DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Okay - since I so dont pay attention to the indies anymore - who runs CWF?

I am just trying to figure out who can afford to book Matt Hardy/Hurricane Helms vs. Carlito/Chris Masters and Sonjay Dutt vs. John Morrison

Or is it someone who can get a lot of guys working cheaper as a favor

Okay - since I so dont pay attention to the indies anymore - who runs CWF?

I am just trying to figure out who can afford to book Matt Hardy/Hurricane Helms vs. Carlito/Chris Masters and Sonjay Dutt vs. John Morrison

Or is it someone who can get a lot of guys working cheaper as a favor

I don't know who runs CWF, but the show you're talking about appears to be connected to a wrestling convention being promoted by a sports memorabilia and promotions company that's probably covering a lot of the costs.

So apparently Sheamus and Sin Cara got into it last night, and Sheamus got his ass handed to him.

Good luck in your future endeavors, Hunico!

That was misquoted. They were reporting on the plot of the next WWE/Scooby Doo movie, which involves Sin Cara seemingly acting like a jerk to everyone, including Sheamus, only for it to eventually be discovered that someone was only pretending to be Sin Cara.

SPOILER ALERT

Would it surprise anyone if Sheamus did get his ass kicked by Sin Cara? 

Since it looks like they're heading that route with his character on tv, I could see this being some kind of new age work. Sheamus' popularity has been dwindling since 18 seconds, and a heel turn is overdue. Feeding a rumor like this around the net, combined with kicking up the old Yoshi Tatsu rumors will get the smart fans to turn on him even faster.

Although, Hunico does seem like a legit tough guy, so no, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a shoot.

His booking is like he is super macho, overcompensating tough guy.

Makes him the perfect guy to follow in HHH and Orton's footsteps when Batista goes off tv.

Two Questions that have been bugging me since Wrestlemania-

Why haven't they released the acoustic versions of Batista and Ortons songs they used in the promos?

And

Why arent The Shield entrance masks for sale yet?!?!

• Like 1

"Word going around" is the new "rumblings."

This is what the new Observer says:

WWE right now is looking at, in order, the top four singles babyfaces for down the line, in order, being Cena, Bryan, Cesaro and Sheamus (that was the plan as of a little more than a week ago, I’ve been sensing a Sheamus turn for some time and the nature of his U.S. title win certainly seemed like that was the direction they were going).

So, either Vince changed his mind, or he didn't.  I guess.  I don't know.  I give up.

Two Questions that have been bugging me since Wrestlemania-

Why haven't they released the acoustic versions of Batista and Ortons songs they used in the promos?

And

Why arent The Shield entrance masks for sale yet?!?!

Why did they even stop wearing them? They wore them maybe one more time after WM and that was it. I expected them to bring them out again for big PPV matches but they were nowhere to be seen at Extreme Rules.

"Word going around" is the new "rumblings."

This is what the new Observer says:

WWE right now is looking at, in order, the top four singles babyfaces for down the line, in order, being Cena, Bryan, Cesaro and Sheamus (that was the plan as of a little more than a week ago, I’ve been sensing a Sheamus turn for some time and the nature of his U.S. title win certainly seemed like that was the direction they were going).

So, either Vince changed his mind, or he didn't.  I guess.  I don't know.  I give up.

I more read these types of reports as Dave getting an e-mail from a WWE hairdresser who overheard it when Justin Gabriel was telling Jinder Mahal what he heard from Sheamus.

I can't think of a good reason for Sheamus to be US Champion other than serving as a transitional champion.

Maybe they are finally going ahead with the US/Intercontinental Championship unification. Barrett/Sheamus makes more sense than Barrett/Ambrose.

Other than that I think Rusev would make a lot of sense right now as a U.S. Champion.

What's with people being antiSheamus? I think he works as either a heel or a face. He goes hard in the ring. Are people gonna be complaining if we get Sheamus and Cesaro pummeling each other for a couple months? I don't think so.

• Like 1

I never liked Sheamus until his series with Big Show a while back.  He really improved a lot in that time frame.  As far as him being a heel goes, he comes off as too much of a dufus to be an effective heel, at least to me, even when he's acting like a typical bad guy.  Keep him as he is and let him feud with Cesaro.  They've been dancing around that matchup for a while anyways.

Sheamus was stale for a very very long time. Smiling happy go lucky babyface who always wins, names each of his moves and yells Fella to himself will not go very far in the current landscape. The Sheamus over the past few weeks who looks hungry and vulnerable is much better. When everything is clicking for him he's terrific. It's just been a while.

I will say that he may be taking his newfound vulnerability a little too far. I can buy him eating a pin from Big Dave. But letting Hunico get the best of him? C'mon fella.

Who's next? JTG? Jinder Mahal?