DVDVR Message Board

May 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

Hey.  You know what's hilarious!?

I had to record this.  Couldn't be home for it.

My DVR timer for football matches sets itself automatically for three hours...from 2:00-5:00.  Which means it stopped recording just at the beginning of the 2nd extra period.

FUCK YEAH!

I know I had mentioned a while back that I wouldn't be home for the final but yeah, I was out for the final and recorded it to watch when I got home. I was so nervous all day. The closer it got to getting home the more nervous I was getting to the point of suffering physical pain. And then the match.. For so long it was just horrible agonizing suffering. That goal for Atletico, just crushed me. And as the match went onto Stoppage time I was just so devastated that Atletico were going to win and La Decima was going to be again so far away. And then... THAT HANDSOME MAN SERGIO RAMOS!! HOLY MOLY! From despair to dreams and hopes kept alive at the DEATH! And then extra time, Di Maria, the bounce, Gareth Bale.. WORTH EVERY PENNY! Scores the winner in the Copa del Rey final and now this! I must be dreaming! I MUST BE DREAMING! And then a bit later... MARCELO!! 3-1?!! The tears began here, small tears but tears. The full on bawling hit with Ronaldo's Penalty! LA DECIMA EXISTE! LA DECIMA EXISTE! I MUST BE DREAMING OUT OF MY MIND GLORIOUS UNBELIEVABLE DREAMING! LA DECIMA EXISTE!!!! 

I cried like a baby for a long while. It was such a hard reminder, much like the World Cup in 2010 at first, of my mother's passing. Lots of tears and besos with mi amor and then trophy time, SAN IKER LIFTS LA DECIMA and.. it is just flying! Flying in a dream! It's irrational, it's purely emotion, but it is just amazing and unbelievable and just.. flying in a dream! So please excuse my babbling and everything right now, I just can not believe this is real and this has happened! LA DECIMA EXISTE! HALA MADRID! HALA MADRID! 

If we learned anything from the playoff finals and the Champions League finals is that in the 90th minute, get that shit down the other end of the field.

Someone posted this in the UFC Gif thread but it totally sums up the playoff finals.

2.gif

Unbelievable. Poor poor Derby.

When the game was on, I was at the cinema watching X-Men: Days of Future Past with my Dad. I watched the sports report with the highlights and stats, shitty way to lose.

If we learned anything from the playoff finals and the Champions League finals is that in the 90th minute, get that shit down the other end of the field.

Someone posted this in the UFC Gif thread but it totally sums up the playoff finals.

2.gif

All this. I posted that GIF.

• Like 1

With QPR and 'Arry back in the Premier League, could do without another transfer deadline day of him leaning out his Range Rover window giving it the 'I like him, he's a good player but not sure if he's available' tapping up without tapping up routine. Also, not entirely into the prospect of a season of the gutter press tickling his balls, singing him Happy Birthday during a press conference again and proclaiming him the saviour of England even though he's dirtier than Den Watts. 

All in all, I don't care for Redknapp and would have preferred Derby is what I'm subtly trying to say.

Liked that they had Gerrard alongside Roy Keane on ITV's panel last night cause Keane got to be all 'That's a dive, that is' when they showed Gerrard winning the penalty in Istanbul followed by his comment re: the World Cup of 'Steven's a great player, he deserves to go out on a high...but England will struggle at the World Cup.' Lee Dixon's input usually consists of 'I agree with Roy' though. Probably for the best.

Friend of a friend had Atletico on a £5 double to win the league and European Cup, one more minute and he'd have been £11000 or so richer. I shouldn't have laughed but I did hence why I'm sporting a black eye today.

• Like 3

Great start by Leyton Orient, 2-0 after 40 minutes against Rotherham in the League One Play-off Final. Want Orient to win as I like Barry Hearn, his son, Eddie and don't like Steve Evans. Looking online, I'm not alone on the latter.

Best XI of Your Team Since You Started Supporting Them or a less long winded title? It's probably not totally thread worthy but, yeah, I do always like seeing who people rate and that. Favourite XI might be a better title as obviously dudes will have their favourite players even if they weren't all time best or anything. I mean, shit, if you're a Man United fan and you want William Prunier in your team because of his legendary 2 game run then be my guest.

Schmeichel

Gary Neville

Vidic

Stam

Irwin

Ronaldo

Keane

Scholes

Giggs

Cantona

Solksjaer

Could maybe have had Ferdinand in there but Jip Jaap Stam the big dutchman in murderdeathkill mode for the few seasons he was there was a sight to behold. Solksjaer's in there because he's one of my favourites, dude would have scored 30 odd goals a season anywhere else, he was just unlucky at United in that Yorke/Cole clicked so well, van Nistelrooy came in and was probably one of the few who was an even better natural finisher than him and he missed a lot of time with injuries and whatnot. Rest of the team speaks for itself.

Manager is between Fergie and Moyes. I'm undecided. 

Interesting since there's another Derby fan on the board.. But my personal 11:

Mart Poom

Chris Powell (LB)

John Brayford (RB)

Igor Stimac (CB)

Christian Dailly (CB)

Paul Simpson (LM) 

Aljosa Asanovic (MC)

Giorgi Kinkladze (AMC)

Stefano Eranio (RM)

Francesco Baiano (ST)

Paulo Wanchope (ST)

No place for Danny Higginbotham, Chris Riggott, Malcolm Christie, hell, there's LOADS of players I had to leave out.

Couldn't even get Horacio Carbonari into that team.

• Like 1