DVDVR Message Board

Post WrestleMania XXX RAW.

The Natural

I am happy I did both RAW and Mania in New Orleans this weekend. Those two crowds were just amazing, and I thought this crowd did a better job of being hot and vocal while also falling within WWE's narrative, which shows that creative was prepared, and they knew they were dealing with a less enraged and bored crowd. Plus, is there a better guy to handle a crowd's anger at something than Paul Heyman? That was seventh degree black belt heel promoing to the point that you had to start popping for what he was doing mid-way through.

I need to decompose and then I might write down some live thoughts for both shows later. 

Also, that will probably be the loudest pop the Diva's division gets for another two years. 

• Like 1

Batista has always looked lost vs. anyone not HHH or Eddie. As a fan of his first run it was one of his subtle charms on account of his late career start. Now that's he's parachuted back into the main event with a Gracie logo on his tush it's kind of unbearable.

Benoit also. Batista's first breakout performance was against Benoit on Raw when Batista was still in Evolution.

Batista has always looked lost vs. anyone not HHH or Eddie. As a fan of his first run it was one of his subtle charms on account of his late career start. Now that's he's parachuted back into the main event with a Gracie logo on his tush it's kind of unbearable.

Benoit also. Batista's first breakout performance was against Benoit on Raw when Batista was still in Evolution.

Benoit must almost be completely decomposed by now.

• Like 2

If Benoit hadn't been cremated, he probably wouldn't be almost completely decomposed by now. A properly embalmed body in a sealed casket and vault protected from the elements can last longer than seven years. My inspiration to get into the funeral business? The Undertaker and Paul Bearer, of course.

• Like 2

I need to decompose and then I might write down some live thoughts for both shows later.

Say what now?

I think he means decompress :P

You never know.  He could have brought some of that zombie voodoo shit back with him from NOLA.

Or I could be just exhausted after driving 5 1/2 hours back home. Oops.

If Benoit hadn't been cremated, he probably wouldn't be almost completely decomposed by now. A properly embalmed body in a sealed casket and vault protected from the elements can last longer than seven years. My inspiration to get into the funeral business? The Undertaker and Paul Bearer, of course.

Actually, with some people being buried in heavily sealed caskets and vaults, natural decompositon is greatly compromised.  The body could as easily putrefy as it releases gases and fluids.

The Taker matches were good as well.

I thought his final series with Cena was also pretty damn good.

Raw capped off an amazing weekend. So much to get excited for: Bryan, Wyatts, Shield, Paige...THE NEW HEYMAN GUY.

Cesaro has this certain quality to connect and empathise with him. Maybe it's because he does most of his talking through his actons in the ring and just seems to delight in competition, overcoming challenges and being the best. Kind of like what Cena says he is, but spends so long telling us that it overshadows virtues of the actions themselves. Maybe it's because more often than not you can see the smirk and the look in his eyes that suggests he's loving every minute of being there. Maybe it's the mindblowing stuff he does in the ring plus the other countless arguments in the March Madness threads.The pieces are almost in place for him to explode as a face.

I know I felt so sorry for the guy when he was just crestfallen but in a classy understated way, staring down from the ring at his crowning glory, smashed to bits by his jealous former buddy.

I also haven't heard it mentioned in the WM thread or here about the German interview that Cesaro did with Hogan following the announcement of the ARMBAR.

At the time when it was released, we thought that glance to the camera after Hulk say 'I know you've got a lot on at Wrestlemania, brother' was simply a sarcastic, 'yeah right. The pre-show tag. I've got PLENTY on...'. Did he already know he was going to win at that point?

I thought his final series with Cena was also pretty damn good.

My point has been shoulder struck to pieces  :/

The Undertaker feud from 2007 was Batista's best series of matches.

Yo.. this was on some Dragonball Z shit. I mostly skipped through until the Shield appeared, but that segment was really boss.

Also I kind of like Dave & Randy, boring tattooed dudes who go around being dicks. It's weird to see the big beefy dudes in such generic, bland bit parts and all these former indy greats with indy bodies actually closing Raw and getting the big pop, though. It's not gonna make me watch WWE any more than I do, but it's nice to register.

• Like 1

So, thinking about Bryan and the Shield vs Kanevolution, this thought just occurred to me. Russo tried repeatedly to do an "old guard vs new breed" angle, first in WCW and later in TNA. Is WWE just about to actually do it right for a change?

I was thinking about that too, and this definitely looks like the best shot for one of those angles to work. The young guys are all cool, likable faces, and the old guys are heels that no one actually wants to see.

The Millionaire's Club vs. The New Blood was doomed from the beginning since the MC were booked as the faces (still one of the most mind boggling booking decisions in wrestling history imo)

The Front Line vs. The Main Event Mafia almost worked, but the heels were a little too cool and the faces weren't booked strong often enough, because TNA was going with Angle as the ace.

The New Breed vs. ECW Originals had the same face/heel dynamic problem as the Millionaire's Club vs. The New Blood, but it was slightly more understandable since ECW nostalgia was high at the time and, outside of Burke, the New Breed all sucked.

Nexus vs. WWE establishment was doomed with the unquestioned ace Cena being on the establishment side. The face/heel dynamic was the least offensive "young guys as heels" booking of the lot, but they had to lose and most of them weren't any good anyway.

With Bryan as the ace and The Shield all poised to be major players, and Orton as the only guy on the heel team that will still be a factor in a couple years, there shouldn't be any hesitation for the new generation guys to be booked strong and go over decisively in the end.

• Like 1