DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Magnus is going to be so jealous.

Moving on... Bryan Alvarez said on his radio show last night that Sting's signed with WWE,which as far as I know is the first time anyone's stated that publicly, and they're not in any special hurry to get him on tv.  This seems counter-intuitive to me, unless they're giving him time to get back in shape so he doesn't have to wrestle wearing a shirt.

Can you buy a shirt with a picture of WWE stock on it?  That's the real question of how much it's worth.

Can the WWE Stock his a sweet missile dropkick?  

re: The Shield.  PS Hayes was on the Austin podcast today.  Austin asked him why there are no tag teams anymore.  PS mentioned the Shield, and how when the first cam up he told them to do everything together, and they do.  He said the Shield and the Wyatts do everything together which really makes them vibe as teams.  

Am I wrong in thinking a biopic of Warrior would make a great movie?

I've always thought several wrestlers' life stories would make great movies and was kinda hoping the critical success of The Wrestler would've convinced Hollywood to greenlight one or two. Warrior and Sting, Foley, Andre, Hogan, Bruno...

Heck, even a Flair biopic would be great as long as it was done in the same style as The Wolf Of Wall Street

I've always thought a legit dramatic biopic of Rikidozan would be amazing. Korean born, hides his nationality, becomes a national hero and father of the Japanese television boom but falls in with the mob and dies because of it. Fucking golden story right there.

I can't be the only one who was creeped out every time over the last few weeks, when they showed that clip of Michael Hayes saying "Lita wasn't a girl. She was a chick! She was a hot chick!"

• Like 2

Just got a link through my facebook feed that made me smile enormously.

hxttp://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/exclusive-interviews-with-michael-cole (delete x)

Click on the Paul Heyman interview. Watch the first minute. See if you don't smile enormously too.

• Like 1

Anybody watch the WWE special on 'The Soup' last night?  It featured Michael Cole, JBL, Jerry Lawler, the Bellas, Dolph Ziggler, and Titus O'Neil.  Highlights were them showing a couple Teddy Long clips (The couple times he forgot what he was saying and just rambled, then getting into the limo with the Undertaker driving and going "Buckle up, Teddy.").  I also liked the way Jerry Lawler is just terrible at everything now, including when he was trying to read the teleprompter and said he wanted to see one of his favourite "Crips" which just killed Cole and JBL.  Even one of the Bellas got in on the act, making fun of him, when she replaced the word 'clip' with 'crip' a couple minutes later at his expense.  And Titus was awesome.  There was a scene where he was supposed to beat up this one guy and he was slapping him around and Joel McHale said he wasn't supposed to have that much fun doing it.  It's another show where you see Titus and go "This guy should be more famous".

RIP "RIP Warrior" thread (2014-2014)

We can't ever have anything nice ... :(

Sorry about that guys I didn't intend to overstep any boundaries on what was acceptable to discuss. Certainly didn't mean to ruin the thread for everyone.

Yeah, what jae said. I think, by history, it's easy to have a hair trigger as an admin, ESPECIALLY in sensitive times such as these. That's why I was waaay emphatic about not meaning that suicidal folks were "selfish" etc. (even though I said it) because that wasn't quite the point I was making.

My "we can't have nice things" is a personal catch-all response for whenever anything is taken away; I blame my mom.

• Like 2