DVDVR Message Board

The "where are they now/what ever happened to..." thread

I believe Jim Dotson was a legit security guy that the WWE wanted to train and wrestle.  IIRC, he had a brief "feud" with Steve Blackman that went nowhere because, in part, Dotson had no interest in becoming an in-ring competitor.

Not much info on him post-WWE, but if various other forums are to be believed, Dotson left the WWE in 2001 due to migraine headaches and vision issues and now lives in TN. 

He's legally blind, too.

That didn't stop Stan Hansen.

Or Arn Anderson.

What about Chad Collyer? I always thought of him as a talented blue-collar guy that never really fit in in Ring Of Honor. Loved his theme music though.

If ever there was a man out of time in the wrestling industry it was that guy. He could have made a mint in the territory days

Someone told me that Al Madril will deny that he was ever a wrestler. This seems insane, but I guess not out of the realm of possibility. Anyone have any more knowledge of this?

I just checked with some folks that ought to know and apparently he is a nasty, bitter old man (not unlike the character he played in his last run in Portland). And yes, he refuses to talk about his wrestling past.

Does he talk about his time in Dethklok?

• Like 3

I saw that when I was watching Fall Brawl '93 I think and it blew my mind. When Schiavone introduced him as a "very special friend to WCW" or something like that I didn't actually expect him to be mentally handicapped but it was just astounding when they had him interviewing Davey Boy. On the long list of weird, bizarre, and awkward choices that WCW made that really has to be near the top.

For some reason I have it in my head that I read about a '90s episode of Memphis Wrestling where Sid had a face run, and brought out a handicapped kid from his neighborhood to talk about a charity/fundraiser he was involved with, introducing him along the lines of "here's my neighbor and friend who's gonna help me stay champion." When I first learned of the Scott Dunlap deal at Fall Brawl, I had always assumed this was the same neighbor kid since Sid was in the main event of this PPV and this was another favor for him to allow the kid to live a dream.

• Like 2

That downs syndrome backstage interviewer that WCW used on a couple of PPVs in 1993.

Awkward for all concerned, and dropped quickly enough and never referred to again? How? What? Why?

That's no way to talk about Missy Hyatt.

• Like 3

That downs syndrome backstage interviewer that WCW used on a couple of PPVs in 1993.

Awkward for all concerned, and dropped quickly enough and never referred to again? How? What? Why?

I thought we were talking about Tony Schiavone for a second. 

• Like 1

I thought we were talking about Tony Schiavone for a second. 

David Crockett reference for sure.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to Funaki? I know he popped up in japan for a bit after his release but I haven't seen his name anywhere for several months now.

• 1 year later...

Had to resurrect this thread because I just thought of one. Whatever happened to Mike Sanders, dude that was the promo guy in the Natural Born Thrillers in WCW? I know he made a few TNA appearances in their weekly PPV days, but after that I've heard of nothing from him.

And speaking of early TNA, whatever happened to Sonny Siaki?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Sonny Siaki donated an organ to his brother.

One of his kidneys, specifically.

• 4 months later...

Sedrick Strong?  Thirteen years and ROH could never be bothered to bring him in for even a one-shot match against "brother" Roderick.

I honestly thought Sedrick Strong had retired years ago (2005, say).  Cagematch says he worked a regular schedule until the beginning of 2011.

Looking at promotions he worked for - mostly Florida indys - I most likely have several of his matches from the late 00's on various DVDs.  I remember none of them.

Modest might still be.  According to Cagematch, Modest had about a dozen matches from 2011 to 2015, almost all in Las Vegas, where he was living, last I heard. His last was over a year ago, though. 

Morgan's last matches were in 2006, where he did a couple quick shots for TNA, teaming with Modest as La Migra, so he's likely done. 

I found one of those matches. Morgan had gotten pretty pudgy: