DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

The whole point of the Lesnar-UT thing from last night is the old standard that Taker's mind games are making Brock unsettled. Because in 2014 canon, much like the build to WM27 with Hunter, anything from the BikerTaker era never happened.

So yes, absolutely we're going to see Brock beat the shit out of Taker next week or sooner, screaming I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU in as weird-pitched a voice as possible, because it's Brock.

Then Taker sits up and Brock literally shits his pants on live television to sell it properly

• Like 1

I'm kind of happy they're keeping the Shield together a little longer.  I think Roman is the guy sees the dollar size in, but I'm not sure about how well as a solo he's going to be.  He's great in his role.  I'm kind of happy that Rollins and Ambrose seemed to have stepped it up.  I'm not sure how long face Dean will last just because he's so sleazy.  At some point, you figure he's going to Judas the rest of the group.  Even if they intelligently started having Kane get back at them by having them compete in a triple threat for the US title.  I figure even if they split them in two, Rollins can work as a baby face, even if they keep him as plucky friend that monster heels beat up to get heat with Roman.

And for those that think Cesaro should do giant swings over the top rope, you've played too much  Mat Mania and Virtua Fighter.

And Pete and I were pulling for Scooby to attack Sin Cara and to be revealed as Michael Hayes on the live Raw Tweetz last night.

I was thinking that when Cesaro inevitably turns face and leaves the Real Americans, Chris Masters would have been a great new partner for Swagger in the group's continuation. It's too bad he's gone.

I'd like for them to add a third member to the Real Americans and have them have a three-way feud with the Wyatts and the Shield, without breaking up any of those groups for a while.

RAW is 3-hours which is hard to watch in one sitting. In an era of DVR & downloads & streaming services with fast-forward, I'm not sure how many people still do watch it in one sitting. If RAW tonight was just the above three mentioned matches*, the Triple H sit-down interview, The Brock/Taker end & Razor announcement, it would have been so much better. As it stands, it just feels bloated every week because there's a lot of filler.

I watched RAW and Main Event all in one sitting last night. The WWE is a lot of fun right now. I am all for this more action oriented product.

I was thinking that when Cesaro inevitably turns face and leaves the Real Americans, Chris Masters would have been a great new partner for Swagger in the group's continuation. It's too bad he's gone.

I'd like for them to add a third member to the Real Americans and have them have a three-way feud with the Wyatts and the Shield, without breaking up any of those groups for a while.

I thought Leo Kruger would've been good for that.

Hero should have been brought in as a Real American. Kings of Wrestling + Swagger + Zeb= a pretty awesome faction

Hero should have been brought in as a Real American. Kings of Wrestling + Swagger + Zeb= a pretty awesome faction

And another 3-man tag team.

I think adding another 'foreigner' to the Real Americans would be cool. Time for a Santino heel-turn? I want some Zeb and Santino shenanigans!

Rusev. Yesterday.

That doesn't fit his character at all.  Hell, his name on the chyron isn't even in English.

I'm not sure what kind of character El Generico was on the indies, but what about Sami Zayn continuing to wrestle as Sami Zayn on NXT while portraying an anti-immigrant guy who claims to be a Mexican who wears a mask because he is too ashamed to show his face due to so many Mexicans sneaking across the border, while clearly being not a Mexican and engaging in caricatured stereotypical behavior.

Can that idea be tweaked to not be too offensive and added as a third member to the Real Americans?

I'm not sure what kind of character El Generico was on the indies, but what about Sami Zayn continuing to wrestle as Sami Zayn on NXT while portraying an anti-immigrant guy who claims to be a Mexican who wears a mask because he is too ashamed to show his face due to so many Mexicans sneaking across the border, while clearly being not a Mexican and engaging in caricatured stereotypical behavior.

Can that idea be tweaked to not be too offensive and added as a third member to the Real Americans?

It would sort of be a waste of Zayn's conversational babyface charisma.

Steen would be great at it. It helps that once unmasked, he just looks like some random asshole.

Well, you'd have an eventual face turn and (likely) unmasking.

I think this may be the perfect time for R Truth to dust off his confederate army cap and start talking about True American Truth and how True Americans are scared of spiders.  Scott Dawson would also be an acceptable casting decision if you want to up the adorable ignorance quota.  

• Like 1

You know...Kofi Kingston is reportedly interested in turning heel.  Maybe he can join and be touted as a model minority by Zeb Coulter as we get a feud between Big E, Mark Henry, and...another black guy against the Real Americans that leads to Cesaro challenging for the IC title.

Kofi would make a pretty useless heel, and he's probably one of the only over-with-the-kids classic babyfaces they have.

I'd much rather see Zeb stick around as a mouthpiece for Cesaro and have the two of them just dump the useless Swagger.  

The "Taker is an old man and Brock is a UFC champ!" stuff is hilarious.  The Undertaker is a fucking super hero, and Brock Lesnar is just some dude that won some fights against other mere dudes.  Brock's big mistake was leaving wrestling, where he was just battling other meatheads and getting rusty in regard to facing Satanic powers, warrior gods, Hulk-ups and Super Cenas.   Also, yeah, Brock will beat up on Taker the week before the match.  I know this because I've watched wrestling before.