what we used to called our great-grandfather.

teddylong.gif

Kane's theme on cello

Trish Stratus' bridesmaid dress

I see that and raise you the entire Ho Train segment with Doom wanting to get some, Elijah Burke jumping on his chair to get noticed, Stevie Richards and (I think) Kenny Dykstra giving each other a massive high five, CM Punk in some kind of crazy 70s suit, Jimmy Wang Yang in full studded cowboy apparel, JBL running to join the train as Vince screams at him to get back on commentary and finally, Pat Patterson not running off to join it with every other guy and making Brisco sit down with him.

I think it might be my favourite WWE (intentional) comedy piece. Even the Hornswoggle stuff is funny with Vince chasing after him but still maintaining the McMahon swagger. 

• Like 1

When Vince wants to be, he is the best damn entertainer in the company. I am just waiting for Vince to come back on the air to support Daniel Bryan and the Shield, much to Stephanie and HHH's anger.

mYtob.gif

When Vince wants to be, he is the best damn entertainer in the company. I am just waiting for Vince to come back on the air to support Daniel Bryan and the Shield, much to Stephanie and HHH's anger.

I think Vince has only had a handful of guys in the past 30 years as entertaining and charismartic as he is.  You can't teach carny and most guys on the roster in any era haven't had the "it" factor to the degree he does.

...Which makes it all the more amusing to wonder how far he'd go in developmental.  I can see young Vince jacking himself up on the roids and still being told that he wasn't big enough, or didn't have the right look for the main roster. 

Vince McMahon - NXT Superstar?