DVDVR Message Board

WWE on Youtube Thread

Thomas Bugg

I couldn't find a particular thread to put this under so I thought I'd create one for stuff that WWE puts on their Youtube channel. JBL & Cole Show stuff applies here as well.

I personally thought this was really cool. You had Joey Styles taking a tour through the WWE Warehouse and looking at all the equipment that was used for the rings for previous Wrestlemanias. I for one wondered just how they would pull off having last year's Wrestlemania in cold weather, how the wrestlers would be able to work matches without freezing their asses off in New Jersey. I got my answer here.

I'm surprised more of this Youtube content hasn't made its way to the Network. Especially to fill those 15 minute gaps between shows.

They probably have an exclusive content agreement with Youtube that expires after a certain amount of time.

I'm surprised more of this Youtube content hasn't made its way to the Network. Especially to fill those 15 minute gaps between shows.

They probably have an exclusive content agreement with Youtube that expires after a certain amount of time.

That might be it. I know the Inbox segments have been shown on the Network, but I don't know how old they were.

I was surprised at the number of WCW Nitros on Youtube, WWE doesn't seem to care about protecting WCW content just their own stuff. Stuff that I was looking for on the Network, but it isn't there, it is on Youtube, but not from WWE. 

• 4 weeks later...

The opening of today's JBL and Cole Show (w/ Renee Young) will make you love Barrett, Cody and Young more than you already do.

Also, Cody's NOLA umbrella celebration a few weeks ago was probably the most charisma he's ever shown. 

• Like 1

They should air old You Gotta Be Serious episodes between programming what r they like 5-7 minutes?

If anything deserves to be on the Network, it is the Triple H puppet.  It was more over than the real thing at that time  :)

• 4 months later...

Seriously, why is stuff like stuff like that on Youtube and not the Network? Left over contractual obligations?

The youtube deal has to have exclusive content. Only WWE Inbox (which is 90% lame) is shown on the network and live shows. 

I wish the JBL & Cole show was on the Network personally.

I think they are like hoarders in that they do not throw anything out.

To be honest, I think it's kind of great that they do it considering all the nightmare stories about wrestling libraries that were taped over or left rotting in someone's attic.

• 2 weeks later...