DVDVR Message Board

Antacular is a socko account for Hoarkak?

Yeah, a socko for 10+ years. At that point, it's called just an "account."

That was probably me, with all three of my little ones losing complete control of themselves at various times during the movie. 

Fuck you (and anyone else for that matter) for bringing a bunch of tikes to a PG-13 movie. If your kids are too young to not understand that they shouldn't be blabbering during an entire film, then they're too young for that film in the first place. Isn't that why they release shit like Free Birds for?

Two of mine are pretty good, and they quieted after some stern looks.  My littlest one needed to be taken out when he got a bit too rowdy.  And then he was quiet after.  But they wouldn't have missed it for the world. 

That's also why we go to the movies Sunday morning, to avoid crowds.

"They wouldn't have missed it for the world." What type of sociopath are you? You do realize there are other people in the theater, right? We live in a society, people!

I'm a sociopath that likes to take my kids to the movies early on a Sunday morning as to avoid crowds.  I'm a sociopath that takes my kids out of the theater (and making myself miss the movie) if they act up.  I'm a sociopath that sits on the aisle seat so that if (and when) a little one needs to go to the bathroom, I can avoid having to walk past anyone. 

Of course, I could be a sociopath who says fuck you anonymously on a message board because of some feigned outrage that someone could have taken their kids to see Thor: The Dark World. 

WTF.

The fact that you completely gloss over the notion that a PG-13 movie might not be a fantastic setting for a bunch of hyperactive first graders is demonstrative enough of my point. But hey, Lil' Johnnys gotta see Thor, right?? Fuck Jerry and George and Elaine (and even Susan!) sitting three rows back. Why should THEIR movie experience matter so long as Lil' Johnny gets what he wants.

Antacular is the identical cousin to Andrew POE.  To deem someone a sociopath for something like that is too much, even by my standards.

Part of my job description includes making everyones day just a little more surreal.

Nah, if I was an asshole I'd say this stuff to the guy who brought his 4 kids (all under 7) to The Avengers, thereby letting his children know first hand what a schmuck their father is. But I'm a halfway decent person, so I spare the children that scene and conduct my outrage vicariously over the internet at a poster who engages in said behavior. Of course, if you appreciate loud underage audience members (AKA "children") who don't recognize the need for indoor voices while in a semi-mature audience film, then I could see where my posts would not do it for you. 

And if you happen to be an adult and talk in a movie at a level that others can hear you, well, fuck you too.

Antacular is the identical cousin to Andrew POE.  To deem someone a sociopath for something like that is too much, even by my standards.

Part of my job description includes making everyones day just a little more surreal.

The jobs of Supreme Surrealists have been filled by BLR and FSW.  Thank you for your application, and we will consider you for other positions as they become available.

*drops Antacular's resume into the shredder*

If you don't have kids, then shut the fuck up about parenting advise.  You ain't qualified.  And the world don't revolve around your world view.

Serisouly, you're a fucking dick.

The jobs of Supreme Surrealists have been filled by BLR and FSW.  Thank you for your application, and we will consider you for other positions as they become available.

Using ** to connote some imaginary internet action? Should we go into the old AOL nWo4life chatroomz and rollz teh dicez while we're at it?

If you don't have kids, then shut the fuck up about parenting advise.  You ain't qualified.  And the world don't revolve around your world view.

Serisouly, you're a fucking dick.

Telling someone that it's a bad idea to bring their first graders to a newly released PG-13 movie because it's disturbing to others in the audience isn't parenting advice, it's human advice.

Using ** to connote some imaginary internet action? Should we go into the old AOL nWo4life chatroomz and rollz teh dicez while we're at it?

I like stars.  I like you.  Let's get e-married!

*throws glitter in the air*

Yes, go ad hominem when the opposing party points out the fallaciousness of your own argument. Excellent.

My argument is that you're a raging asshole, and you prove that without my help.  No ad hominem.  My argument isn't a fallacy, its irrefutable.  I was just outright insulting you.

But thanks, I've had a pleasant evening, but this wasn't it.

Your argument was that telling a parent that bringing loud kids to a PG-13 movie is rude to other audience members constitutes parenting advice. Parenting advice would be "Thor is inappropriate for kids," "movie theaters aren't safe for children," "Aren't there better ways to raise your kids than sitting them infront of a screen?" If you don't understand the difference, well, that's a road I can't lead you down.

I don't know what me being an asshole has to do with your evening, but anything to save face I guess. Gotta look koolz in frontz of ur interwebz peerz~!

The commercials for the next episode crack me up. "This is a Level 8 secret!" It is my sincerest hope this is the start of a Dragonball Z-like escalation of secrecy levels. By season 3, it'll be like, "OH MY GOD, THIS SECRET IS LEVEL 23."

• Like 1

Continuing on the Marvel TV end of things...

If they're going for lesser known actors for these Netflix shows, I humbly submit Teddy Sears for Daredevil.

I don't think anybody else here watches it, but he is excellent as Dr. Langham on MASTERS OF SEX. Big, athletic guy with a strong jaw. Looks like a superhero. And a quick review of his IMDB shows that he's played a lawyer on several shows, so he fits that type, I guess.