DVDVR Message Board

I'm not sure if it deserves it's own topic or not, and I probably won't watch the whole thing.  

Two things I noticed:

Hogan was really stoned.

Holy Fuck there is Sting.  Not like early 90s stinger, but like last week Sting.  First appearance on wwe tv(network)?  I missed raw on Monday, so I don't know if he was on there.

What makes it a disgusting tactic? I'm not starting an argument, just curious. I thought it was a pretty good special and am looking forward to the rest.

It could be seen as a way to draw people to the Network and get them to sign up if they're not already.  I think offspring was just trying to head off that idea, though

• Like 1

In the SNME match against Andre, Warrior starts choking Andre and they cut to several shots of the crowd. Why is that? I'm sure these were recently added shots to cover up the choking that was happening, but they didn't cut away when Andre was choking Warrior. Thought that was a weird edit

What makes it a disgusting tactic? I'm not starting an argument, just curious. I thought it was a pretty good special and am looking forward to the rest.

Yeah just what Mike said. I think it's cool that they're using the Network for this type of stuff myself.

This feels like it was a DVD they had in production and things changed after Warrior's death and, as noted, is a great way to honor his memory.

Seeing the All-Japan footage should give hope to those clamoring for the WCW/NJPW shows,

It could be seen as a way to draw people to the Network and get them to sign up if they're not already.  I think offspring was just trying to head off that idea, though

Meltz sure sees it that way:

"WWE is pushing its offerings this week as Warrior Week, with new shows airing Wednesday through Friday at 10 p.m. relating to Warrior. There are several new series’ starting this week on the WWE Network. There are a series of Roundtable shows on Ultimate Warrior, a documentary on Warrior’s return, and a four-part series on the fallout of WrestleMania as well as the heavily promoted Legends House.

The belief is also that with the death of Ultimate Warrior, and WWE pushing programming related to him, such as constant airing of WrestleMania VI, and doing a Warrior documentary and other shows devoted to him, that this is an unexpected time that they can boost viewers. Obviously they need that based on the stock dropping due to Wall Street for the most part being disappointed with the first announced figure."

Stuff like Warrior Week is exactly what I would want on the Network at times like this, awesome tribute for someone like Warrior. Been enjoying the classic matches. Tonight's special was really amazing, super well done. Loved all the behind the scenes looks, especially Warrior and Hogan meeting backstage and the Warrior/Vince moments. HHH & Vince were both great speaking about the Warrior, cool and emotional hearing HHH recall watching Warrior before he went on stage and telling him he made it all worth it. Sad but great documentary on Warrior's final weekend.

The Ultimate Legend doc was incredible. It was shockingly honest, and had the most cursing yet for a TV-PG show. Their goal was to tell his story and they did, and even left in things like Warrior clearly using Vince's own little quirks against him without Vince seemingly noticing. I liked seeing Warrior kind of getting the last laugh there, and Sting was quite good in his role as a talking head.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/warrior-week-ultimate-legend-documentary.html

Screens -
d0ff3e321424637.jpg

d9a700321424745.jpg

5d2afa321424822.jpg

b7cba1321424954.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/79imtum0v4xfm95lox53kub6f5eqq6ax

That really ranks with the best ESPN 30 for 30s and WWE put that together in what had to be less than a couple of weeks.  It's absolutely surreal that I pretty much watched that for free.  Once upon a time I would have paid some random dude $10 just for a show that had the Blade Runners on them.

Hindsight is 20/20, but man, watching Warrior over that weekend while he's beet red and sweating for no reason the whole time, I wish somebody had just asked him "Are you okay?"  And maybe they did, and maybe his family did and he ignored it, but any time he was walking, he just looked exhausted.  

The Vince-Warrior moments at the Hall of Fame were worth the entire subscription.

My god was tonight's special amazing. So shockingly genuine, brutally honest, and tremendously edited. The CM Punk doc was a great film, but this one is even better. It is shorter in length, but because there are so many more years of history, so much more never-before-seen footage, more interesting talking heads, and a much more dramatic story and ending--it is more interesting biographical piece.

By the way, the admiration Warrior has for Savage, and the unexpected reverence he has for Sgt. Slaughter was great.

The scene with Warrior giving Vince "The Little Engine That Could" was tremendous. Definitely got me a little choked up.

And hot damn, the Stinger was all over that documentary. He popped up on there as a talking head more than anyone but Vince and Triple H.

• Like 1

This feels like it was a DVD they had in production and things changed after Warrior's death and, as noted, is a great way to honor his memory.

Seeing the All-Japan footage should give hope to those clamoring for the WCW/NJPW shows,

From what I saw of the Tuesday special, most of this footage, besides the testimonials, was re-appropriated from The Ultimate Collection DVD and Blu-ray release.  It came out literally a week before Warrior died. 

For example, that DiBiase/Warrior match from Japan on there that was the favorite match from that random ESPN guy.  I sincerely  don't believe that was his favorite Ultimate Warrior match.  I think they were just trying to stick with the general match order of the DVD for the special.

I did like in the DVD that Warrior was especially complimentary of guys that supposedly didn't like him or he had beef with in the past, specifically Bobby Heenan, Rick Rude, Andre, etc.  Though it did seem like he made backhanded remarks toward Sting and Bret Hart.