DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

Steph was looking hot tonight

I find Stephanie really attractive but tonight she was dressed like a flight attendant.  From the waist up, anyway.  From the waist down......well, leather shorts shouldn't really be loose, in my opinion.  Not flattering. 

Now that I've skeeved myself out a little, um.......loved the random appearance by Danny Davis. 

PY0Dd8v.png

• Like 2

What's with all this complaining of Brock/Taker being bad? Doesn't anyone remember their ... HITC ... match from way back when? They were the drizzling shits.

Clearly *you* don't remember that one.

Takers bloodz does not equate with me getting my $50 worth.

Well no, we know that you don't like to watch people bleed because you're not one of these ethically reprehensible fans or anything.

• Like 1

It's probably not really worth complaining about on a show with a shocking moment like that, but, this is the second Wrestlemania in a row that they've laid out a very obvious storyline leading into it (even if they were forced into it this year) and followed through with it exactly as expected.

I've been following Danielson's career since January 2001, but pro-wrestling is a fiction narrative. I got to see a great opening match and a kinda overbooked but enjoyable main event out of it, so on the wrestling side I have no complaints. But this is really boilerplate storytelling.

Brock also killed Hulkamania on a SD! and pinned The Rock clean at a SummerSlam. Really, he's not to be fucked with....

Best part is with the result it seems like they are going to continue investing in him as a part time talent. Hopefully long enough to get a Brock vs Cesaro match and a Brock vs Sheamus match.

The Undertakers' last five opponents have been Shawn Michaels (twice), Triple H (twice) and C.M. Punk.

Brock Lesnar beat the slop out of Shawn on a RAW by dragging him out of a car backstage (although it wasn't shown). He lost at 'Mania but won the feud with Triple H (even "breaking" his arm) and he beat C.M. Punk at Summerslam.

Brock Lesnar also has beaten The Undertaker before in a Hell in a Cell match.

So from a kayfabe standpoint, it sort of makes sense that Brock was the one to beat him, I guess.

If they actually built this up by mentioning any of that it would have added more intrigue to the match.  It'd make perfect sense if that was the direction they were going the last few years.  But knowing WWE I doubt that was the case.

• Like 1

What's with all this complaining of Brock/Taker being bad? Doesn't anyone remember their ... HITC ... match from way back when? They were the drizzling shits.

You not getting your money'z does not a bad match equal, either.

Taker's comebacks in this match were hilarious. You'd have Brock Lesnar, former UFC champion, just beating his ass mercilessly with simple stuff, punches, knees, stomps. Then suddenly he's whipping Taker into the ropes and going for a backdrop. The fuck, man? Just get on top of his old, defenseless ass and punch him in the face a hundred times.

So u think UFC champz shuld win evry match?? NO zombiez4life.

It's probably not really worth complaining about on a show with a shocking moment like that, but, this is the second Wrestlemania in a row that they've laid out a very obvious storyline leading into it (even if they were forced into it this year) and followed through with it exactly as expected.

I've been following Danielson's career since January 2001, but pro-wrestling is a fiction narrative. I got to see a great opening match and a kinda overbooked but enjoyable main event out of it, so on the wrestling side I have no complaints. But this is really boilerplate storytelling.

Looking at it as just one show i agree, but this is just the final chapter of a crazy rollercoaster ride for him since last summer.

You not getting your money'z does not a bad match equal, either.
No, it does. To be fair I only watched it that one time, but I distinctively remember saying "wow that's a lot of blood, but this match still fucking sucks." I have no in depth analysis to provide beyond that.
  • Like 1

Two primary reasons Punk/Taker didn't come close to HBK/Taker or HHH/Taker

1/ Punk can't hold a candle to HBK or HHH

2/ HBK/HHH vs Taker had actual tension because it was believable for these two dyed in the wool WWE guys to maybe, possibly, beat Taker. 

Therefore, I disagree that Cena/Taker had no legs...that would have been the streak match to top em all.

I agree that Brock was probably the best man to break it (lunatic BEASTMODE mma and WWE legend killing part-time champ). Sting would have been awesome though.

What were you expecting War and Peace or something it's wrestling for God's sake

Brock also killed Hulkamania on a SD! and pinned The Rock clean at a SummerSlam. Really, he's not to be fucked with....

Really, other than his comeback loss to John Cena, in which he still beat the holy hell out of Cena, Brock has looked like Godzilla most of the time.

Really, other than his comeback loss to John Cena, in which he still beat the holy hell out of Cena, Brock has looked like Godzilla most of the time.

Brock beating Taker just makes Brock losing to HHH last year that much more of a facepalmer.

• Like 2

God, what an amazing show to see live. I've never cheered so hard at a wrestling show and experienced legitimate shock and legitimate joy watching wrestling. That's an experience you can't re-create.

So glad Bryan/HHH went on first. That video package was quality stuff, as was HHH's entrance. Liked Sasha Banks and Charlotte getting a Punk-esque WM moment as HHH's throne girls. The match was really fun and I was so happy to see good HHH show up for this match. The arm work was nice with crossface chicken wing, HHH delivered a tiger suplex (something I never even fathomed), the single-knee diving headbutt counter, the struggle for the second pedigree, and there was a clean win for Bryan. Wasn't close enough to catch Steph's work on the outside, but I'm sure it was good. The post-match stuff was done perfectly and I'm glad it was mostly played off as just another setback, and not running with a "will he make the main event" angle.

The Shield match was fun, but it in a bad spot. Liked the cutoff entrances, but it didn't get the heat it deserved. The Shield looked good and the finish was impressive.

The battle royal was interesting. The ring filled with jobbers during the backstage segment, but I noticed Cesaro snuck in there too, so I was pretty pumped to see him win. Kofi's spot looked insanely dangerous. Cesaro straight heaving Show out of the ring was a great put-over moment.

Cena/Bray seemed like a match that might come across better on tv. Looked like they were going for a lot of subtle things with Cena's demeanor, so I'll definitely need to give that a re-watch. Had some good spots and some weird spots.

Taker/Lesnar was what it was. Pretty dull match with limited crowd involvement. That ending though was easily a top 3 surprise all time. It seems like weird timing, but I can see the positives with it as well, especially if Taker is done. The total WTF silence was chilling. Also interesting to see so many fans legit angry at a show.

The divas were in a bad spot, but they did what they could. Alicia looked good, and The Bellas did a double suicide dive, Emma got a couple spots, and AJ won as she should.

The main event was as good as it possibly could have been. Bryan was off the charts, good Orton showed up, and Batista was inoffensive. That table spot was crazy, and might be the sickest spot I saw all weekend after going to ROH and watching a terrible CZW death match at Wrestlecon. Bryan fighting off the stretcher was the best kind of wrestling cheese, and the nearfalls at the end were very well done. The final fall was perfect with Bryan clearing Orton out with knee then making Batista tap. The pop for him winning was the loudest I've experienced and the celebration was an amazing feel-good moment. 

Brock beating Taker just makes Brock losing to HHH last year that much more of a facepalmer.

Brock messed him up bad a few times.....

What was up with Bryan's furry boots tonight? Kinda distracting

Maybe him and Brie switched for the night. She was all dragon'f up. She also has the most feminine missile drop kick I've seen. So pretty.

Looking back on Da Streak, I get the feeling they started making Taker's WM matches all about the streak too late. I wasn't a fan of the epoch finisher trading bullshit or the old man equalivent to Bubba Ray's fat man mid-match breaks. Seems kinda pointless to have him doing "he's a big fucking deal" matches if anyone with decent eye sight can see he prolly should've quit ten years ago.

Ten years ago, Taker was in my favorite WM matches. Now they are like the other old fart matches that I can't phantom how anyone with morals would want to watch. 'Cept Taker's personal life isn't a shit stain.

Two primary reasons Punk/Taker didn't come close to HBK/Taker or HHH/Taker

1/ Punk can't hold a candle to HBK or HHH

2/ HBK/HHH vs Taker had actual tension because it was believable for these two dyed in the wool WWE guys to maybe, possibly, beat Taker. 

Therefore, I disagree that Cena/Taker had no legs...that would have been the streak match to top em all.

Punk's match was the best streak match right after HBK's from WM 25. I loved that it was so fast paced compared to the previous matches with HHH and had a real urgency feel to it.