DVDVR Message Board

Not the most acclaimed director being rumored for Strange.

Man, The Day the Earth Stood Still was absolutely awful. Thankfully the world isn't so crazy about Keanu Reeves anymore. I could totally see them casting Reeves as Doctor Strange, if they made this movie 5-6 years ago.

I did like Sinister, though, so I'm not too worried. James Gunn was also a pretty inspired choice to direct a Marvel movie.

Alternate Winter Solider and Falcon designs from Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=101233

We got the best versions in the film.

The gas mask design they used in the film probably works the best for movie purposes, but I kinda like the sniper "cyclops" mask.  Unique, memorable design.

So it looks like McKay really was being honest when he said he turned it down because he didn't have time, not for any other reason.

I have only seen one thing Reed has directed, and I will try not to let my overwhelming hatred of that movie color my opinion of this hire.  Key word is try

Bringing in McKay to do a rewrite on a studio picture is so weird. If there is one dude who is NOT known for turning in tight scripts, it's him. You would be better off hiring Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. My guess is that his "rewrite" is actually just punching up jokes, since one of Marvel's myriad alleged complaints about Wright's script was that there weren't enough "current cultural references."

For you fans of casting rumors, the first names coming out of the mill for the Sorcerer Supreme are Cumberbatch and Hardy.

I had been hearing Jared Leto though, though I have a had believing he'd wanna sign a 9-picture deal with his band and all.

I've never been all that enthusiastic about the Ant-Man project, but now I'm even less so.  But all that aside, I was never all that enthusiastic about Thor either.  But Tom Hiddleston really made that movie an experience for me.

• Like 1