DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers (5/2/2014)

Go2Sleep

I guess I missed when I was supposed to wonder what happened to Sandow. Bad News Barrett does everything better and more convincingly as well than him, including the look.

Has there been memorable match or promo from Sandow?

The Magneto promo and the Good Santa vs. Bad Santa match against Henry on Raw. With that said, I know what you mean. Sandow is such a weird case. WWE cooled him off very abruptly after Team Rhodes Scholars broke up. He was not blowing me away in the ring but the same can be said for Barrett, Ziggler, Swagger, and tons of others who managed to do somewhat well in the same time frame. Hell, all of them were at the same point Sandow is now until they found their special gimmick (in Swagger's case it was  having Zeb as his manager). Sandow seems to get reactions and the live audience usually doesn't sleep through his match- so I am not sure why they are giving him the Drew Mc post Taryn Terrell treatment.

The biggest problem with The Usos is who is in the other corner. Every great tag team (and singles wrestler for that matter) has a rival. Some equally cool bad guy you want to see get their asses kicked. The Usos do not have that. Rybaxel is NOT over. 3MB are seen as jobbers and none of them are particularly over. There are no just cool heel teams or anyone for The Usos to draw money against which is REALLY unfortunate because if they could face teams with the quality and overness of someone like a Team 3D, a  Hardys, and even an E&C - how popular would they be? The package is there.

I guess I missed when I was supposed to wonder what happened to Sandow. Bad News Barrett does everything better and more convincingly as well than him, including the look.

Has there been memorable match or promo from Sandow?

Sure, but it was in 2000. 

EDIT: also all of his youtube stuff for WWE  and some OVW when he had he two girls.

They made him stop singing due to English, which hurt.

Regarding O'Neil, I think he should replace Cesaro as the next "Real American." Actually, I think they should give Colter O'Neil, Ryback, and Axel. Help all those guys get over.

Rybaxel are just great midcard tag team fodder.  I always suspected Axel might thrive in that sort of circumstance but never would have dreamed it would come with Ryback of all people.  The 4-way was super fun from what I saw with Dean having nothing to do with the match home stretch until diving in at the last moment to snag a crawling Axel who was desperately trying to get to a downed Del Rio.  Super fun stuff.