DVDVR Message Board

Now Marvel fans are concerned that American critics will trash the film and give it a lower RT score.

http://youtu.be/jnhbXERaq5A

I've wondered about that because Thor, The Amazing Spider-Man, Dredd, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel and Thor: The Dark World's Rotten Tomatoes ratings dropped when the American critics watched them. I think Captain America The Winter Soldier's rating will drop but not by much.

$75 million for The Winter Soldier's overseas box office for its opening weekend in international territories.

Cheers. Now we wait for the US box office to go with the continuing overseas box office for the overall total.

• Like 1

Saw the movie tonight.  Still digesting it, but I'd say it's Marvel's best film in phase 2 and quite possibly surpasses everything in phase 1 save for maybe Avengers.

I would get into a big debate on how this isn't pro-Neo Con propaganda blah blah blah, but doing so only validates further trolling.  So I will leave those debates for Big Fresh and his nemesis.

I like that there is payoff to things from other movies and even Agents of SHIELD here.  

• Like 1

Saw the movie tonight. Still digesting it, but I'd say it's Marvel's best film in phase 2 and quite possibly surpasses everything in phase 1 save for maybe Avengers.

I would get into a big debate on how this isn't pro-Neo Con propaganda blah blah blah, but doing so only validates further trolling. So I will leave those debates for Big Fresh and his nemesis.

I like that there is payoff to things from other movies and even Agents of SHIELD here.

Glad you liked it, TheVileOne. I had a difficult time ranking Avengers Assemble, Iron Man and Captain America: The Winter Soldier as I've seen the first two films more than any Marvel Studios film and Captain America: The Winter Soldier the once. I'll likely have to wait for its DVD release. I also agree this film will have consequences for future Marvel Studios films and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What was the crowd reaction to the Winter Soldier identity?

Watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, you can see why Marvel Studios was made up by it before its release and signing up the Russo brothers to return for Cap 3. You can also see why Ed Brubaker raved about the film also. Good seeing him in the film as he's the creator of the Winter Soldier storyline in the comics.

Sebastian Stan interview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51848

Also:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/01/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-international-differences

• Like 1

If you're avoiding Captain America: The Winter Soldier plot details, DON'T go on Rotten Tomatoes. One of the review blurbs has a big spoiler in it.

The spoiler is for those who have seen the film:

It's worth the price of admission just to hear Robert Redford croak "Hail, Hydra!"

Burt Burlingame, Honolulu Star-Advertiser

tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_250.gif

• Like 1

I'm going on Thursday with my girlfriend and buddies. We're all looking forward to it a lot, which is more than we could say for some of the other post Avengers movies. I'm also in the minority with my group for loving Guardians of the Galaxy. I still think that movie is going to make serious bank.

Gonna go see it on Thursday with a friend and his kids. Already planning a post-movie debrief on the dangers og the American War Machine and pro-war Republican propaganda in Hollywood.

I bet you're going to really like it. You would very much like the source material. Brubaker's Captain America run is down your alley.

Agents of SHIELD seems to really be doing a great job of dovetailing with Winter Soldier.  The level of urgency is high, and the cutesy character moments are rare.  For the first time, I'm actually a little more excited about SHIELD than Arrow.