DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-14-14

MGFanJay

I never saw Evolution as a grand, legendary wrestling stable so I haven't been jumping out of my seat for these teases of a reunion.  Yet, I enjoyed Triple-H delivering the "BELIEVE IN...EVOLUTION!" line way more than I care to admit in public.  Oh sweet, delicious double entendre.  You never betray me.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 6

Yeah - Mercury has been around for a bit now.

He pops up on camera every once in awhile - like he was the guy holding Triple H back when Hunter tried to rush the ring during the Yes Movement segment a little while back

THAT was Joey Mercury? Whoa.

I never saw Evolution as a grand, legendary wrestling stable so I haven't been jumping out of my seat for these teases of a reunion.  Yet, even I have to admit, I enjoyed Triple-H delivering the "BELIEVE IN...EVOLUTION!" line way more than I care to admit.  Oh sweet, delicious double entendre.  You never betray me.

LOL, that cracked me up too.  It made me imagine a gimmick for them as ass kicking scientists in lab coats who travel the country beating up creationists.   But then it all fell apart when I realized it would force the Shield to play the bible thumping religious zealot heels.  Even if Dean Ambrose as a psycho Sunday School teacher would totally rule...

• Like 1

You know Daniel Bryan has moved up in the world now that they're building up a throwaway challenger for his belt. Can't say I'm excited for "Kane is an evil monster again" Round 86, but Bryan gets to keep the gold and The Shield get the best combination of the authority to feud with too.

The Shield/Evolution thing was pretty good, but less impressive than it should have been due to the recent similar beatdown on SD and HHH's beatdown on Bryan. Guess we know the Shield's threshold is 5 on 3, once it gets past that, it's all over for them. Also would've thought "Believe in Evolution" would get major heat in Alabama.

Cena's promo was definitely not one of his better efforts, but I can't believe everyone's forgotten his genius opening line "The last thing I need is another push, no one wants to see that."

I never saw Evolution as a grand, legendary wrestling stable so I haven't been jumping out of my seat for these teases of a reunion.  Yet, even I have to admit, I enjoyed Triple-H delivering the "BELIEVE IN...EVOLUTION!" line way more than I care to admit.  Oh sweet, delicious double entendre.  You never betray me.

LOL, that cracked me up too.  It made me imagine a gimmick for them as ass kicking scientists in lab coats who travel the country beating up creationists.   But then it all fell apart when I realized it would force the Shield to play the bible thumping religious zealot heels.  Even if Dean Ambrose as a psycho Sunday School teacher would totally rule...

The Shield can play Bible-thumping religious zealot faces.

So does Evolution coming back kill the Emma-lution gimmick.  I say yes.  No way HHH let's her leech of their white hot heat brother.  

Staple her hands to her sides please. 

I believe in Evolution, which is surprising as a Christian Scientist. 

Wife (a non fan) made a great point while I was rewatching.

Evolutions music hits. I smile and explain why its a big deal.

She looks at me and says "Then why don't the commentary guys give a shit?"

And that right there is the difference between Michael Cole and Jim Ross. Jim Ross would have been throwing in a ton of THOSE ROTTEN SOB'S. Though that's just more the announcers being handcuffed and told stick to the script. NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT.

And that right there is the difference between Michael Cole and Jim Ross. Jim Ross would have been throwing in a ton of THOSE ROTTEN SOB'S. Though that's just more the announcers being handcuffed and told stick to the script. NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT.

Since the opposite of everything you say is true that must mean Cole actually was alright on Monday

Wife (a non fan) made a great point while I was rewatching.

Evolutions music hits. I smile and explain why its a big deal.

She looks at me and says "Then why don't the commentary guys give a shit?"

I feel like it also comes from the fact that Michael Cole's training is in news casting where you can't really show emotion. Whenever he tries to show emotion, it just comes across as fake.

What I love about Wyatt is they've positioned him as someone who truly does not care about whether he wins or loses matches. So, they have Cena come out bragging about how he won at WrestleMania and how Wyatt can't do anything on his own. And Wyatt couldn't care less. His only goal is to screw with Cena's head.

It's hard to complain about HHHs position on the card  because he's one of the only heels getting heat.

The elephant  in the room is that in the age of a roster full of superworkers, Batista current wrestling style sticks out like a sore thumb and the audience just does not want to see it. When you factor in how stale and weak Orton has looked over the past 6 months you can't blame the audience for not giving a flying you know what for the Evolution return.

Barrett v. Ziggler stood out on this show and the crowds reaction should be a message to what kind of action the audience wants to see. Barrett still using black hole slam as just another move bugs me.

Paige v. Fox definitely felt like something different. I watched it. Which says a lot for a woman's match.

What I love about Wyatt is they've positioned him as someone who truly does not care about whether he wins or loses matches. So, they have Cena come out bragging about how he won at WrestleMania and how Wyatt can't do anything on his own. And Wyatt couldn't care less. His only goal is to screw with Cena's head.

It's hard to complain about HHHs position on the card  because he's one of the only heels getting heat.

The elephant  in the room is that in the age of a roster full of superworkers, Batista current wrestling style sticks out like a sore thumb and the audience just does not want to see it. When you factor in how stale and weak Orton has looked over the past 6 months you can't blame the audience for not giving a flying you know what for the Evolution return.

Barrett v. Ziggler stood out on this show and the crowds reaction should be a message to what kind of action the audience wants to see. Barrett still using black hole slam as just another move bugs me.

Paige v. Fox definitely felt like something different. I watched it. Which says a lot for a woman's match.

Orton has been much, much, MUCH improved over the last couple months.

I really don't like that he's called Dave Finlay in the script.

That seems...irrational.

I thought it was funny some agents use their real name ans some use their gimmick name

The guys who use their gimmick name are guys whose ring name sounds like a normal first and last name. The person who types out the scripts probably wants to know why they can't just call him Johnny Ace.

Orton vs. Cena is dull as dishwater. That's not really their fault. It just that anything that those guys can do has been done already.

Orton vs. anyone else has been great. Weirdo entitled Orton is the best version of Orton.