DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

It's a seminar with THE PROMISE OF A TRYOUT FOR DOUBLE J'S MAJOR PROMOTION.

Not saying it's some new thing that's never happened in indy wrestling, but it's the equivalent of paying a few hundred bucks for a MAJOR CASTING DIRECTOR SHOWCASE in Los Angeles and it's super gross. Like, totes gross. Grossamundo. 

You know what, you're absolutely right.

I've changed my mind.  GFW is totes going to be a HUGE SUCCESS and beat Raw in the ratings  and you're going to see kids everywhere wearing Jeff Jarrett t-shirts and we're going to experience a new WRESTLING BOOM because damn it all, this time Jarrett knows what he's doing!!!1!11!!1!!1!1!!!!!!1!!

Better?

Wow. Burying an idea before its even started!! How fresh and original!! Your cynicism is beyond witty.

Keep up the good work!!

YOU ARE MAKING INTERNET HISTORY!!!!!

Double J, is that you?

No just someone who will at least give something a chance,but sadly I lack the gift of clairvoyance of apparently most everyone.

In fact I can't believe you guys aren't operating your own promotion,because clearly you have the answers.

I am humbled by your knowledge.

No just someone who will at least give something a chance,but sadly I lack the gift of clairvoyance of apparently most everyone.

In fact I can't believe you guys aren't operating your own promotion,because clearly you have the answers.

You know, I'm willing to give this thing a fair shot because why the hell not? But I don't think you can really be surprised at people being reasonably sceptical about a new promotion from the guy who gave us TNA. And I'm sure if there cynicism is misplaced they will be happy to be proven wrong because they are fans of good wrestling. So fuck it, a bit of snark before hand is harmless, don't get so wound up.

What a fucking rube.

You know, I'm willing to give this thing a fair shot because why the hell not? But I don't think you can really be surprised at people being reasonably sceptical about a new promotion from the guy who gave us TNA. And I'm sure if there cynicism is misplaced they will be happy to be proven wrong because they are fans of good wrestling. So fuck it, a bit of snark before hand is harmless, don't get so wound up.

This is a thoughtful comment. 

What a fucking rube.

This is what I was actually thinking.

• Like 4

I'll happily give it a shot when there's something there. I actually want this to succeed because more competition and more wrestling is a good thing.

But so far it's just a website that sells merchandise, and some videos of JJ walking the Earth, which puts it roughly on par with Jeff Katz's promotion.

Well how else are they going to start up? I hope this succededs like a motherfucker. My overall sarcastic point is lets not be to quick to bury it. Yes it has the potential to fail miserably,but at least let it try. But it seems to be more important for a bunch of guys that haven't done shit to mock it on a fucking message board.

That's noble.

Yes, we're mocking it, and we will continue to do so until such a time that it does something that is worthy of not being mocked.

I mean, seriously, we are the people who are going to watch this if/when it actually becomes a company and not a website.  And if it's good, we'll keep watching it.

Right now, it has a silly name, a horrible logo, and...  Apparently a database?  And it's from the guy who launched TNA, which has been incredibly worthy of being mocked since day one. 

But, hey, we don't live up to your standard of nobility, so I guess we should all go cry in a corner, or maybe commit seppuku.

Right now, it has a silly name, a horrible logo, and...  Apparently a database?  And it's from the guy who launched TNA, which has been incredibly worthy of being mocked since day one. 

How soon will we get factions fighting over the database?

• Like 1

That's true.

Negativity is the internet way.

Good point.

I am sure all of you know better.

Keep up the idea that internet folk are the true judges of what should happen in wrestling.

And don't worry about looking defensive,because obviously you have better ideas to keep wrestling to evolve.

Jeff's goal for TNA was for it to reach the LOFTY HEIGHTS OF LATTER-DAY WCW. GFW's goal is to be a ZZZZ-level reality show mixed with a wrestling show that strives to reach the Puppet-like heights of TNA.

Come on, man. Promoters have been running these kind of hustles for years. You're better than this. This is a good old fashioned return to the "Let's take money off idiots" school of wrestling promotion and I, for one, fully support it.

If only you could make quick, hard cash from Twitter, I bet there'd be a hashtag with all of this too.