DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MONTY BROWN

RIPPA

It stinks that Monty Brown had to leave wrestling due to taking care of family things as I enjoyed him a lot more than a bunch of the other lumps around... especially the ones who have walked in and out of TNA

Of course - as evidenced by the Ridiculous TNA Matches thread... he had to suffer through a bunch of them. Poor fella

But yup... I miss the Pounce. I mean I am shocked like 1000 dudes weren't crippled by it but still

http://youtu.be/zUrdz66-NeY

Lashley took the pounce terribly, it looked like shit. It looked like Punk had a bad encounter with the bottom rope when he took it with taped ribs. He was holding his ear afterward, that would of hurt like hell.

Also I really liked that FSN had the names of the guys wrestling on the screen, really helped people tuning in for the first time or only occasionally (like me).

Yeah Hall did not look good or take it very well at all, in fact I think Brown moved more than hall did from the impact. I noticed that some of the bigger name guys didn't bump as crazy as jobbers. Though Styles and Sabu in particular took that thing like champs.

And apparently Dan Severn, he's going to be 44 next month already, so don't hope for a comeback.

Edit:

Brown was trained to be a professional wrestler by Dan "The Beast" Severn and Sabu, and made his in-ring debut in 2000.[1] He began his career in Michigan's All World Wrestling League, where he wrestled against competitors including his trainer Sabu.[9] During this time, he teamed with Chris Sabin.[9]

The extended sequence in the second clip of Monty just ruining geeks with the POOOOOUUUNCE! is like Wrestling 101 in building a guy up. Top-notch stuff. Shame he had to quit.

Also I really liked that FSN had the names of the guys wrestling on the screen, really helped people tuning in for the first time or only occasionally (like me).

FSN Impact was the best Impact.  One hour, usually three matches with set time limits and they had the Fox Box with the time limit clock ticking down.  Made it look like an actual sporting event instead of some bullshit soap opera about wrestling company owners.

• Like 2

Don't understand how TNA wasn't built around him, Truth & AJ Styles in the weekly PPV days. That's what I did in my TEW game and now in 2014 TNA is the #1 wrestling company in the world. They should have hired me instead of Russo.

• 4 weeks later...

Monty's problem was sloppiness.  He dropped Ron Killings on his head... on the concrete.... in one of Ron's very first title defenses.  Monty promptly disappeared for a little while after that, didn't come back until months later.  And the Pounce was basically the same deal as Goldberg's spear: it looked devastating because it WAS.  Monty didn't really have control over how hard he hit you, and coming at it from the side just made the move even more awkward and prone to cause trouble and injuries.