DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

If they went back to two hours, the first thing that would get cut is the match times. The pacing of the shows is a lot better now, most segments are worth watching. Even the talking segments don't drag like they use to. 

You make a good point. If it went back to two hours, I doubt we'd be getting all of these awesome 6 man and regular tag-matches and the occasional 10-20 minute great singles match b/c if I'm not mistaken, those don't generate a lot of ratings. Aren't most of the ratings spikes during in-ring talking and the like?

I have no problem with it being 3 hours but someone (whomever it is that's always pulling those elaborate statistics out) should calculate how much time of actual wrestling there is along with how much time is devoted to recaps and other such filler.  In this age of social media there's really no reason to interject countless recaps of what happened earlier.  It would be nice if they cut out a bunch of that as well as the overly long segments of someone (usually Cena) going out to the ring and doing some promo that never ends.  Nitro being 3 hours didn't bug me unless they had some never-ending NWO segment because they would actually have decent undercard matches on there.  Give some of the undercard guys who can actually put on entertaining matches some meaningful feuds and angles and cut out the filler.

Luckily the sheets are saying it's just a minimally invasive procedure and he would only miss a few weeks.

Hopefully they don't strip him of the title. Just set up a #1 contender's match and run a huge Shield/Evolution gimmick match as the main for Payback.

They'd probably just go with Kane, unless they think Batista is worth placating and can be booked around. But do you stick the title on a huy who just nixed a program? HHH is too busy with his real job, Cena would get booed more heavily than ever, I can't see them reverting to Orton. 

A possible problem they have is Money In The Bank PPV is only 6 weeks away, so any more problems and Daniel Bryan misses two PPVs. Battleground is 3 weeks after MITB; it's a tight PPV schedule until Summerslam.

On a related note, who will win Money In The Bank. I like Wyatt for it, just because the idea of waiting for the sheephead wipe and the big entrance with the briefcase just seems too obviously dramatic to miss. Plus the Bryan-Wyatt feud was essentially left open. 

"No, No...This isn't Alicia right now.  This is Victoria Crawford, bro. Yeah.  Look it up in the "dirt sheets!" And I'm talking to the "bookers" in the "back" and I'm not going to take this "Jobbing" anymore!!!!"

Please let them be trying a worked-diva-shoot!  Just for the acting.

• Like 1

People on Twitter are saying Alicia Fox quit. Bummer for Total Divas.

It was apparently on the WWE App so I would have to assume that it is..... ah never mind. Too bad she quit. I'll miss her. She was getting quite good.

I thought she was with Barrett?
IVE GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU

I don't know.

• Like 1