DVDVR Message Board

May 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

Guest The Magnificent 7

He could be 12 for all you know. Everyone looks amazing in Scotland

He's in that sweet spot age.  Between 3 and 34 where you don't slip and fall on your own when taking a few steps and blow league titles. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Hahaha there it is! I missed this big man, how's things?

Things are good. You've been on top form lately. 

I didn't post in this folder when I came back because I'm superstitious and my absence did correspond to Liverpool's run of form and ascendancy to the top of the table.  I tried to help you out, but all I got was a lousy thermos and I'm not superstitious anymore. 

Next year it happens.  I believe you'll do it.

Hahaha there it is! I missed this big man, how's things?

Things are good. You've been on top form lately. 

I didn't post in this folder when I came back because I'm superstitious and my absence did correspond to Liverpool's run of form and ascendancy to the top of the table.  I tried to help you out, but all I got was a lousy thermos and I'm not superstitious anymore. 

Next year it happens.  I believe you'll do it.

Aye lad I didn't post any sort of smack talk whatsoever in case the wheels came off. Turns out Stevie saying "we don't let this slip" was the winning jinx.

Sounds like we're closing in on Emre Can of Leverkusen. Super sexiful first transfer if it gets completed. Nice combination of skill and size, plus he's incredibly versatile and 20-years-old. I could see him being the long-term Gerrard "replacement" (not that you can really replace him).

Gauld has two good feet and is as creative a player as there is in Scotland not playing for Celtic, but he still has miles to go. Andy Robertson is the player on that Utd team I can imagine going the furthest. He's probably the best left back in the country already.

Guest The Magnificent 7

He's quite good.  If Izzy ever leaves or gets another long term injury I'd imagine Celtic will be in for him.  Izzy was back to his best this year, though, I thought. 

The Arabs were such a fun side to watch this year.  Armstrong is quality - and a smart guy too. 

I would welcome Jackie McNamara as new manager because of how he got them playing and grooms the young players (Watt would get a real chance under Jackie I bet), but supposedly he and Peter Lawwell don't get on. 

Emilio had a good year, yeah. I remember seeing him play with Mulgrew as the centre back next to him and they went well together.

McNamara seems unlikely, though I agree he'd be a good choice. The papers seem to think it'll be Owen Coyle or Steve Clarke, so it'll end up being John Collins or Paul Dickov.

Don't even know what to say. I knew they'd scored as soon as we battered them for 30 minutes and they had their one and only shot on target in the 89th minute, as soon as they entered their half I knew it.

Still, its been a long season and we made it all the way to the playoff final when realistically we had no right to do so. So i'm still proud of everything we did this year.

Doesn't make it easier though.