DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

I really have no problem with Lesnar beating Undertaker. I think someone like Roman Reigns beating Undertaker at this point could be a make or break moment or burden to his career that he doesn't need. If Bryan had done it this year, people might have hated him for it. Fans were going to get angry and ticked off about this no matter what, so it's better it was someone like Lesnar.

I posted the question earlier in the thread wondering if even Daniel Bryan as popular as he is would have had backlash to ending The Streak. The match ending and everything after that won't be forgotten.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/30/daniel-bryan-wrestlemania-diary/day-6-26218433

Bryan's fur lined boots were an homage to Bruiser Brody.

Diary_04062014rf_0375.jpg

That's him and Regal right?

Yes.

tumblr_n3n56h29Hb1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

• Like 1

OK so he loses the streak to Sting?  Another old part-timer who will be pushing 60 by that point?  Sorry, but no.  Flat no.

See, I always thought Sting would be the perfect guy to break the streak. Of course, I was using comic book logic to justify it.

It's like Doomsday killing Superman. Comic fans bitched about a brand new character coming out of nowhere to kill Supes instead of Brainiac or Bizzaro or Luthor. And the logic was "Those guys have tried to kill him 246 times, why would they succeed on try 247?"

Same thing with Sting. Taker has wrestled and beaten everybody on the WWE roster. So instead of one of them getting lucky and finally succeeding, it makes perfect sense for the one guy who was never in the WWE, the one guy who Taker has never seen up close and personal to come out of nowhere and beat him.

• Like 2

2.) Brock's invincibility was obliterated at Extreme Rules 12 and they did nothing to help him recover with the HHH feud. He became a monster with more bark than bite. This is the reset of the mess they made.

Why do people keep saying this? Cena has been booked as an invincible GOAT candidate who got decimated and resorted to a desperate shot with a chain to steal a win. Triple H had his arms broken by the fella.

What ACTUALLY hurt his credibility was the CM Punk feud. With Heyman having to interrupt to save his hide on many occasions after Punk had basically destroyed him clean.

Because in order for Brock to be booked effectively he does not lose. When he does lose, it does not matter how much offense he got in or how many objects he threw in the leadup, he's just another guy who trades wins/losses.

Cena has not been booked as invincible. His whole gimmick is that he is not invincible and he overcomes the odds due to (ahem) hustle, loyaly and respect. . There's a difference. That's why Brock spends most of his matches on offense and Cena spends most of his matches selling.

I posted the question earlier in the thread wondering if even Daniel Bryan as popular as he is would have had backlash to ending The Streak. The match ending and everything after that won't be forgotten.

I think that's possible.  And I don't think that was worth the risk.  I saw HBK/Undertaker live at WrestleMania 25 and I for a second thought after HBK kicked out of the last ride and the tombstone that maybe it would happen.  And I was excited because I would've loved to have seen HBK do it.  HBK doing it, fans wouldn't have hated him because he's HBK I think.  Bryan as much as we all love Bryan isn't really HBK's level yet.  I think the streak was so beloved that that no matter who ended, even it was say HBK, there would've been backlash though.  Even though this is a pre-determined, fake sport people actually got behind and believed in this unbeaten streak like it was real and it could never be broken.  

In terms of matches this show wasn't the best, but in terms of moments it is one of my favorite WrestleManias.  

OK so he loses the streak to Sting?  Another old part-timer who will be pushing 60 by that point?  Sorry, but no.  Flat no.

Same thing with Sting. Taker has wrestled and beaten everybody on the WWE roster. So instead of one of them getting lucky and finally succeeding, it makes perfect sense for the one guy who was never in the WWE, the one guy who Taker has never seen up close and personal to come out of nowhere and beat him.

True but Taker had never beaten Brock and still hasn't.

HHH vs Bryan was so fantastic. The pre-match DBryan video package. The awesome HHH entrance. The movez, Steph, the ending. It's right there with the Shield vs Wyatt 6-man for me as MOTY.

Even cooler is how this booking is hopefully leading to Brock vs DByan.

No fucking way Hogans Silverdome fuck ups were scripted. What an old putz.

Any word on what Mick, Dewey, and Noelle thought of the show? WE NEED TO KNOW!!!!

No TVs were harmed in the watching of this Wrestlemania.

Man Stephanie has become so awesome, she was totally channeling Brell from No Holds Barred with her facial expressions...

Damn it. I am out of likes.