DVDVR Message Board

2014 Reigns vs. 1996 Michaels

OSJ

The blatant homophobia here and in other threads is really getting out of hand OSJ.

If you've been reading my posts as long as you claim, you ought to know when I'm joking.

I literally have no idea what you're referring to with that comment. As to your "joking" you've dropped several gay jokes, the word queer, and the horrible opinions of your wife that Shawn looks like he "goes both ways". There's a pattern forming.

Sorry, that was the opinion of a woman who has been watching wrestling since the 1980s. I did not prompt the statement nor do I quite understand what about Michaels' appearance would give one that impression.  If you can't take "horrible opinions" WTF are you doing on the Internetz?

So you know how there is the Muta Scale to determine how severe a blade job a wrestler has done? I think we need the Resident Evil Scale to see how far off the deep end a poster has gone. Right now, OSJ is at a 6 on the Resident Evil Scale. 

• Like 3

So you know how there is the Muta Scale to determine how severe a blade job a wrestler has done? I think we need the Resident Evil Scale to see how far off the deep end a poster has gone. Right now, OSJ is at a 6 on the Resident Evil Scale. 

And I think that you and offspring515 need to get a room. We really need to start asking certain posters how they justify their existence again.

The blatant homophobia here and in other threads is really getting out of hand OSJ.

If you've been reading my posts as long as you claim, you ought to know when I'm joking.

I literally have no idea what you're referring to with that comment. As to your "joking" you've dropped several gay jokes, the word queer, and the horrible opinions of your wife that Shawn looks like he "goes both ways". There's a pattern forming.

I'm sure you all know that line is from Full Metal Jacket.  For all you fucking movie nerds on this board to act woefully ignorant of this just so you can keep bagging on OSJ, is just clown shoes. Get over yourselves or better yet, just don't engage this thread.

Goddamn dude why do you keep making gay jokes. What the fuck is your deal

I miss Gonzalez

I enjoy pissing you off?

Well thanks for admitting that you have nothing better to do.

The really fucked up thing about this is that you're old enough to be my father.

EDIT: I apologize for feeding the troll. He offended me with his *gay bashing to compensate for his own stifled homo-curiosity* routine.

And I think that you and offspring515 need to get a room. We really need to start asking certain posters how they justify their existence again.

Great idea. What exactly are you bringing to the table?

• Like 2

I'm beginning to think that responding to this thread in earnest was a mistake.

No it wasn't, I liked the fact that you responded in earnest. There's actually some material for some good discussion here, its a shame that a couple of goofs sullied the thread.

I only skimmed through a bit. I thought people were having a real debate over the two wrestlers and their respective years but I see now I was very...very..wrong.

Let's start over and ignore the trolls. The sad thing is that there simply isn't enough footage of Michaels first 4 years to compare. Obviously, in 1996 he was pushed to the moon. However, I still find most of Michaels' "classic matches" damn near unwatchable today. Anyway, here's my original thoughts on it:

Okay, in the interest of fair play:

Ringwork: I never for a second bought Michaels' human pinball routine and weakass offense. Reigns is simply far more convincing.

Personality: We all know what a whiney little shit Michaels was. Reigns apparently has a very good attitude.

Charisma: A lot of people bought into Michaels, so I'll give him a slight edge here. However, Reigns has charisma in spades.

Body of work: It's absurd to compare a two decade career with two years. Obviously, Shawn. However, if you were to compare four years in the biz, the edge would definitely go to Reigns. (And that's from someone that thought Michaels and Janetty were one of the greatest things ever, I still re-watch the Rose/Sommers bloodbath from AWA.)

Mainstream appeal: Well, we all know how well Michaels has fared outside of wrestling. The sky is the limit for Reigns.

Sex appeal: I will defer this to the lovely Mrs. OSJ. "Honey, who is better looking, Reigns today or Shawn Michaels in his prime?" ANSWER: "Roman, he looks like you did in your twenties. Shawn looked like a girly man who went both ways. Also, there's something very wrong about a man of his age prancing around to "Sexy Boy", he's not all that sexy and he's not a boy."

Draw: The jury is out on this until Reigns spins off into a singles career. We do know that Michaels couldn't draw flies with a handful of shit unless he was booked opposite someone like Bret or Taker.

One line each for charisma, ringwork and personality. Then a paragraph on his sex appeal. You know, you can make a judgment on a man's looks without pretending it's from your wife's point of view. It's 2014 and it's okay. 

• Like 1

Great idea. What exactly are you bringing to the table?

Vast knowledge of pro wrestling, literature, film and music.  Long considered one of the funniest posters on the board when I do the  comedy.

Whatcha got, punk?

I only skimmed through a bit. I thought people were having a real debate over the two wrestlers and their respective years but I see now I was very...very..wrong.

Let's start over and ignore the trolls. The sad thing is that there simply isn't enough footage of Michaels first 4 years to compare. Obviously, in 1996 he was pushed to the moon. However, I still find most of Michaels' "classic matches" damn near unwatchable today. Anyway, here's my original thoughts on it:

Okay, in the interest of fair play:

Ringwork: I never for a second bought Michaels' human pinball routine and weakass offense. Reigns is simply far more convincing.

Personality: We all know what a whiney little shit Michaels was. Reigns apparently has a very good attitude.

Charisma: A lot of people bought into Michaels, so I'll give him a slight edge here. However, Reigns has charisma in spades.

Body of work: It's absurd to compare a two decade career with two years. Obviously, Shawn. However, if you were to compare four years in the biz, the edge would definitely go to Reigns. (And that's from someone that thought Michaels and Janetty were one of the greatest things ever, I still re-watch the Rose/Sommers bloodbath from AWA.)

Mainstream appeal: Well, we all know how well Michaels has fared outside of wrestling. The sky is the limit for Reigns.

Sex appeal: I will defer this to the lovely Mrs. OSJ. "Honey, who is better looking, Reigns today or Shawn Michaels in his prime?" ANSWER: "Roman, he looks like you did in your twenties. Shawn looked like a girly man who went both ways. Also, there's something very wrong about a man of his age prancing around to "Sexy Boy", he's not all that sexy and he's not a boy."

Draw: The jury is out on this until Reigns spins off into a singles career. We do know that Michaels couldn't draw flies with a handful of shit unless he was booked opposite someone like Bret or Taker.

o_0

One line each for charisma, ringwork and personality. Then a paragraph on his sex appeal. You know, you can make a judgment on a man's looks without pretending it's from your wife's point of view. It's 2014 and it's okay. 

Very good. I will. Reigns looks like he could easily kick my ass when I was 28, Shawn Michaels, not so much. It's all about being convincing, I buy Reigns spear and superman punch as finishing moves, I never bought that halfassed superkick as doing much of anything. Reigns is a good-looking guy that looks like he can kick ass. Michaels is a little guy that I found completely unconvincing.