DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers (5/2/2014)

Go2Sleep

Ugh. Could an RVD/Cesaro double turn save this terrible angle? Put RVD with Paul and Cesaro on his own as a babyface.

Would the fans boo Van Dam, though?

Have you seen him work a match lately?  Getting the crowd to boo him after he works another match in slow-mo should be easy.

Ugh. Could an RVD/Cesaro double turn save this terrible angle? Put RVD with Paul and Cesaro on his own as a babyface.

Would the fans boo Van Dam, though?

Have you seen him work a match lately?  Getting the crowd to boo him after he works another match in slow-mo should be easy.

All he has to do is rather than actually doing the wacky tumble nonsense he is famous for, he just does the set up and then just does the hand motion a four year old would do if they were doing a 'kung fu back flip'.  

The six-man on Smackdown is ridiculously good. Super stiff, brutal, crazy bumps, etc. The Wyatts lay the faces to waste post-match. Big ups to Jimmy Uso, who was willing to take a year or two off of his life when eating one of the most insane lariats in years from Harper, just a few minutes after he out-Dustined/Rollins'd on a Sister Abigail.

Lana talks about the foolishness of sanctions against Mother Russia. AWESOME. I can't wait to write a think piece for Foriegn Affairs about this. Rusev also risks lifelong mobility taking a back bump to the floor. Kudos, Rusev.

People act like defending the US Title in a four way was an Authority punishment, but the paperwork for that match has been held up for 3 months.

Master of Titties - Yes, Master of Paperwork - No.

They should bring back big bad Vlad Kozlov to do battle with Lana and Rusev.

The Usos are still my favorite thing on TV at the minute, 12 year old me would love the hell out of those guys.

Enjoyed SD this week, glad the show finished on the US title. 

That six-man was just a straight-up potato harvest. When Sheamus is hanging through the ropes smiling as he checks his jaw, you know it's stiff. When BRAY is the one looking like he's pulling his shots, you know it's stiff. Rowan's face bounced right off the floor and he was also making sure there weren't teeth missing. The part where he released one of the guys mere seconds before he went into the turnbuckle is something he needs to keep.

RVD/Swagger then mashed an attempt at the same thing into 2 1/2 minutes. At least Robbie V willingly let his forehead dent the mat on the Neutralizer.

Bryan cut a great pissed-off babyface promo and then Kane attempted the insane Bray laughter from Monday to no avail. They really don't need to turn Bryan into WCW-era Ricky Steamboat though, cut this significant other shit off. 

Damien Sandow: wrestling in a children's Halloween costume and jobbing to Dolph Ziggler is no way to go through life, son.

JUICY DROP'S OWN RESIDENT LUCHADOR, SENOR SOUR~!

The lack of commentary and Big E's reaction (and Titus tripping on the cord) made that look like a shoot on Titus. I mean afterwards he stood on his fuckin face!

Did Andres Serrano make Ryback's singlet? Speaking of which, you know they are total jobbers but Rybaxel (*gag*) are actually good in their position now. Hennig is working as stiff as the rest of the roster and they are such the pair of douches you can't wait to see get beat. 

Did Sandow piss in one of Vince's energy drinks or something? The past few months it seems like they're going out of their way to bury him.

• Like 1

Bryan's stuff is nothing like the lame Steamboat family man shit. It's "You put your hands on my wife so I'm gonna kill you". That's awesome and real. What married man isn't gonna kick the shit out of someone who fucks with his old lady?

Man splitting up the PTP's was one of the worst decisions of the year. I really don't buy Titus O'Neil at all. Sorry. He should be squashing jobbers on Main Event, but I'd rather have him and Darren Young as the number 2 babyface tag-team behind the Usos.

• Like 2

As long as they don't let it get too far. I guess I just like "lone wolf champion" Bryan more as a concept.

Even though they haven't referenced it at all, I'm thinking that they know the best way to make people who think about how Bryan and Kane were partners and friends once, is the idea that what in real life would make you totally forget any previous friendship any more than , "You fucked with my wife".? I know that when I was married if anyone,friend, former friend, or stranger tried to lay a hand on my wife I'd have fucked them up without a thought .

Now, it should end with this fued and I guess Brie getting over on Steph and then done. She shouldn't become his valet or anything like that. And I'm pretty sure it won't go that way.

Really digging the Usos. Simple and appealing gimmick, made for tag team wrestling in a time where the division seemed lost, over with the crowd, fun catchphrase and the in ring work is fine so far. Nothing mind blowing, but they got the basics down and can get a a good fired-babyface comeback going.

Really digging the Usos. Simple and appealing gimmick, made for tag team wrestling in a time where the division seemed lost, over with the crowd, fun catchphrase and the in ring work is fine so far. Nothing mind blowing, but they got the basics down and can get a a good fired-babyface comeback going.

When I'm in a hurry, just flitting through the DVR of a show, I'm always tempted to blip past them because they never have an interesting story.  But I'm always glad when I don't because their matches are always pretty fun.  But I still do sometimes.

They're in a weird zone to be in.

Man splitting up the PTP's was one of the worst decisions of the year. I really don't buy Titus O'Neil at all. Sorry. He should be squashing jobbers on Main Event, but I'd rather have him and Darren Young as the number 2 babyface tag-team behind the Usos.

DY is out for 6 months with a torn ACL right now anyways.

I guess I missed when I was supposed to wonder what happened to Sandow. Bad News Barrett does everything better and more convincingly as well than him, including the look.

Has there been memorable match or promo from Sandow?