DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/11/14

victor

Looks like a good show. Don't know what to think about Cesaro.

*Dark Match: Sheamus defeated Titus O'Neal

* Dark match: Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeat 3MB. 

* John Cena kicks off SmackDown and talks about WrestleMania XXX. He says it's an exciting time to be part of WWE. He says the future is now and he is the measuring stick of this business. The Wyatt Family interrupts on the big screen. Bray Wyatt says he can't feel pain and if he lost, why can't he stop smiling. Bray cuts a great promo and says he will get extreme and this is just the beginning. 

* Big Show vs. Cesaro is up next. Paul Heyman comes out and says there is officially no more doubt that he is the greatest manager of all time. He introduces Cesaro, who comes out to no music. They walk to the ring and we get the bell. The match starts slow as Heyman goes on commentary and Cesaro is using some noticeable heel tactics such as leaving the ring, huddling with Heyman and a thumb to the eye. This isn't Cesaro's normal type of exciting match, but look at the opponent. Just as Cesaro was going for the Swing, Jack Swagger came out and put the ankle lock on Cesaro. The bell rings and Cesaro wins by DQ. Show throws Swagger out of the ring and then Cesaro attacks Show from behind. Cesaro struggles a lot but successfully hits Show with the Neutralizer. 

* Ryback and Curtis Axel defeated Los Matadores in a quick match. 

* Rob Van Dam cuts a babyface promo before defeating Damien Sandow. 

* Hulk Hogan comes out and cuts a promo on WrestleMania XXX. He brings out Daniel Bryan to a big pop. Bryan talks about winning the titles and getting married later this week. Bryan talks about being a fan of Hogan and asks that Real American be played. Hogan and Bryan celebrate to Hogan's music as the crowd pops. 

* Bad News Barrett defeated Kofi Kingston. 

* Fandango with Layla defeated Santino Marella with Emma. Fandango has officially dumped Summer Rae and is now with Layla. Layla taunted Emma at ringside. 

* The Usos and Daniel Bryan wrestled Kane, Batista, and Randy Orton to a double count out. After the match, The Shield came out and scared off Batista and Orton, but Kane came from behind with a chair. Before he could hit a member of The Shield, Daniel hits him with a high knee. The Shield and Bryan celebrated. 

Layla in little dresses is a good thing, but I hope Summer Rae doesn't go!

I'm hoping she brings the BFFs (Beautiful Fierce Females) to Raw/Smackdown.  Summer Rae is much better as bitchy Mean Girl heel, rather than dance partner.

So I would think the reaction Cesaro got upon winning the Andre Battle Royal would be a wakeup call to the WWE to turn him face, but I guess it wasn't. I also think having him team with the Big Show as a Cesaro-Show team against Swagger and whoever they can find (ADR?) would work too. More than likely, the crowd will chant for him anyway and boo Heyman until he turns on Heyman too.

The Fandango & Summer Rae act may be no more.  That has been expected for some time, particularly when she got new entrance music, and she was in line for a big push and he wasn't.

Or at least it seems that way as he wrote on twitter to her character, "Did you get my text?  It's not me.  It's you.  It's over."

Per Meltzer

He may not be really good in ring but Fandango sure knows how to work the gimmick.  For someone who gets nothing to do, he seems to still be putting effort into his interactions.

He may not be really good in ring but Fandango sure knows how to work the gimmick.  For someone who gets nothing to do, he seems to still be putting effort into his interactions.

I remember Curtis saying in an interview that basically he wasn't really thrilled at the idea of the character but realized that this might be his last shot and so he needed to fully embrace the role and that once he did he started getting reactions, etc... and was able to build it into something.

What's the general word on the douchiness of these spoilers?

Douchiness free, my good sir.

Sounds like a fun show. I especially want to see the interaction between The Wyatts and Cena..and the main event sounds boss.

Layla and Fandango could be interesting together. Hopefully, this is a sign of Sasha and Charlotte coming up to join Summer

They've just debuted Emma and Paige. Debuting two more divas in such a short timespan is probably a bit much.

I could see them pairing up Summer Rae with Adam Rose, once he makes his debut. Fandango would probably make for a good first midcard feud for Rose.

Or they're just getting Summer Rae ready for a feud with Paige. Everyone who watches NXT knows, these two can have good matches with each other.

Nothing too amazing on the show other than the Hogan-Bryan stuff. That was an absolute blast, and I love that in a week, we've had Hogan put over Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castignoli huge during the week of WrestleMania.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gyobtlve7rzffp3xap230uujumj1uoua

Screens -

78b757320183133.jpg

fd7f49320183136.jpg

646505320183332.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gyobtlve7rzffp3xap230uujumj1uoua

I just skimmed through this episode. There's some really fun stuff.

Cesaro/Show was a pretty interesting match. Show was in control most of the match but Cesaro kept on going back to his sleeper hold. I don't know if it will be on the actual version, since I watched on Daily Motion and the feed was weird, but that was per Heyman's instructions to "take his air." From a kayfabe strategy point of view, that was a really smart decision, if not the most exciting. Swagger did his run-in into the ankle lock right when Cesaro was about to do The Swing. Show got up and laid out Swagger, only to meet an uppercut (I think) and it ending with a Neutralizer that was pretty nuts. I love that Cesaro hasn't hit the swing once since being dubbed The King Of Swing. The payoff when he hits it on Show is going to be terrific.

The Cena promo was a fun John face spot. He put over pretty much everyone and everything since WrestleMania (including Paige, Cesaro, Lesnar, The Shield) but talked about how he was still the measuring stick. We then had a GLURRRRTTT leading to another Wyatt promo. Bray finally sees that Cena isn't this empty shell of corporatism. He saw it in Cena's eyes. He sees in Cena's eyes what he sees in his -- the good, the bad, and all points in between. "I see dreams you haven't dreamed and planets you haven't discovered. I SEE MIRACLES! My mind is endless and I... am... free." Oh, and also in this, Bray also hints at whatever tragic childhood he had while also mocking Cena's Never Give Up stuff -- "I don't feel pain. I... I'm different. And we should celebrate our differences, right, kids?" Bray knows the monster lurks within John's soul and needs to go to new extremes to unleash it. It ends with him singing "He's got the whole world in his hands."

I loved Raven back in the day, when he'd say his friggin' Patrick Swayze in Point Break guru stuff while hinting at the pain of his childhood and Tommy Dreamer's betrayal. Bray's about 50,000,000 times better than Raven. And I loved Raven. This is next level stuff.

The Hogan/Bryan segment wasn't much besides Hulk Hogan doing the YES! chant and Bryan getting just as big -- if not a bigger -- pop than friggin' Hulk Hogan.

The final match was a lot of fun. Jimmy Uso (I think?) has his ribs bandaged from taking the powerbomb on the steps on Raw. The heels target that. Bryan and Jay do great apron work while the veteran heels just go after the ribs in a bunch of cut-off spots. JBL puts over Randy's ring presence in this, as Orton always stays between his opponent and the corner -- like a defender in basketball, who should always stay between his man and the hoop. Awesome. Bryan gets the tag, does his comeback, fun dive sequence before it the ref tosses the match due to losing control on the floor. The heels have advantage in the brawl. Kane's about to take out Bryan through a table when The Shield show up (without SIERRA!) and take him out as Batista and Orton bail.

Seth stood on the rope right after the triple powerbomb and yelled at Orton and Batista. "THIS IS YOUR FUTURE!" It's here.

That was great. I love Fandango so much, everyone knows the gimmick is absurd but he's putting so much into it that it's awesome. I can't think of any scenario in which Layla wouldn't be an immense upgrade over Summer. In keeping with theme from the board the last week or two, if you told me 10 years ago a guy with a ballroom dancer gimmick would be in my top 5 favorite WWE guys I would've been incredulous.

• Like 1