DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Per the link I just posted - 3 teams have it left

OKC (Only Kevin Durant is eligible)

Atlanta (Only Al Horford is eligible)

Memphis (Only Mike Conley is eligible)

OKC - only if the GM has a stroke or KD pulls an OJ

Atlanta - Horford is the only maybe here since centers that alternate playing 70 & 15 games a season aren't exactly worth THAT much

Memphis - see OKC.  

I'd completely forgotten the Heat amnestied Mike Miller.   Speaking of which, Cleveland added Miller and James Jones this week. They're still working on Ray Allen, but he may just retire. 

I don't think that link is entirely accurate.  Perkins and Collison were both amnesty-eligible for OKC.

EDIT: Oh, that's people who are amnesty-eligible after next season.  Nevermind.

Sac'to trolling Fowler by renewing talks with the Pistons about a possible Josh Smith trade.

Seriously, if they want him, I can't imagine getting a deal done can be all that hard.  Ship him out cheap, give Monroe a big deal to stay, have cap room the next couple of summers.  Don't spend it on guys like Gordon, Charlie V, J-Smooth, or Brandon Jennings.  Suck less.

It's hilarious to see all the idiots out there screaming "but HOW ARE WE GOING TO DEVELOP RANDLE NOW!!!" Umm,,, by having him play against a veteran with a polished offensive skill set every day in practice?  

• Like 1

I still think Cleveland needs to try and throw every possible non Lebron/Wiggins/Irving offer they can at the Wolves first, but, man, from Grantland's "should they make this deal" article, this bit about Love last year put my jaw on the floor:

Last season, Love scored 2,010 points, pulled down 963 rebounds, and dished out 341 assists.

The list of players who have scored more than 2,000 points, grabbed more than 950 rebounds, and dished more than 300 assists in one season is as follows: Kareem six times (1969-70, 1971-72, 1972-73, 1973-74, 1975-76, 1976-77), Wilt Chamberlain twice (1963-64, 1965-66), Elgin Baylor twice (1960-61, 1962-63), Oscar Robertson (1961-62), Bob McAdoo (1975-76), Billy Cunningham (1969-70), Charles Barkley (1988-89), and Tim Duncan (2001-02).

I’d call that good company.

Sac'to trolling Fowler by renewing talks with the Pistons about a possible Josh Smith trade.

Seriously, if they want him, I can't imagine getting a deal done can be all that hard.  Ship him out cheap, give Monroe a big deal to stay, have cap room the next couple of summers.  Don't spend it on guys like Gordon, Charlie V, J-Smooth, or Brandon Jennings.  Suck less.

I think they want value for Smith instead of simply getting addition by subtraction.  Then, they can use the cap space over the next couple of summers to sign more guys like Jodie Meeks, DJ Augustin, and Caron Butler.

Boozer can put up points and rebounds, in a fairly loud manner, so I do think he's a decent pickup for them.  However, on paper, the Lakers' defensive potential does not look any better than it was last season, and it was awful last season.  Things will get interesting in their games if this holds up.

Plus, I know they signed a couple of PFs now, but who are their centers?