DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

According to the reports from that meeting Vince had with the NXT roster, they are slowing down/holding off on calling people up for the most part, and want to focus on NXT as it's own brand.  Something about how they will still call people up, but it will be less often, and the talent shouldn't be expecting it.

Yeah, even among the Divas the only people I could see them getting rid of are Rosa (she just got out of rehab, so she's fairly safe) and MAYBE Tamina/Aksana (both have injured people in the past couple of months.)

I've been thinking for some time, that Paige should get the Gail Kim treatment and win the Divas Championship from AJ on her debut.

The Raw after Wrestlemania would be a perfect opportunity for that.

Paige had some "personal problems" which kept her off NXT for a few months. I assume that might be why Emma got called up before she did but that's just guesswork.

Neither here nor there but why the hell aren't they using Summer Rae's NXT music. It's so good. 

The window where people still like her and aren't sick of her, at which point she will get pushed and WWE will be like "but I thought you WANTED us to push her, golly, you just don't know what you want".

• Like 1

Meltzer wrote something a while back that the WWE is very leery of having someone under 21 on the main roster (at the time it was written Paige was only 19) so there could be something to that.

Honestly - I am totally fine with her not getting called up since pretty much if you aren't on Total Divas - you can eat shit and die in the WWE's mind.

I mean Emma got over, despite being saddled with Santino and has still virtually vanished.

Honestly not sure how the Divas' Title match at Mania will go.  Mania should be the "end of storylines" so A.J. SHOULD lose(to whoever), but I'd rather see the title reign end in a one-on-one match.  I've thought for a while that Summer will get it at some point, but I could see Eva get it simply for the boos she gets.  A.J.-Naomi has clearly been pushed to the side in favor of A.J.-Tamina...we'll see.

Paige had some "personal problems" which kept her off NXT for a few months. I assume that might be why Emma got called up before she did but that's just guesswork.

Neither here nor there but why the hell aren't they using Summer Rae's NXT music. It's so good. 

They are, at least on Superstars.

Also, I don't think AJ is less featured because of Punk. I'd say its a combination of things but mostly because she's not on total divas. It didn't help that she went off on Beadle, a guest. I watched Punk's interview where he discusses the situation. He said that he thought Beadle and him were friends but then she walked by and said "what up fuckface" so now they are no longer friends. What a load of crap. I'm no Beadle defender but it sounds to me like it was a friendly haha fuck you like you have with one of your boys. Unprofessional maybe but the real answer is not that punk was offended.. its that AJ flipped out because another woman was talking to him. Understandably he cannot say that.

So apparently Low Ki has retired from retirement and will work for DGUSA at the Wrestlemania weekened.

Or he's doing Gabe a soild since DG fucked up the Visa issues and no one from DG can legally enter the US and now Gabe has to fill a show with a quarter of his roster.

If you believe Gabe that is.

So apparently Low Ki has retired from retirement and will work for DGUSA at the Wrestlemania weekened.

Or he's doing Gabe a soild since DG fucked up the Visa issues and no one from DG can legally enter the US and now Gabe has to fill a show with a quarter of his roster.

If you believe Gabe that is.

Low Ki doing Gabe a favor? I doubt it. He's also been announced for another Indy promotion in June.

Gabe also managed to get Chris Daniels & Kazarian somehow for a match that will neither be shown on the PPV nor the DVD.