DVDVR Message Board

Journey to WrestleMania - Daniel Bryan

MGFanJay

This was easily the best documentary WWE has produced since the Punk one, and their most impressive production overall given that the historic events in it WERE TWO FRICKIN DAYS AGO. Loved seeing so much ROH love on it, although ROH's crappy production really stuck out when they showed TWA footage that honestly looked worlds better.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/journey-to-wrestlemania-daniel-bryan.html

Do not fuck with this man.
5b9c9c319640959.jpg

e4b15a319640956.jpg

6b257e319640347.jpg

807e9f319641393.jpg

6f38be319641728.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/upf3cnxjcnhtb0hbki56l57ihxvqgvsa

Loved this and hopefully it's included whenever they decide to release Bryan's first big DVD/Blu-ray. Love the guy, such a humble and likeable person and an amazing story.

And as a filmmaker/producer myself i'm amazed at the quality of something that was done so fast.

Some of my favorite parts were seeing Rocky and Cesaro hugging Bryan backstage, Bryan and Regal talking before the show and the huuuge smile in Seth's face when Bryan came back with both belts in hand. This type of footage is easily my favorite BTS stuff.

It was going good until Brie Bella popped on. I lost interest and turned it off. I will try to watch it later when its ON-Demand and I can fast-forward through her parts. Brie Bella aside, it looks good.

She was perfectly fine in this doc. You have emotional issues. 

• Like 8

Yeah, I mean, Brie wasn't breaking down Ring of Honor footage or anything. She was telling the world how much she loved him and how good of a guy he is. I loved the scene of Cena and him talking, which was clearly completely staged. 

ROH has done stuff with WWE before, but in the back of my mind it's still so weird seeing Bryan in ROH for a WWE documentary.  Really loved the documentary.  I actually liked Brie's segments.  She's the supportive soon-to-be wife and of the twins is the more likeable by far.  Obviously Punk would have been great in this so it sucks he's not part of it.  It's amazing that he not only is not phased by being a celebrity but actually feels guilty for it.  Humble guy to the core.

Excellent production. Loved the behind the scenes footage shown in it as well as the old ROH clips with Rollins and Cesaro talking. Great stuff and put together impressively quick to include all the WM footage. Really been enjoying catching the DVD documentaries in the "Beyond the Ring" series and this was fantastic.

Brie Bella seems like a really fucking great girlfriend.

Totally. The look of pride in her eyes every time she watched Bryan was really sweet. I liked how Cena came off as this crazy, stoic "Love your family, brother" dude was hilarious. I'd have liked to think that he and Bryan huddle around a BBQ at Cena's house and talk about sport.

My wife watched it with me, and she knows that he's a big deal when it comes to wrestling circles, but really freaked out when they showed the soccer team and basketball team doing the "yes" chant. She smiled rather large and looked at me and said "he's a big fucking deal!".

My wife is not Joe Biden.

Also, Brie Bella seems like an awesome girlfriend. Her cheering the wins backstage was pretty human and great.

Hope they upload it for On-Demand soon. I missed the live airing and really want to check this out.

Same here.  I wondered how it was going to be presented, but if it is like the Punk documentary.  I can see myself enjoying it immensely

Another one of my favorite moments was when Brie talked about winning the Diva's title on RAW and feeling bad because Bryan was hardly on TV at the time. Really puts in perspective his amazing rise to the top in just a few years.

Brie Bella seems like a really fucking great girlfriend.

Totally. The look of pride in her eyes every time she watched Bryan was really sweet. I liked how Cena came off as this crazy, stoic "Love your family, brother" dude was hilarious. I'd have liked to think that he and Bryan huddle around a BBQ at Cena's house and talk about sport.

From my personal experience with Cena, he was always like that. 

Just finished the documentary.  I am amazed that it came out that quick given the turnaround from WM 30, The Network was on point with this.    I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I am even going to show it to my "reluctant to admit she likes wrestling" girlfriend.  I think she will enjoy it as well.