DVDVR Message Board

There has never been an Ultron story that wasn't boring. Be it TV, or comics they have all made me want to fall asleep. 

Marvel this was the day you were suppose to ramp up the excitement for your films, but you fell under the weight of the Worlds Finest. For shame Marvel, for shame!

There has never been an Ultron story that wasn't boring. Be it TV, or comics they have all made me want to fall asleep. Marvel this was the day you were suppose to ramp up the excitement for your films, but you fell under the weight of the Worlds Finest. For shame Marvel, for shame!

You are the absolute worst. If you don't like the films, stay the fuck out of the thread. .
  • Like 1

Posted Image

HOLY SHIT...

...THE MARVEL SHIP IS ABOUT TO SINK.

Surprised by Ultron, always thought it would be Thanos because of his Avengers Assemble credits appearance.

AFAIK, the idea has always been to do a generational Ant Man story, with Hank in the past, and Scott in the present, with Hank as his mentor.

I like the sound of that, reminds me of The Mask of Zorro. I'm more familiar with Hank than Scott with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Reports about Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guadians of the Galaxy's showings at San Diego Comic-Con 2013. Tom Hiddleston was dressed as Loki!

The footage begins in the middle of a battlefield. The Warriors Three are among those fighting. The rainbow bridge appears and Mjolnir comes through first. It hits one of the opponent soldiers and Thor is right behind it. He slams it against the Earth and soldiers go flying. Sif saves Thor from a spear at the last second. Over the hill a giant monster who looks like he's made of clay approaches. He's huge and angry. Nearly 20 feet. "I accept your surrender," Thor grins. The beast refuses and Thor smashes him to pieces with the hammer. "Anyone else?" Thor asks. The Marvel logo comes up and we're in London. Jane Foster is there and Thor arrives via the bridge. "I gave you my word I would return for you," he says. We see Jane in Asgard, exploring the wonder of it all. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. Thor goes to Loki. He's get in a prison cell with a big glass panel in front. "After all this time, you come before me, brother?" says Loki, "Why? To mock?" Thor says he needs Loki's help. We see a hand reach for a broken mask, I believe it's Malekith. "Your bravery will not relieve your pain," a voice (I think Eccleston) says. "Your family and your world will be extinguished." Loki sets off with Thor, Jane, Sif and the Warriors Three for a mission. Jane looks at a monitor and says something about the fabric of reality being torn apart. Sif tells Loki that if he betrays Thor, she'll kill him. Jane marches right up and slaps Loki in the face. "That was for New York!" she says. "I like her," Loki grins. There's a final shot of Thor on the ground, hurt, with Loki standing over him. He kicks Thor directly in the face. Thor reaches for his hammer, but Loki kicks his hand away.

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

We open in an elevator. Cap is inside, looking out the glass window. I think we're in DC. We see him from behind. He's got the shield on his back like a backpack. He turns as more people (Frank Grillo among them) get on. His uniform is new. It looks a lot like the US Agent costume. The music is moody, like The Hunt For Red October. Cap looks Grillo up and down. He senses something isn't right. More people get on. Cap keeps looking at them. He notices many of them are armed. More and more get on with each floor. The elevator is packed. Cap takes another look at their guns. "Before we get started," he says, "Does anyone want to get out?" Grillo says something about it "not being personal" and a fight breaks out. It's a massive fight, mostly shot from above, in the confined space. Cap takes out every single guy. He kicks his shield, flipping it into his hand as he exits.

The Marvel logo comes up. We see Robert Redford in an office. He saying that he joined SHIELD to protect the world. "To build a better world sometimes means tearing the old one down," he says. "And that makes enemies." We see the Helicarrier flying. Lots of Black Widow action. Fury shaking hands with Redford. Fury is talking to Cap. "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime," Cap tells him. We see Mackie running from a futuristic helicopter. He leaps off a building and we see the Falcon wings come out! Cap on his motorcycle, fighting the helicopter. The helicarrier falling out of the sky in flames. The final shot is Cap's shield on the ground, A metal hand reaches down to pick it up, revealing the Winter Soldier.

We see a desolate alien world, where Peter Quill, aka Starlord, is going inside an ancient temple. He uses a light globe to illuminate the interior, and then goes to steal an old alien orb.

Some alien cops come in with big guns to stop him. "Drop it now," orders their leader, Borath (Djimon Hounsou). And he asks Quill who he is. "Starlord," he replies. "Who?" Borath asks. "Starlord, man. Legendary outlaw." Starlord is wounded. "Forget it."

Then we see someone activate a wrist transceiver, and we're in an alien prison, where five creatures have been arrested on Zandar. We see holographic "rapsheets" for all five of them — Drax the Destoryer, Gamora (Zoe Saldana), a personal death machine, Rocket Raccoon, who has over 50 charges of vehicular theft and escape from lockup, Groot, a houseplant/muscle, and then Starlord himself.

Rhomann Dey (John C. Reilly) narrates the whole thing with intense snark, especially when he gets to the part about how Peter Quill calls himself Starlord. Listening to this, Quill cranks up his middle finger as if he's working a creaky machine. Later, Quill is in prison and Drax is listening to his personal stereo, which is playing a bouncy "gamba gamba" tune. Quill is offended — and then he gets tased.

And then we saw a montage of tons of action footage, including a two-headed alien shooting a gun, a prison riot, tons of Gamora putting the smackdown on people, Rocket Raccoon shooting a big gun with a vicious look on his face.

The footage ends with John C. Reilly saying, "They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy. What a bunch of A-holes." And we see the five of them lined up, like the Usual Suspects.

Posted Image

YES!

Gamora looks kind of bad in that pic. Everyone else looks fine though I want Quill to wear the helmet/mask.

I'm pleased Ultron will be the next Avengers bad guy. I imagine that will be the film where they introduce Pym. Despite the subtitle, I doubt they are doing anything remotely close to Bendis's Age of Ultron. The story is too new and not well regarded.

I haven't read the AU story but reading the summary seems like it would be way too involved for a single 2-2.5 hour movie. Too many characters and too many story attributes that would need to be expanded upon for this film. I agree that it will most likely just be Age of Ultron in name only. Which I think is good because with the X-Men movie likely dealing with time travel doing that again so soon would be a bad idea

I understand it's a story from the comics, but that is a terrible title. For people who don't keep up with contemporary comics, those are just...three random words somebody slapped together. 

As long as the first word is "Avengers", it doesn't fucking matter.

I'm still pulling for Ultron to be a J.A.R.V.I.S. heel turn."You never listen to me Tony. Now do you hear me?"

I called Jarvis becoming Ultron years ago. And let's all mark out at the idea of a live version of "Ultron...we would have words with thee."