DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/18/14

victor

It had to happen someday Torito vs Hornswaggle!:

* Dark match: Bo Dallas defeat a local indie wrestler. 

* Dark match: Titus O'Neil defeated local wrestler Cordell Walker. 

* SmackDown kicked off with an in-ring promo with Triple H. Triple H announces that Evolution will face The Shield at Extreme Rules. 

* Intercontinental Champion Big E defeated Alberto Del Rio by DQ. 

* It was announced that the Night of Champions pay-per-view will be held in Nashville on September 21st. 

* Paul Heyman comes out to the ring. Paul Heyman talks about Brock Lesnar ending The Undertaker's streak. This gets massive heat from the crowd. 

* Paige defeated Aksana via Scorpion Cross Lock. 

* Sheamus was interviewed backstage. 

* El Torito defeated Hornswoggle by pinfall. 

* Alexander Rusev defeated R-Truth by submission. Xavier Woods and Lana were at ringside. Woods hit the ring and attacked Rusev after the match but got squashed. 

* Fandango vs. Santino Marella is up next. Emma and Layla were at ringside. Santino wins with a roll-up. 

* Batista defeats Sheamus in a very physical match with the Batista Bomb to end SmackDown. 

* Fandango vs. Santino Marella is up next. Emma and Layla were at ringside. Santino wins with a roll-up. 

I was just thinking to myself "Man, I hope we get to see some combination of Santino vs. Fandango..."  Maybe if we're lucky, on Monday it will be Santino/Emma vs. Fandango/Layla...just spit-balling here...

• Like 3

For some reason, Hornswoggle was with 3MB last night on Main Event and it was awesome.

More actual midgets, less short fucks plz.

Man, they really screwed the pooch with Xavier Woods big time.

Something about the destroy a guy's heat to see if he will stick around or something. Such a bullshit excuse to them killing potential.

It's Xavier Woods...He's already reached his ceiling.

Anyway, I like that Rusev is getting the Brock Lesnar 2.0 push. Remember when Brock debuted and he destroyed the Hardy Boyz? I imagine that we'll get Rusev vs Truth of the Woods at Extreme Rules.

I love Rusev. He's a No Mercy CAW come to life. I just want to watch him STO dudes non-stop. 

Xavier Woods is what he is. He's a decent hand, at best, in the ring. He can speak a little bit but not well enough to justify any sort of real push. He's got a fun enough gimmick of 90s geek. And he's also a great guy to have go to events and get out in the media because of his academic pursuits.

But anything more than "interesting babyface jobber" is pushing it for him. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having that slot. The main shows need guys who can credibly put over guys they think can make some money at point. And if those guys can have an interesting character that kids or whoever will like, than even better.

I'd rather watch him than Justin Gabriel, for comparison. Justin's a more exciting in-ring wrestler but doesn't have any persona as a face. Xavier's at least got charm.

Sheamus doing a job is pretty unusual.  Maybe he really is going to turn heel soon.

I think it's more a matter of Sheamus being lost in the shuffle right now than being indicative of future plans.  Though there is definitely a ready-made feud with Bryan if he does turn:  "I beat you for the title in 18 seconds once, and I'm going to do it again."

Vordell getting a tryout is cool. If there's anyone left on the indies that I could see being a major star in the WWE, it's him.

Really?  I haven't seen him in years, but I thought he was too old to break out at this stage and way to short to make it in WWE.

He's definitely getting a little old but I always assumed he was around 6'2" or so. Maybe it's just because the indy nerds I always see him matched up against are like three feet tall.

I'm sure it was non-title. I understand championship defenses have quite a lot of paperwork.

It's taken Hornswoggle over 7 years and he still hasn't finished all of the proper title defense paperwork. Hopefully now that people realize that, they'll get off of Ambrose's back.

• Like 1

I'm sure it was non-title. I understand championship defenses have quite a lot of paperwork.

It's taken Hornswoggle over 7 years and he still hasn't finished all of the proper title defense paperwork. Hopefully now that people realize that, they'll get off of Ambrose's back.

It would probably be embarrassing how much I would mark out if Dean brought this up as a defense.  "When was the last time "Swoggs defended his title?!?!?"

The Paige match was easily the most exciting thing on the show for me. She really seems to have a natural talent for wrestling, the way she pays attentions to the details, perhaps the execution still isn't quite there but I can see her being a huge part of the Divas division for many years.

• Like 1

Hornswoggle-Torito and Batista-Sheamus were well worth watching. Rest of the show was stuff that happened, although Paige was given a nice showcase for her moves against Aksana - it definitely had me wanting to download a creation of her for 2K14 afterwards.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/sd-4-16-14.html

Screens -

b21e2d321555343.jpg

47a85a321555357.jpg

9a27da321555393.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/310x0cjpr0zlind7h3mfpuwdamoh5w88