DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

I already posted this elsewhere but please allow me to do so again as it's fitting for this topic.

It hurts it that the Mark Henry picture isn't from the actual Mania match but a Raw by the looks of it.

Pretty sure it's from an Unforgiven PPV (2007?). You can see the beginning of the word "Unforgiven" on the right edge of the photograph.

EDIT: Cory Paul beat me to the punch.

I need more likes.....STAT!

I was cringing while reading some of the comments at the bottom of the Yahoo article on the streak.  People like this actually exist.  People want to kill Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon.  So weird.  

Sadly it's still real to them dammit!

Some guys on my Facebook went totally crazy when it happened so I, of course, had to reply that Taker deserved to lose for 25 years of disrespecting the WWE microphones.

Optimus Prime's first death.

The revealing of the final five on BSG.

Undertaker's streak ending.

It's kinda like that.

(yes I realize there are some better examples of just shattering moments, but these were off the top of my head)

• Like 1

Hogan's been fucking up promos for 5 years. He even fucked up his return promo a couple months ago. Doing it at WM isn't a surprise.

I am amazed it's even a discussion that sometimes people misspeak and then correct themselves, followed by good natured ribbing from buddies. It was planned? Seriously?

Between that and people still talking about Sting and Taker fighting NEXT YEAR for an AARP Membership On A Shoulder Height Pole match, I'm getting pretty worried.

Hogan's been fucking up promos for 5 years. He even fucked up his return promo a couple months ago. Doing it at WM isn't a surprise.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't trust him to talk very long, given how quickly Austin came out.

I am amazed it's even a discussion that sometimes people misspeak and then correct themselves, followed by good natured ribbing from buddies. It was planned? Seriously?

It's not actually a discussion.  I made one post saying it was scripted, then another post explaining why I thought that, because someone asked where the idea came from.  Looks like everyone else disagrees, which is fine.

1982158_701450463244462_5074052732513057

If Batista won would we have gotten some shitty tribal tattoos on it?

When Batista wins, will we get shitty tribal tattoos on it? Far more relevant question.

Also, I had never noticed the tats on Buttista's back that look like pus-filled blisters. Last night, that's about all I kept noticing about him.

Taker losing completely silenced the people at my house. So crazy. I was halfway paying attention to the match, just waiting for the ending run. I was shocked. 

The people with me, and the crowd in the building, all had a similar reaction. It was a reaction i had seen one time before. When Owen fell. 

1982158_701450463244462_5074052732513057

If Batista won would we have gotten some shitty tribal tattoos on it?

Batista's belly button tattoo was the focus of the central X in the WMXXX stage, like Undertaker's symbol, so maybe it'd be that?

Amongst lots of things worth talking about, I would just like to give a note of praise to Rev Theory's performance of Voices.

Having heard at WrestleMania so many poor live music performances - forgotten lyrics, bad sound mixes, mumbling singers, microphone volume issues, etc etc - they really nailed it exactly right and made Randy's entrance feel like a big deal. The big deal he needed, as the overlooked champ going into this.

I do think it would have been cool if they had kept Brock undefeated heading into the match with Taker.  I can understand that POV.  Hindsight is 20/20 and all that jazz though.  I'm sure they didn't think they would have Lesnar take out Taker's streak when he came back.

Edited by _MJ_

Amongst lots of things worth talking about, I would just like to give a note of praise to Rev Theory's performance of Voices.

Having heard at WrestleMania so many poor live music performances - forgotten lyrics, bad sound mixes, mumbling singers, microphone volume issues, etc etc - they really nailed it exactly right and made Randy's entrance feel like a big deal. The big deal he needed, as the overlooked champ going into this.

I know Voices is just generic bro metal crap, but for some reason I really dig the song.

The unplugged version they were using on some video packages the last couple of weeks was really good.  Wouldn't mind getting a full version of it.

I know Voices is just generic bro metal crap, but for some reason I really dig the song.

The unplugged version they were using on some video packages the last couple of weeks was really good.  Wouldn't mind getting a full version of it.

I also didn't know that Corey Graves sang for Rev Theory.