DVDVR Message Board

RAW 4/28

OSJ

Last week (?) people were debating what needs to be done for the divas to change people's perception of them. I thought everyone was wrong. The divas need have more interactions with the men. If the divas are supposed to be hot, great to be around, and everyone wants to be them and/or with them, why don't most of the WWE Superstars avoid them like the plague? What woman in the WWE has EVER gotten over by just being a diva who fights the other divas?

I love that Brie is officially becoming a lesser, female version of DB. I just wish her naturally sweet side she shows on TD would come out more on Raw. I thought Brie out worked Paige in that match. Or maybe it's the lame screaming Paige does that makes me think less of her. Is she anti-Diva because she has Tourette's? Then again, Brie does the same "scream then hit a move" thing and no one praises her. :(

DB busting out a fucking monkey wrench had me rolling. BEST WEAPON EVER. The segments was good too. Can't wait til Brie dropkicks Kane, making him stumble around before a big running knee by DB.

RVD is terrible and I was so satisfied with Wade calling him past his primed and the way Wade fucking smashed his face in was brutal.

• Like 1

DB busting out a fucking monkey wrench had me rolling. BEST WEAPON EVER. The segments was good too. Can't wait til Brie dropkicks Kane, making him stumble around before a big running knee by DB.

I have a memory of being at a live Raw in Indianapolis many years ago.  It was the same Raw where Foley and Funk got pushed off the stage in the dumpster.  And there was a segment with Kane and Vader involving a giant wrench.  I believe it was Kane braining Vader with it. 

Karma, bro.

• Like 1

Kind of a dull show, but I liked the ending segment a lot. The way they teased another tedious HHH beatdown, only for The Shield to make a worthwhile comeback but still having HHH escape the triple powerbomb for the second time was perfectly laid out. Also got The Shield a nice pop after several minutes of lukewarm reactions.

If Flair "turns" on the Shield at ER, that would be about the lamest thing ever. They do, however, have a perfect chance to turn a common wrestling trope around with Flair trying to cost The Shield, but they take him out easily en route to victory. If you're trying to establish The Shield as badasses, the last thing they need is having to do a job because a 70-year-old man hit one of them.

Too bad Cena doesn't have a kid. They could redo the whole Sandman/Raven/Tyler thing.

What angle can they redo that makes use of AJ when she comes back? AJ, failing to regain her title, becomes vulnerable to the predations of the Wyatts, as Bray takes an interest in her. Cena, despite past differences with AJ, wants to play white knight and save her. Where can that lead?

It can lead to the revelation that AJ stands for Abigail Junior and that she is the daughter of the old woman that raised Bray. AJ managed to get away when she was young enough to forget but Bray will help her remember.....

Who wouldn't love a Bray/AJ power trip trying to bring down the machine?

• Like 1

Bray could bring the kids back for Extreme Rules, then have one of them attack Cena, only to take his sheep mask off to reveal that Rey Mysterio joined the Wyatts for some reason due to his disappointment with fans booing him. Plus Rey would blend well with a group of 12 year olds

What about Rey's son?

Redo the Sandman/Raven thing with Wyatt and Mysterio. Cena then feels guilty for allowing his friends son to be taken and they join forces to fight the family?

If you then have the 2 biggest super heroes in WWE getting beaten in the long run it gives them the chance to find a 3rd partner (hopefully someone young) who could go over huge in helping Cena and Rey finally win.

He's got the Cenation, in his hands

He's got the whole Cenation, in his hands

He's got the Cenation, in his hands

He's got the whole wide world, in his hands

HOLY CHRIST, man.  This feud just needs one great match at ER to go down as absolutely legendary.  There hasn't been character work this good in pro wrestling since...  Shit, Foley's anti-hardcore stuff?

And Cena's later promo was great.  He's rattled.  He started it being obviously shaken, then started to segued into his usual jokey bullshit, only to come back around to his old "Terminator Cena" violent threat serious stuff.  That right there was really good.

But BRAY FUCKING WYATT.

He's got the whole world, in his hands.

• Like 4

Oh, and I was trying to remember the details of Kane/Vader/Giant fucking wrench while I was watching the show, so thanks for that.

It's weird, now that I look it up, reports say it took place at the No Way Out PPV in 98.  So why the hell do I swear I have a recollection of seeing it live at Raw? 

Weird. 

Oh, and I was trying to remember the details of Kane/Vader/Giant fucking wrench while I was watching the show, so thanks for that.

It's weird, now that I look it up, reports say it took place at the No Way Out PPV in 98.  So why the hell do I swear I have a recollection of seeing it live at Raw? 

Weird. 

I remember Mankind hitting Kane with a wrench. It was shown in the video package for Kane vs. Mankind at Survivor Series 1997.

Great opening segment.

I try to cut Brie some slack because I like her but the way she delivered that "bitch!" line was like she took acting lessons from Chris KATTAN.

Slight edit for accuracy.

I now want to see the Bellas repackaged w/ characters like Will Farrell and Chris Kattan in Night at the Roxbury.

For anyone who was wondering, I did the math.

Rob van Dam last held the Intercontinental Championship in 2006. Wade Barrett was born in 1980. So there you have it, Wade Barrett was wearing diapers, when he was 26 years old.

• Like 4

I wonder if that injury was legit and caused some of that.   Didn't make sense to have an injury angle there, and it did look like he landed awkwardly.  Also no work on the leg , if it was part of the match- they would have done some legwork.  (This is kinda bad on all four of them though- they should all know better)

Kane can always kidnap Nicki Bella and make her his wife..

Ugh. That would be like aiming for Eva Gabor and getting Zsa Zsa.

but Nicky as the evil Bella also opens the door to a skit where she goes undercover and Bryan doesn't realize he's with the evil Bella now

Because Bryan can't tell that his wife went from an a cup to a d cup over night?

• Like 2

Flair didn't seem drunk at all.  I'm not sure if some of you have ever been drunk.

He did look like a punch drunk old man out there doing his shtick, though, which is exactly what he is.  I'm assuming he turns on The Shield this weekend, leading to a ton of people fantasy booking Sting, who never shows.  

I've been drunk. Flair seemed drunk.

I was at Raw tonight.  The crowd seemed into it for the most part, but they weren't loud at all.  It was like an arena filled with thousands of shy kids who were watching intently, but quietly, scared that the cool kids would make fun of them if they cheered for the wrong person.  I don't know how it came off on TV, but it was fun.

Terrible. It came off terrible. I blame you.

(kidding)

• Like 1

Leaky bladder is nothing to joke about. Millions of men with slightly damp underwear and a musty aroma suffer every day.

That would make a great BNB segment. I'm afraid I've got some bad news... about leaky bladders.

• Like 1

Leaky bladder is nothing to joke about. Millions of men with slightly damp underwear and a musty aroma suffer every day.

That would make a great BNB segment. I'm afraid I've got some bad news... about leaky bladders.

Tony Siragusa would claim gimmick infringement.